Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Transfers - Undoing the mistakes in your WC panic team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Has to be another Liverpool defender. If he's out, I'm either going Lovren or Smalling

Lovren maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    Those seem decent moves yeah. I kinda need a United def too somehow.

I'm also keeping and eye on Rooney himself. If he gets 45 plus v WHU might be an ultimate punt.

If Fosu Mensah does well if he starts v Spurs he should hold his place for the dgw at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »
    If Fosu Mensah does well if he starts v Spurs he should hold his place for the dgw at least.

If he plays near as well as last week, he's sure to keep his place!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This is my dearest wish at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    This is my dearest wish at the moment.

cbj is cheaper though :D
    now that I'm more than likely signing iwobi money isn't a massive factor anymore anyway so may just get smalling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

He will be a very popular pick if he does do as well.

You going without KDB? Nearly scared not to but Nasri is so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He will be a very popular pick if he does do as well.

You going without KDB? Nearly scared not to but Nasri is so cheap.

Unlikely to fit KDB. Only regret of my wildcard is Iwobi. I called it at the time (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99254814&postcount=1328) that he was going to tear it up but Gabriel seemingly secure at that price, and Arsenal mids returning to fitness made me hold off. Broke even last week, not now and whether worth something like Gabriel to Smalling and get Iwobi is probably questionable. I still think he could get less than 140mins in 34 but the way he's going that could be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

1FT & 0.5m ITB

My worries for GW34 are Delaney Zaha & Sagna.

Plan was always to get rid of Delaney or Zaha for GW34 for a double player with a game in GW35.

However with Sagna not playing at all.. I'm not comfortable with him there. Want a guaranteed 2game player

Is it worth tranaferribg Sagna out? And for who?

Don't fancy palace defensively or attacking against Utd & Arsenal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Welbeck had a shocker yesterday so is it worth bringing in Giroud for a double home game week?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Mahrez or Lennon guys?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

lougal88 wrote: »
    Mahrez or Lennon guys?

Mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Played WC and set team up for GW34 so not making a transfer unless injury forcesmy hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Welbeck had a shocker yesterday so is it worth bringing in Giroud for a double home game week?

Too much of a risky punt imo as he's just not that assured of game time. Iwobi seems to be a good choice for an additional attacking Arsenal player if you need one.

Personally I'm seriously considering getting Carroll in for Kane just as a single week punt and then transfer him back in the week after. Will have to wait until the FA cup game anyway. It's a bit risky though and I'm not really in a position where I need to be taking too many risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'm quite tempted to do a -8 for Kane > Martial, Delaney > Smalling and Mahrez/Alli/Coutinho > Nasri...thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

keano_afc wrote: »
    Played WC and set team up for GW34 so not making a transfer unless injury forcesmy hand.

Same.

I'm adopting a " you live by the sword, you die by the sword" mentality for this upcoming gameweek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I allways planned on getting smalling in this week as United doubles are good.. Prob move on Jagielka for him as he's a doubt now too

Starting to doubt KdB slightly after yesterday.

Mata + Darmian or KdB + Fosuh-Mensah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Darmian to Smalling, and then one other transfer. Undecided as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

lougal88 wrote:
    KdB + Fosuh-Mensah?

The above all day and night.

KDB will start the next one. No question in my mind. I can't afford him though.

Fosuh Mensah was immense today. No coincidence that united fell apart once he went off injured.

Fosuh Mensah was immense today. No coincidence that united fell apart once he went off injured.

Have to make sure he is fit for weekend first though
    Then I think I will get him in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking Kane to Carroll after today's nightmare sure why not.

patmac wrote: »
    Thinking Kane to Carroll after today's nightmare sure why not.

I'm .1 short of Kane to sturridge
    this is prob a good thing !

If I'm doing it I have to do it tonight before KdB rises again :(

May take the gamble and hope that Timothy is ok for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Can we trust LVG to start Fosu-Mensah for both games though. You literally wouldn't know what he's thinking. He played young up front while Martial was out wide ffs and started with Rojo who was a disaster last week. He'll probably start Darmian now who I'm probably gonna sell.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Can we trust LVG to start Fosu-Mensah for both games though. You literally wouldn't know what he's thinking. He played young up front while Martial was out wide ffs and started with Rojo who was a disaster last week. He'll probably start Darmian now who I'm probably gonna sell.

Missed the football today so just watching motd now.

Where is Coutinho and Sakho??

Also LVG has gone completely mental!!

I need another wildcard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

lougal88 wrote: »
    Missed the football today so just watching motd now.

Where is Coutinho and Sakho??

Also LVG has gone completely mental!!

I need another wildcard :(

Coutinho and Sakho rested for the Dortmund game

Coutinho and Sakho rested for the Dortmund game

All that planning for nothing!!

Might as well get in Gareth Barry and Pelle FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hard to know what Ill do this week. I currently have 9dgw players with doubts over a couple of them. Utd have 11 goals in the last 10 games. I know they have villa as part of the dgw but they then have a blank. Martial has only 3 double digit scores all season. I think its unlikely he gets more than 20 pts in the double. I can keep kane so its whatever he gets against stoke and then the -4 to get him out and the fact im down a player for 35 or another -4. I dont think martial is a move ill make. If jags is out ill get smalling for him as part of a -4. Im not going to bother with a liverpool player till 35 id imagine it will be much the same team as today against bournemouth with a full strength team against dortmund and everton. Due to cans suspension milner is the only one under slight consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I wish I had just brought in Pelle instead of Martial now, in hindsight it was pretty stupid of me not to pick him, Martial's dgw is cancelled out by Southampton's game in 34 so it's not like there was any advantge in really bringing in Martial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

siblers wrote: »
    I wish I had just brought in Pelle instead of Martial now, in hindsight it was pretty stupid of me not to pick him, Martial's dgw is cancelled out by Southampton's game in 34 so it's not like there was any advantge in really bringing in Martial

No you were quite right to pick him. Martial has two games this week v. 2 of the bottom teams. And you can always transfer him out for gw 35 if you want Pelle :) Martial had and has a very big advantage imo

Advertisement