Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

screamer wrote: »
    Bargain alert but unnecessary piece of equipment. Bottles can be made in advance and put in bottom of fridge. I often did it and warmed in the microwave 30 seconds good swirl and test and you're good to go. It beats your perfect prep time and faffing about every time.

Storing and using formula
    Ideally a powdered formula feed should be made up as and when you need it. However, sometimes preparation in advance is necessary, for example, when taking your baby to nursery. Once you’ve prepared the formula, use it within two hours. If you’re storing made up formula, ensure it is cooled rapidly and stored at the back of the fridge at below 5°C – but discard after 24 hours if not used. When reheating a bottle never leave a bottle warming for more than 15 minutes. Warm the feed in a bottle warmer or place in a container of warm water. Don't use a microwave to warm a bottle as it unevenly heats the feed and may burn your baby's mouth. Shake the bottle before giving it to your baby so there are no hot spots and remember to always test the temperature on your wrist first too. If it feels hot, it’s too hot for your little one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

Well, I have a 7 year old whose bottles were made, stored in fridge and reheated in microwave, swirled to mix and tested for temperature and she was never sick nor scalded (these were the guidelines back then it was fine to make bottle in advance in batches). They are always changing the guidelines, but if people feel the need to spend 80 euro plus on this gadget to bottle feed babies, then of course they can go right ahead. I won't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

screamer wrote: »
    Well, I have a 7 year old whose bottles were made, stored in fridge and reheated in microwave, swirled to mix and tested for temperature and she was never sick nor scalded (these were the guidelines back then it was fine to make bottle in advance in batches). They are always changing the guidelines, but if people feel the need to spend 80 euro plus on this gadget to bottle feed babies, then of course they can go right ahead. I won't be.

That's good to hear, but not relevant to the bargain alert posted by the op
    This is a great saving for anyone wanting one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Seems to be discontinued in the US. Anyone know why?

Advertisement