Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol for a guest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Is there more to this story OP? Cant imagine anyone taking someone elses drink home with them...Why did she leave early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

If you're friendly enough to buy drink for her and leave her stay in your house, you should be friendly enough to say in a "I'm joking but not really" kind of way
    "Yo Trish, you thieving bitch. Where's my wine?? I hope it chokes you" but put a smiley face on the end of it

What sort of communication is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

discus wrote: »
    What sort of communication is this?

Text message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

TG1 wrote: »
    Even if I bring drink to someone's house if we don't finish it I leave it there... Can't believe someone would take wine you had bought!

Usually people leaving drink behind is more of a burden that a bonus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Colser wrote: »
    Is there more to this story OP? Cant imagine anyone taking someone elses drink home with them...Why did she leave early?

Apparently her brother is in hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I don't know I've had a few epic "drink whatever's been in the press more than a year" nights...
    I was reared on the give a thing take it back poem though so I'd fear someone pulling a string if I took wine with me leaving someone's house!
    I would never take wine they had bought in though, ever! That amounts to stealing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,770 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Colser wrote: »

I'm guessing shortened booty call myself from the OP's initial description :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Yeh!!!!!!

You can be a right burden on me anytime . a mother of a bitch burden . ....the worst kind!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I hope you rode her because she certainly rode you....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

The next time she comes over kick her in the gee.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

If you're friendly enough to buy drink for her and leave her stay in your house, you should be friendly enough to say in a "I'm joking but not really" kind of way
    "Yo Trish, you thieving bitch. Where's my wine?? I hope it chokes you" but put a smiley face on the end of it

You have to let your hatred of Trish go. It probably wasn't her at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

holyhead wrote: »
    A "friend" came to stay with me for a few days. Bought in alcohol for while she was here. She left early had to get back home, a friend picked her up but took the wine with her after she was asked not to as I had other friends coming over next week. Is it hers to take away or should she have left it.

Confusing stuff. Taking it with her is odd, but someone saying to me as a guest "don't take the wine with you when you leave" would be equally strange:confused:

maybe she took it because she felt offended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Yeh!!!!!!

You can be a right burden on me anytime . a mother of a bitch burden . ....the worst kind!!!!

I'm taking about half open bottles, 2/3 full cans, 1/5 vodka, etc. Just left. Wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Did you get a ride out of it OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

It was I who bought the alcohol in for her stay. Other alcohol was purchased by her during her stay leaving in my house an excess which she chose to take despite being asked not too when she left

She left with alcohol she bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭c_meth

A "friend" came to stay with me for a few days. Bought in alcohol for while she was here. She left early had to get back home, a friend picked her up but took the wine with her after she was asked not to as I had other friends coming over next week. Is it hers to take away or should she have left it.

Hmm fishy... I've never had a guest that I've had to ask not to take alcohol with them. Is this something that you ask all your guests??

She left with alcohol she bought?

No, the OP bought it and his "friend" brought it with her when she left early because her brother was "apparently" in hospital.

Hopefully the OP got the ride first though after all that. Netflix and chill I think is the latest term right? :)

It was I who bought the alcohol in for her stay. Other alcohol was purchased by her during her stay leaving in my house an excess which she chose to take despite being asked not too when she left

Ok most people are not getting this. As far as I can see.

1) you bought alcohol.
    2) she drank some but bought more alcohol.
    3) she took her surplus.

Don't see an issue if that's the case.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    No, the OP bought it and his "friend" brought it with her when she left early because her brother was "apparently" in hospital.

Hopefully the OP got the ride first though after all that. Netflix and chill I think is the latest term right? :)

I don't read it that way. If she took alcohol she didn't buy in the house there would hardly be a reason to ask on boards.

• Advertisement

Ok most people are not getting this. As far as I can see.

1) you bought alcohol.
    2) she drank some but bought more alcohol.
    3) she took her surplus.

Don't see an issue if that's the case.

No he bought the drink and she took what was left with her when she left I think

(EDIT: cross-posting)

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    No he bought the drink and she took what was left with her when she left I think

(EDIT: cross-posting)

I'm still not clear. Of course that would be theft. Let's see what the op says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Is the issue that she fished what u bought and then bought more but didn't finish the 2nd batch and you expected her to leave this is a replacement for original entertaining alcohol purchased by you?
    To me it sounds like an odd friendship if there's this dilemma after a stay.

Is the issue that she fished what u bought and then bought more but didn't finish the 2nd batch and you expected her to leave this is a replacement for original entertaining alcohol purchased by you?
    To me it sounds like an odd friendship if there's this dilemma after a stay.

She used some of the bulk purchase while a guest and left with the rest after being requested not too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I had friends over, I bought a box of the beer they drink
    later that day they bought another box, leaving most behind when they left.

Its still in my fridge. But my understanding was they were essentially replacing the drink they had drunk earlier, which was polite, but not expected from me.

I'm still not clear. Of course that would be theft. Let's see what the op says.

It is as Kaiser says

She used some of the bulk purchase while a guest and left with the rest after being requested not too

The bulk purchase she bought? That's not yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I doubt the OP just asked her not to take the alcohol out of the blue, I am sure it came up in conversation naturally.

The more pressing issue is why is the brother in hospital? I am imagining she stole his kidney after he asked her not to.

It is as Kaiser says

did she buy alcohol?
    Was it from this surplus she took off with?

• Advertisement

The bulk purchase she bought? That's not yours.

OP bought a load of drink as this girl was coming over

He doesn't drink himself but she had some and took the rest with her when she left

OP was expecting to have enough left for future guests but now doesn't

Advertisement