Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip off Ireland is back !

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Billy86 , I hope you kindly told that place to get f*cked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Indeed I did! Stayed in there since I'd paid a $10 charge in but had a sober one (it's easier to do over there, tighter drink laws mean there are typically a lot less messy people in any place). It was called Establishment at the time I think (best I know it's called Pacha now) - very fancy type of place, nightclub with a swimming pool should say it all. Not really my type of place, but I was only in the country a week or two and got convinced to go out from some incredibly hot Canadian women who checked into my hostel room a few hours earlier. :p

In Toronto it's worse again, if you go clubbing downtown on weekends (pushing 30 so not mad on clubs any more, and here's why I give these ones an absolute miss...) a lot of places won't let you in without having reserved a tabkle and 'bottle service'. Which is basically their way of saying "we're not letting you in until you pay $300 for a single bottle of spirits (usually fairly cheap crap at that)". That said, Toronto is kind of like a diet version of New York, so there's no lack of pretentious eejits either on crazy money or (and actually more likely according to local taxi/uber drivers) with unlimited access to mommy and daddy's credit card, so if they can charge it knowing idiots will pay, it's kind of hard to blame them for doing so.

Oh yeah and gold diggers/'it' girls/etc... google 'bottle service girls Toronto' for some good old, high quality perving! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭AlanG

Lots of rip off pubs in Dublin but our top hotel bars are actually quite cheap compared to other cities. In most cities you would pay 3 to 4 times standard pub prices for a drink in a 5 star hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Allinall wrote: »
    If I owned or ran a pub, and anyone came on to read their paper, or watch a match or whatever without buying as much as a cup of tea, I'd run them out of the place.

the flip side is that if someone came to my restaurant and bought a meal I wouldn't be looking to make sure they never came back by charging them for a glass of tap water

Advertisement