Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol for a guest

Options
  • 09-04-2016 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

A "friend" came to stay with me for a few days. Bought in alcohol for while she was here. She left early had to get back home, a friend picked her up but took the wine with her after she was asked not to as I had other friends coming over next week. Is it hers to take away or should she have left it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why didn't ye drink it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

holyhead wrote: »
    A "friend" came to stay with me for a few days. Bought in alcohol for while she was here. She left early had to get back home, a friend picked her up but took the wine with her after she was asked not to as I had other friends coming over next week. Is it hers to take away or should she have left it.

If you bought it she should have left it. If she bought it as a gift, then she was rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Is it not her alcohol? You should be the one supplying for your other friends if you Want them to have alcohol,or ask them to bring their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I don't drink and there was alternative drink bought while she was here

If you bought it she should have left it. If she bought it as a gift, then she was rude.

I bought it, dont drink myself but expected any leftover bottles to be available for next entertaining occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What is it? Half a bottle of wine or something? I'd not be losing any sleep tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Did she give it to you as a gift? When you say she left early, did she not wind up staying with you after all?

What is it? Half a bottle of wine or something? I'd not be losing any sleep tbh.

4 bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

When she was specifically asked not to take it and still did take it then she is out of order.
    Hopefully she binges on it and pukes her ring up.
    Tramp!

I bought it, dont drink myself but expected any leftover bottles to be available for next entertaining occasion.

Then she should have left it. But was it half open or was she drunkish when leaving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I don't drink and there was alternative drink bought while she was here

She brought her own booze and you want to give her booze to others. Give the alternative drink to the guests arriving next week, or get them to buy their own

Edit....
    You could have said that you bought it before. The cheek of her taking someone else's booze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It'd be a brave woman that would take my wine. That's a bit mad lol

Then she should have left it. But was it half open or was she drunkish when leaving?

She wasn't drunk and there was 4 unopened bottles taken

She stole bottles of wine off you??

She stole bottles of wine off you??

I think she thinks because they were bought in for her stay there were hers to take away if leftover. I think otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Why did you find it appropriate to ask her to leave the drink there?

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Why did you find it appropriate to ask her to leave the drink there?

She was going home and hence would no longer be my guest. I would also have other people over who do drink.

So you bought the alcohol, she was going to be staying in your house for free, and then she left with the alcohol early?

She should have left it and you never talk to her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Edit misread the OP as she 'brought' rather than you 'bought'. Taking 4 bottles is definitely out of line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

So you paid for it, she came for a visit, cut that short and left with your booze?

She is in the wrong here, it doesn't matter if you were pouring it down the sink it's yours to do what you want with!

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Did she give it to you as a gift? When you say she left early, did she not wind up staying with you after all?

It was I who bought the alcohol in for her stay. Other alcohol was purchased by her during her stay leaving in my house an excess which she chose to take despite being asked not too when she left

TG1 wrote: »
    So you paid for it, she came for a visit, cut that short and left with your booze?

She is in the wrong here, it doesn't matter if you were pouring it down the sink it's yours to do what you want with!

Essentially yes. No two ways around it.

She wasn't drunk and there was 4 unopened bottles taken

Not to insult your friend holyhead, but she sounds like a bit of a c*nt. You bought the wine, it's yours. If anyone stole my wine....I'd be a very, very angry time altering Valeyard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If you're friendly enough to buy drink for her and leave her stay in your house, you should be friendly enough to say in a "I'm joking but not really" kind of way
    "Yo Trish, you thieving bitch. Where's my wine?? I hope it chokes you" but put a smiley face on the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I certainly wouldn't just leave it. You bought wine and she took it.

Contact her and demand she return bottles and just be careful who you let into ur home . doesn't sound like she has any respect for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Send her an invoice for the 4 bottles to be paid within 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

She was going home and hence would no longer be my guest. I would also have other people over who do drink.

I misread the initial post.

Very saucy of her.

I think she thinks because they were bought in for her stay there were hers to take away if leftover. I think otherwise

Fcuk that....no one thinks like that

I don't drink wine...but id be annoyed as fcuk if I was you

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So you bought wine, she bought more wine and drank that then nicked your wine, all in a shortened stay?

I'd say she was great craic to have around, the filching wee souse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Even if I bring drink to someone's house if we don't finish it I leave it there... Can't believe someone would take wine you had bought!

Advertisement