Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat 9th April 9th Connacht V Grenoble - European Glory

Options
  • 07-04-2016 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Will be an interesting game. Two teams that like like to play open rugby. If I would say Connacht have the advantage. We have held Leinster to no tries while they sat on our line. We gave two tries to Ulster. One was a pack being forced over the line (sorry Rodney where were you) and Jake is somebody you would miss. The other try was fast offloads and a pleasure to see as was Blade's try a pleasure to see. So should be a good game. Looking forward to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

Is this on the telly?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

d2ww wrote: »
    Is this on the telly?

BT sport will have it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Hope Connacht win, but this game is probably more important to Grenoble so I think they might just sneak it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Team announcement at lunchtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

vienne86 wrote: »
    Team announcement at lunchtime?

Around noon according to Newstalk. I hope there's no messing now with resting lads, play your strongest team Pat. We only have a handful of games to go. Let's go balls to the wall to win them all. Great chance to complete a famous double.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Linley McKenzie in the Advertiser reckons we're looking at a Bundee/Henshaw centre pairing.

13KItmwXE01oZy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Connacht team to face Grenoble, Saturday April9th, Stade des Alpes, 9:05pm

15 Matt Healy
    14 Niyi Adeolokun
    13 Robbie Henshaw
    12 Bundee Aki
    11 Danie Poolman
    10 Shane O’Leary
    9 Kieran Marmion

1 Denis Buckley
    2 Tom McCartney
    3 Finlay Bealham
    4 Ultan Dillane
    5 Andrew Browne
    6 Sean O’Brien
    7 Eoin McKeon
    8 John Muldoon (captain)

Replacements:

16 Dave Heffernan
    17 Ronan Loughney
    18 JP Cooney
    19 Quinn Roux
    20 James Connolly
    21 John Cooney
    22 Peter Robb
    23 Fionn Carr

Injured/Unavailable: Nathan White, Ben Marshall, Jake Heenan*, Nepia Fox-Matamua, Eoghan Masterson, Ian Porter, Caolin Blade, Jack Carty, Craig Ronaldson, AJ MacGinty, Dave McSharry, Rory Parata, Api Pewhairangi, Darragh Leader, Ciaran Gaffney, Tiernan O’Halloran

*Jake Heenan rolled his (other) ankle in Tuesday afternoon’s pitch session which ruled him out of traveling to France this weekend. An update will be provided on his expected return to play date next week.

Grenoble v Connacht
    Saturday April 9th
    Stade des Alpes
    Kick off 9:05pm

Live on FR4 / BT Sport / beIN Sports

Referee Matthew Carley (England)
    Touch Judge 1 Greg Garner (England)
    Touch Judge 2 Craig Maxwell-Keys (England)
    TMO Rowan Kitt (England)
    Citing Commissioner Dave Guyan (England)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Jesus Heenan really can't catch a break. Surprised not to see Conor McKeon benching, if anything happens to O'Leary in fairly serious bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

15. Gio Aplon; 14. Tino Nemani, 13. Chris Farrell, 12. Nigel Hunt, 11. Lucas Dupont; 10. Jonathan Wisniewski, 9. Charl McLeod; 1. Sona Taumalolo, 2. Loick Jammes, 3. Dayna Edwards, 4. Ben Hand, 5. Peter Kimlin, 6. Steven Setephano, 7. Mahamadou Diaby, 8. Rory Grice

16. Paulin Mas, 17. Fabien Barcella, 18. Rossouw de Klerk, 19. Mathias Marie, 20. Fabien Alexandre, 21. Lilian Saseras, 22. Fabrice Estebanez, 23. Fabien Gengenbacher

Not the most star-studded lineup but not a bad team. Looking forward to seeing Farrell.

Healy at 15 - didn't see that coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Healy at 15 - didn't see that coming.

Played there against Newcastle earlier. Did ok.
    Worth the risk to get Robbie and Aki in the centre.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There's gonna be tries, that's for sure.

Slightly worried about the lack of cover for 10 but I assume Conor McKeon travelled as a spare.

Can someone edit some tables into the OP please.

Also, I would love in Billysaysno wrote a bit of a preview for us. Any chance we can bully him into doing up the post a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭b.gud

Robbo wrote: »
    Linley McKenzie in the Advertiser reckons we're looking at a Bundee/Henshaw centre pairing.

13KItmwXE01oZy.gif

Good to see this gif being used, hopefully we'll get plenty more use of it this season :)

For those asking about the game remember that it's on BT espn as opposed to BT 1 or 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭leinstertalk

No James Hart again, the hype behind him was some joke.

Loving the nominated hashtag for our travelling fans on this.

#WeekendAtBernies

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No James Hart again, the hype behind him was some joke.

Racing don't think so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭leinstertalk

Racing don't think so.

i won't hold my breath waiting for him to actually play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

Table for those who are into that sort of thing.

150px-Connacht_badge.png|79.png
    Connacht|Grenoble
    15: Healy|15: Aplon
    14: Adeolokun|14: Nemani
    13: Henshaw|13: Farrell
    12: Aki|12: Hunt
    11: Poolman|11: Dupont
    10: O'Leary|10: Wisniewski
    9: Marmion|9: McLedd
    |
    1: Buckley|1: Taumalolo
    2: McCartney|2: Jammes
    3: Bealham|3: Edwards
    4: Dillane|4: Hand
    5: Browne|5: Kimlin
    6: O'Brien|6: Setephano
    7: McKeon|7: Diaby
    8: Muldoon|8: Grice
    |
    16: Heffernan|16: Mas
    17: Loughney|17: Barcella
    18: JP Cooney|18: De Klerk
    19: Roux|19: Marie
    20: Connolly|20: Alexander
    21: John Cooney |21: Saseras
    22: Robb |22: Estebanez
    23: Carr|23: Gengenbacher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

Is Muldowney injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭b.gud

typhoony wrote: »
    Is Muldowney injured?

He's not on the injured list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Can someone edit some tables into the OP please.

Also, I would love in Billysaysno wrote a bit of a preview for us. Any chance we can bully him into doing up the post a bit?
    Sorry Emmet. Too busy working on the outcome of my conspiracy theory at the moment ☺

Racing don't think so.

??? Has he signed for Racing or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

??? Has he signed for Racing or something?

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

For all the injuries I think this is a great team. Maybe matt at full back might be not what would be expected, would have liked McKeown on the bench. Just reading the selection I would say defensively strong and Connacht are not going to mess with the Grenoble idea of scoring from everywhere. So I would say Connacht will be tighter in this game. They know Grenoble will come at them. Aki and henshaw are in place to nullify that. And then poolman and niyi are there to counter. So an intelligent selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

Marmion to score a try anytime 5/1 seems good value, i'm expecting quite a few tries tomorrow. excited now

Hope Matt does OK at 15, but I love the midfield! Really loking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

Yeah finally the Akishaw pairing! Can't wait to see this from the stand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

For all the injuries I think this is a great team. Maybe matt at full back might be not what would be expected, would have liked McKeown on the bench. Just reading the selection I would say defensively strong and Connacht are not going to mess with the Grenoble idea of scoring from everywhere. So I would say Connacht will be tighter in this game. They know Grenoble will come at them. Aki and henshaw are in place to nullify that. And then poolman and niyi are there to counter. So an intelligent selection.
    A true Connacht supporter would know how to spell their player's names. Shame on you Billy. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Not on Sky?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement