Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW33 Matchday thread

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

67 points. Like loads more here, have doubt over Sakho, Darmian and Gabriel. What I'd give now for a time machine or another wildcard!
    Anyone complaining with an above average score can do one ;). 60 points for me. I doubt the lack of 37 TC will be that catastrophic. We may even gain ground if the majority TC Payet for a blank and a rest while captaining PVA leads to a 20 pointer.

It must be a sign of how bad this season has been for me that I've been giving this very thing some serious consideration over the past couple of days...:D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anyone complaining with an above average score can do one ;). 60 points for me. I doubt the lack of 37 TC will be that catastrophic. We may even gain ground if the majority TC Payet for a blank and a rest while captaining PVA leads to a 20 pointer.

Then we won't be gaining from our TC, we'll.....a i give up!! :)

Oh, and anyone ranked 14k or so can do one an all!! :)

Especially if they made sensible and rational arguments for triple captaining a known FPL troll with 8 blanks in 11 GWs??

His points since GW20 were 2, 2, 2, 1, 9, 2, 5 ,7, 2, 2 you know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

For anyone who watched tonight's game, how did Lukaku do? Martial got 2 assists but was pretty quiet throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Then we won't be gaining from our TC, we'll.....a i give up!! :)

Oh, and anyone ranked 14k or so can do one an all!! :)

Especially if they made sensible and rational arguments for triple captaining a known FPL troll with 8 blanks in 11 GWs??

His points since GW20 were 2, 2, 2, 1, 9, 2, 5 ,7, 2, 2 you know!!

Ah, but would you TC PVA? I wouldn't. I blame the chips and the bloody casuals

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

siblers wrote: »
    For anyone who watched tonight's game, how did Lukaku do? Martial got 2 assists but was pretty quiet throughout.

He had one good chance, otherwise very isolated and he didn't seem that interested. Everton did nothing attacking wise after McCarthy red. He's about 5th priority to ship out so I have at least another week of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I know it's all fun and games talking about captain PVA for a DGW but I've never been as close to heart failure as I was in the last 10 minutes of that Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

24 points last night brought me up to a respectable 70. I'll take it and run.

From 9k up to 8k so at least an increase.

Just a pity Jagielka missed last night. My transfer will probably be used on changing him for someone cheaper.

I'm going ahead with bench boost. Darmian is my one big worry and I can't see him featuring but might as well take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've got my highest rank all year, now at 87k which is embarrassing but I'll push on, no point making predictions now but I'll keep going up, certain of that :o

Next year I need a good start, even when ive had good finishing positions the past two years I've had to do it from a crappy early position, this year again I was 1.5m after week 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

70 sees a small green arrow. Like most, Delaney and Robles saving the week!

Still plan on using BB but quite a few worries with Gabriel, Darmian and (what was I thinking) Bolaise. Had planned on rolling the transfer but may take a hit or two to set me up for this week and next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »
    24 points last night brought me up to a respectable 70. I'll take it and run.

From 9k up to 8k so at least an increase.

Just a pity Jagielka missed last night. My transfer will probably be used on changing him for someone cheaper.

I'm going ahead with bench boost. Darmian is my one big worry and I can't see him featuring but might as well take the chance.

Also need to dump Jags. Options are a bit limited. Maxed out on Liverpool. I want someone with a GW35 game, so that rules out Watford, WHam, ManU, Palace, Everton. I can't afford an Arsenal defender (I already have Gabriel). Essentially it's gotta be a City or a West Brom. I only have 5.5m, so that only leave Clichy from City. I don't really think Clichy is nailed. He didn't start the last game. I presume it's a case of him almost certainly starting one game, with an outside chance of starting the second.

All things considered, I think I'll go for Evans. Guaranteed starter. Fairly cheap so will bank some money for next week. And W Brom have one decent home fixture vs Watford. And you'd never know what they'll do vs Arsenal. They're away so they could go and park the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

63 sees me fall to 6.5k . Jags injury costing me a pts hit to get him ,pts last night and a hit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

64 points.

Fell 13k to 195k.

Good wildcard!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    I'm on 56 pts. Should end up on 59 with Rashford & Darmian useless subbings & Robles heroic BPs.

Top 10k average: 66 & overall average 56.2 make my WC part 1/3 a huge failure.
    20k down to 113k. Worse than I expected since I'm above the game average. But FPLD top 10K averages have been all season top 100k (maybe even top 200k).

85 pts away from top 10k. Season is now definitely over. Only remaining aim is to save my position in FSA Prem' and get the highest finish possible... With all the doubts surrounding my squad will need some miracles now :p...
    63 (-4) for me . If I had of BB it would be 85(-8). 18 pts extra I wish id played it now even with ake not playing. The BB is causing me massive headaches. I can go -12 this week sort my team out and play BB or go -4 and TC.
    No point taking a 12 pts hit to use BB is it? How certain are you of your players getting 180 min?

Was 164th Sunday night, 70 sees me rise to 91st. In pretty decent shape for 34 with BB ready to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

62 sees me drop 17k places to 200k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

58 points. the less said about it the better.

Not even going to count what my pre-WC team would have got considering I had Siggy, Ozil, Vardy, Williams etc.

I never envisaged Palace keeping 2 clean sheets as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

69 points which just about got me a green arrow to 181K.

I'm on 9 green arrows in a row. I think 10 is my best run of green arrows in all seasons. If I can continue to get green arrows until the end of the season and end up inside the top 100K I'll be very happy considering the tough season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Robles what a week saver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Finished with 90 after a -4 transfer.

Getting Robles & Moreno in my team was a great move.

Up 100k!

iroced wrote: »

No point taking a 12 pts hit to use BB is it? How certain are you of your players getting 180 min?

It's a bit more complicated than that for me. I need a -4 due to ake and jags. So it's an extra -8 for me however the two transfers I'll be making have a gw35 fixture and bring me up to 11 so probably save me a -4 next week. I'll need to look at it in more detail later. The problem with planning bb in advance is that by the time you come to play it players have got injured dropped rotated or suspended. I'd be happy with getting 4 extra players on the pitch from my BB preferably with decent fixtures without ruining my future team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

73 gives me a green arrow and a rise from 651st to 531st. Got burned with Lukaku triple captain but Moreno and Ward saved my week. Bench boost will be played this week so hoping for a big score. Two free transfers Bolasie and Ward will go so may reluctantly have to keep a hold of Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

87pts sees a rise of 1200 places to 898. Toby in for Sakho was a nice slice of luck.
    No United D coverage and Barkley are the main concerns going into this week.
    Considering a hit to maintain my position and hoping my TC versus the BBers is competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

siblers wrote:
    Was 164th Sunday night, 70 sees me rise to 91st. In pretty decent shape for 34 with BB ready to use.

ElTel wrote:
    87pts sees a rise of 1200 places to 898. Toby in for Sakho was a nice slice of luck. No United D coverage and Barkley are the main concerns going into this week. Considering a hit to maintain my position and hoping my TC versus the BBers is competitive.

I think the most productive thing the rest of us on boards could do is form some sort of cheerleading troup for you guys for the rest of the season.

Who's with me?

Gimme an 's', gimme an 'i' , gimme a 'b'

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

59 for the week. Down 8k to 36k. Robles was the saviour and Lukaku the let down. Now have to decide how to approach this big upcoming DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I think the most productive thing the rest of us on boards could do is form some sort of cheerleading troup for you guys for the rest of the season.

Who's with me?

Gimme an 's', gimme an 'i' , gimme a 'b'

Ha! Don't forget Bohsman and McGettigan. I'm pretty sure there'll be a few more up there if GW34 goes well.
    I'm 46pts behind Siblers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

ElTel wrote: »
    Ha! Don't forget Bohsman and McGettigan. I'm pretty sure there'll be a few more up there if GW34 goes well.
    I'm 46pts behind Siblers.

McGettigan has a cool 1k in his back pocket with the boards pay league. Happy days :P

stephenl15 wrote: »
    McGettigan has a cool 1k in his back pocket with the boards pay league. Happy days :P

Jesus Christ, I'll be signing up to that next year! I'm set to win my pay league but they cut the entry fee in half this year, less monies for me :(

ElTel wrote: »
    87pts sees a rise of 1200 places to 898. Toby in for Sakho was a nice slice of luck.
    No United D coverage and Barkley are the main concerns going into this week.
    Considering a hit to maintain my position and hoping my TC versus the BBers is competitive.
    Fair play. Good to see you up there you are playing your own game and have a strategy different to the masses and are sticking to it. You remind me of a young swiper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

63 all out

Sakho and Coutinho were the big let downs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Fair play. Good to see you up there you are playing your own game and have a strategy different to the masses and are sticking to it. You remind me of a young swiper.

That's high praise for the young lad, I was indeed a crazy young buck, embarrassing to see what I've become:o:pac:

Advertisement