Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's for Women insurance.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Cienciano wrote: »
    I don't believe you're a man OP because anyone that's bothered shít like this must have a vagina

And be on their period!

Yea, nothing like a bit of casual sexism huh...

smash wrote: »
    You have to be a full time mad bastard to get insurance with them!

It's good for the bants.

I always feel it should be capitalised.

The Bants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

And be on their period!

It's a joke, don't get your panties in a twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

lol5605 wrote: »

I presume there is a 20% loading on the premium simply because you were drawn to the name and rang them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭political analyst

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Grey hair is though.
    KungPao wrote: »
    Just for men is hair dye. Nowt to do with baldness.
    Hair dye won't do much for baldness tbh. You could... paint your scalp with it I suppose? That might look a bit weird though.

Apologies.

I remember the Just for Men ad. I just didn't remember correctly what Just for Men is.

In fairness, unlike the ad for It's for Women, the Just for Men ads weren't "in your face".

• Advertisement

now what really annoys me is that gob****e that runs the quote devil ads!!!

some eejit smashes his car blind drunk into a woman and child and gets banned for 3 years. Then this dickhead comes along and says, ah here' I'll insure ya!!

Hey knobhead, the others wont insure him for a reason!!

and there's cases where this has happened the these lads have reoffended!!!
    all while Mr selling houses in the Boom for 300% profit is telling you he'll get you into your sports car!!

;)

Candie wrote: »
    It's good for the bants.

I always feel it should be capitalised.

The Bants.
    You get a free can of lynx and a disc holder with a girl in a bikini printed on it when you get your disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

'4thelads.ie' clearly aren't fooling anyone with their marketing effort since no one seems to know who they are, unlike 'its4women' since they're supposedly based on the similar criteria and premiums. Its4women must have done something right since you can't help falling over their ads everywhere. That, or they're just throwing their money away on advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

Those damn feminists! They'll be protesting Just for Men hair colouring next.

On a side note, studied English Lit at uni, one of the 'I'm for equal rights for men' brigade emailed (brave lad) the department demanding to know why there was a women's lit course but not a men's lit.

Long story short, the head of department read the email to the entire assembled year before pointing out that there was a men's lit course available at the uni, and it was called English Lit.

He wasn't quite so loud from then on.

rsh118 wrote: »
    Those damn feminists! They'll be protesting Just for Men hair colouring next.

On a side note, studied English Lit at uni, one of the 'I'm for equal rights for men' brigade emailed (brave lad) the department demanding to know why there was a women's lit course but not a men's lit.

Long story short, the head of department read the email to the entire assembled year before pointing out that there was a men's lit course available at the uni, and it was called English Lit.

He wasn't quite so loud from then on.
    So what's the difference between women's lit and English lit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's similar to the relationship between equality and feminism.

The difference is that you can study men's lit by taking any course you want. If you have a special interest in women's lit you'd either need to take 9 courses covering one woman each, or just take the handy pre-packaged one.

English Literature is by nature largely the study of dead white men and their writings.

The difference is that you can study men's lit by taking any course you want. If you have a special interest in women's lit you'd either need to take 9 courses covering one woman each, or just take the handy pre-packaged one.

English Literature is by nature largely the study of dead white men and their writings.
    Aw man, to be honest both courses seem like a waste of time to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

In a world of gender fluidity, I don't even believe in women.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You have to say that with mr movie narrator's voice

IN A WORRRRRLD

How's your ladyboy working out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

How's your ladyboy working out for you?

"There are no chicks with dicks, only guys with tits"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Seriously?!

Yeah! It was like 70 euro something cheaper than 25plus.

"There are no chicks with dicks, only guys with tits"
    I only said that on another thread a few weeks ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The gender of the author means nothing to me. Completely irrelevant. It's an insult to female authors to segregate them like this. Universities giving such courses should hang their heads in shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I was with them for about 5 years. Omg they were terrible when I actually needed something. I have a 7 seater and to insure for a replacement vehicle of similar size was x amount more .. until I needed it and then I couldn't have it for more than a day, I couldn't transfer my insurance to any hire/garage vehicle without a E65 charge, they charged for administration that I was doing online.. good mother of fcuk, I got a proper policy for E80 more but far more grown up to deal with.. they just think women are thick and won't check the small print ( I didn't ) but for all you save initially.. it's 4 eejits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

He drives... she dies...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

That's a clever way around it.

I'm impressed and slightly miffed at the same time.

Feels like when you get outmaneuvered by someone who is better at football.

You have to hand it to these insurance companies, in a way.

Pricks.

That's a clever way around it.

I'm impressed and slightly miffed at the same time.

Feels like when you get outmaneuvered by someone who is better at football.

You have to hand it to these insurance companies, in a way.

Pricks.
    Unless you're a race driver for a living I fail to see how your occupation comes in to play with a car insurance policy. Those who drive more such as sales reps are covered by the annual mileage allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Unless you're a race driver for a living I fail to see how your occupation comes in to play with a car insurance policy. Those who drive more such as sales reps are covered by the annual mileage allowance.

Well, if you are an actor or a musician, your insurance used to be loaded, if I remember correctly.

I think that this was due to the risk of people in these jobs working late at night with an increased risk of accident driving home due to tiredness, reduced visibility and/or a few scoops after the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

And be on their period!

Not if it makes money apparently.

Aw man, to be honest both courses seem like a waste of time to me.

That's where we'll have to diverge I'm afraid.

I like the whole knowledge thing and sharing it things. Seems like something which has done good for civilization. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

It's still true I'm afraid, just the nature of the way things are that there are more men in the canon than women and a lot more dead white dudes than any other group.

Mainly by virtue of the fact that they got the education and therefore did a lot of the writing once they were finished with theological arguments in the Middle Ages.

That said, women produced a lot of the first noteworthy novels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement