Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW33 Matchday thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Like this post if you noticed that Palace hadn't kept a clean sheet all year, saw their defensive stats were horrendous and decided not to bring in one of their defenders.
    You mean 2016 right? They had 6 in the first half of the season.
    Almost the same can be said about Everton though.

-

Anyway despite Delaney & Robles points tonight, this result is a catastrophy. Nightmare post WC GW for me.

Have no idea what to do and who to potentially get in for 34.

The double Palace CS & Lukaku 4 pts/2 games in for Vardy 13 pts/1 game sums up this/my season :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Last minute decisions killed me on the WC.

Robles out for DDG
    Dleaney out for Jags.

Hoping DDG repays the faith next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

iroced wrote: »
    You mean 2016 right? They had 6 in the first half of the season.
    Almost the same can be said about Everton though.

-

Anyway despite Delaney & Robles points tonight, this result is a catastrophy. Nightmare post WC GW for me.

Have no idea what to do and who to potentially get in for 34.

The double Palace CS & Lukaku 4 pts/2 games in for Vardy 13 pts/1 game sums up this/my season :pac:...
    How many points did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I'll be 62 I think after bonus and auto subs. Despite it feeling like a disaster out week it might not be too bad.
    All the last minute WC decisions went wrong. I had Delaney and decided against it and got Simpson back in (losing 0.1m in the process), made a last minute swap from Moreno to Sakho and got in Bolasie and Lennon who proved to be useless. I could have got Iwobi and and expensive defender instead of Lennon/Bolasie and Gabriel who I fear might now be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

For a DGW??

Yeah, didn't manage to get in some last minute changes to my team. Oh well, 62 points in the end w/ BPS.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    How many points did you get?
    I'm on 56 pts. Should end up on 59 with Rashford & Darmian useless subbings & Robles heroic BPs.

Top 10k average: 66 & overall average 56.2 make my WC part 1/3 a huge failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

At least I have Joel.
    At least I didn't use my TC chip.

Those are the only micro positives I can take after that GW, topped off by Palace defenders all around be in my leagues, despite them being shít at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I would guess that almost everybody who wildcarded this week with the intention of having 13-15 DGW players will end on somewhere between 55-65 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

iroced wrote: »
    I'm on 56 pts. Should end up on 59 with Rashford & Darmian useless subbings & Robles heroic BPs.

Top 10k average: 66 & overall average 56.2 make my WC part 1/3 a huge failure.

I'm on 60 which is fairly meh. But we still have hope. Part 1 of 3, right! Gonna get 170 points next week and it'll make up for all of it... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

TC Lukaku

Sums up my year in a nutshell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chesty08 wrote: »
    TC Lukaku

Sums up my year in a nutshell

****ing ****ing ****.

Sums up my year.

I'm on 60 which is fairly meh. But we still have hope. Part 1 of 3, right! Gonna get 170 points next week and it'll make up for all of it... :o
    I'd love to be that hopeful but with 7 players doubtful for the double I resigned myself to failure :D. I think I'm gonna bank on a miracle. After all there are miracles every GW for unsensible choices. Why not mines :p?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Guys in my leagues getting away with not even owning Lukaku is what's the hardest to stomach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

37 from 11 at the weekend, 24 from 4 tonight brings me up to a respectable 61 for the week.

Got to feel for those who TC'ed Lukaku, ridiculous.

km79 wrote: »
    Never captain lukaku
    Like this post if you are going back to the only thing you know to be true in fantasy football :D

I'm currently on Ryanair booking flights to Merseyside to batter him. Hell hath no fury like a triple captainer scorned.

May sell him for 34 yet. Arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Watford and Palace.

Outside of Newcastle and Villa, given their respective form, there's barely better DGW opposition you could've picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Guys in my leagues getting away with not even owning Lukaku is what's the hardest to stomach.

Thats my old pal 7 transfer guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

That's the biggest downside to this DGW, rival gets 87 without him.

Anyway i end up on 77, Bench boost next GW - i must be made but thinking of giving Big Rom the TC for GW37. any idea when everton's other game will be re-schedule to?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »
    Watford and Palace.

Outside of Newcastle and Villa, given their respective form, there's barely better DGW opposition you could've picked.

and Everton score all their goals away from home

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm currently on Ryanair booking flights to Merseyside to batter him. Hell hath no fury like a triple captainer scorned.

May sell him for 34 yet. Arsehole.

atleast you won our cup game. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

There's a guy sitting in 2nd place in the Boards Pay League who doesn't own him, just Barkley from tonight's game, also benched Hennessey. €500 if he stays there.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭COH

80 all in... not quite the post WC catastrophe that looked likely after the weekends games.

Annoyingly Lukaku was a good differential in my money league so pretty disappointed he did f*ck all twice.

Fingers crossed the everyone plays for the DGW BB now

Right. After watching russian (for some reason) highlights of the game without knowing the result and doing several minutes of deep breathing I checked my score.

A semi respectable 71 is unfortunatly no consolation for blowing my TC on a player I described in the captain thread as "a known FPL troll with 8 blanks in 11 GWs?? His points since GW20 are 2, 2, 2, 1, 9, 2, 5 ,7, 2, 2" before going on to TC him.

The damage if this won't be felt this gameweek but in 34 and 37 when most others roll out thier TCs. The damage this week is limited by Robles and the fact that most people normal captained BBD as well so gained 4 on them in the GW but will lose heavily to them if Sanchez romps home in 34.

Projected rank 120k which would be a small green arrow. Hopefully the projection is right as if I get a red arrow after wildcardimg before a dgw and playing TC I would be better never playing this game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Right. After watching russian (for some reason) highlights of the game without knowing the result and doing several minutes of deep breathing I checked my score.

A semi respectable 71 is unfortunatly no consolation for blowing my TC on a player I described in the captain thread as "a known FPL troll with 8 blanks in 11 GWs?? His points since GW20 are 2, 2, 2, 1, 9, 2, 5 ,7, 2, 2" before going on to TC him.

The damage if this won't be felt this gameweek but in 34 and 37 when most others roll out thier TCs. The damage this week is limited by Robles and the fact that most people normal captained BBD as well so gained 4 on them in the GW but will lose heavily to them if Sanchez romps home in 34.

Projected rank 120k which would be a small green arrow. Hopefully the projection is right as if I get a red arrow after wildcardimg before a dgw and playing TC I would be better never playing this game again.

Cough, cough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

45 points. Well set up for 34 and 35 though, but I'm chasing losses made this game week so only time will tell if it was worth it.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Cough, cough :pac:

Yeah. That highlighted part is making my point and disagreeing with yours btw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Looks like I'll finish the week on 79...double palace and Robles doing the business
    But Lukaku c and De bruyne coutinho sakho rested could have have been so much better
    Still 14 dgw now and 11 for 35 so onwards and upwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

how did Baines play tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

A semi respectable 71 is unfortunatly no consolation for blowing my TC

Anyone complaining with an above average score can do one ;). 60 points for me. I doubt the lack of 37 TC will be that catastrophic. We may even gain ground if the majority TC Payet for a blank and a rest while captaining PVA leads to a 20 pointer.

• Advertisement

Hennessey
    Jags Daniels Morgan
    Mahrez bolasie sanchez payet
    Aguero kane lukaku
    Elliott Gabriel ake ozil
    Lukaku normal captain
    I'm still tempted to do elliot to robles and play my BB.
    Fhfc I think you have our cup tie in the bag once I don't BB.

63 (-4) for me . If I had of BB it would be 85(-8). 18 pts extra I wish id played it now even with ake not playing. The BB is causing me massive headaches. I can go -12 this week sort my team out and play BB or go -4 and TC.

Advertisement