Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Aintree Grand National 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

It didn't make it to the second fence. That used to be my specialty; picking the first horse out of the race.

I'm very upset. I bet the heating money :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I'm very upset. I bet the heating money :(

It's mild enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

mansize wrote: »
    It's mild enough

I just looked out the window to see hailstones :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

Was tempted to back Holywell earlier in the week at 18/1, just five or ten quid. Fell at the second so I'm happy I thought twice :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Had rule the world at forty to one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭OUTOFSYNC

Put 5 euro to win on rule the world ( for the mother). Ticket said 255 euro if win based on odds at time however the bookies only paid out 170 (odds just before race). How does that work?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OUTOFSYNC wrote: »
    Put 5 euro to win on rule the world ( for the mother). Ticket said 255 euro if win based on odds at time however the bookies only paid out 170 (odds just before race). How does that work?

Were the odds on the ticket? If not you get the odds at the start of the race

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭OUTOFSYNC

Thanks. How do you get odds at time of betting?

Thanks. How do you get odds at time of betting?

In paddypower you tick a box on the betting slip to indicate you want them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Put 5 euro to win on rule the world ( for the mother). Ticket said 255 euro if win based on odds at time however the bookies only paid out 170 (odds just before race). How does that work?[/QUOTE

Usually you have to write the price on it to get it or it reverts to starting price (SP).

did the docket print out with the odds on it?

• Advertisement

Yeah you need to mark the odds on the slip or they give you the odds at the start of the race

€5 x 33/1 = €165 + stake €5 = €170

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I had 1st and 5th in this race. Onenightinvienna as well wherever that finished. 2nd straight year I had the winner of this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

lycan238 wrote: »
    I had 1st and 5th in this race. Onenightinvienna as well wherever that finished. 2nd straight year I had the winner of this race.

Right next year pm me who you're betting on! I haven't managed to back a winner since hedgehunter... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

TG1 wrote: »
    Right next year pm me who you're betting on! I haven't managed to back a winner since hedgehunter... :(

Yeah will do would have posted earlier but no coverage. Had 2nd and 3rd the year before that as well I think or that might have been last year's gold cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

My nag was so far behind the rest, he had to tip toe into the stables so as not to wake the other horses up. :mad:

My nag was so far behind the rest, the had to tip toe into the stables so as not to wake the other horses up. :mad:

Stick to betting on small races :p

My nag was so far behind the rest, he had to tip toe into the stables so as not to wake the other horses up. :mad:

Wasn't Boston Bob was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Stheno wrote: »
    Wasn't Boston Bob was it?

No I did Saint Are on the nose, but I also had Hadrians Approach as a lil outsider E/W bet also.

Anyone sub us until dole day now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Did a flutter on this race, as well as backing the two favourites each way, I also put a small 2 euro each way bet on a random outsider.

That outsider was Rule The World. :D

I lit up when I saw that horse was about to win. I was estatic to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Had 3 horses and think they are still running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭buried

I had 50 quid on Hadrian's Approach. Only thing it approached and then slammed into was the first fence. Hadrian's Wall they should have named the creature

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Advertisement