Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's for Women insurance.

Options
  • 07-04-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭

Why was It's for Women online insurance launched?

Is there any evidence that women are not being served well by established insurance companies?

Honestly, I'm fed up of those It's for Women ads. After all, there'd be uproar if there was an insurance business called "It's for Men".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Why was It's for Women online insurance launched?

Is there any evidence that women are not being served well by established insurance companies?

Honestly, I'm fed up of those It's for Women ads. After all, there'd be uproar if there was an insurance business called "It's for Men".

I agree fully,

If we had a "its for men" it would be sexist, if we had a "its for Irish only" it would be racist, if we had a "its for people between 30-50" it would be ageist

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's only sexism when it benefits men, silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

allibastor wrote: »
    I agree fully,

If we had a "its for men" it would be sexist, if we had a "its for Irish only" it would be racist, if we had a "its for people between 30-50" it would be ageist

It's for women also own 25plus btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's for women also own 25plus btw!
    Which is actually AIG.

They can't refuse men, they just tell them "We're actually AIG so go over here for a quote."

They insure men too. They can't even make their minds up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

http://www.platform505.com/wp-content/uploads/Image-credit-to-Ann-Larie-Valentine_edited-1.jpg

(Not that I don't think the It's For Women insurance is a bit odd, but hey, these guys got away with it for years)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

How 'bout that Just For Men hair dye, Joe. I'm outraged by branding.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

They insure men too. They can't even make their minds up.

If only they had someone strong with worldly knowledge to guide them through all the confusion and to make their decisions for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

It's kinda genius though. They can't discriminate based on gender anymore, but they can start a company called "its for women" in the hopes that men might be less likely to look for quotes from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Remember that extremely patronising advert for Irish women insurance that came out about 2 years ago?

Was always part of the cinema adverts and it used to royally piss herself off :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Mod-Post removed. User banned

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just got a quote. Wasn't that bad actually. Testicles weren't covered under personal injury, so I'm going to have to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

When you drop that beat and the crowd go wild... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I'm a guy, and I'm insured with them :p:p

They were the cheapest by far! even cheaper than 25plus and they are the same company :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭political analyst

How 'bout that Just For Men hair dye, Joe. I'm outraged by branding.

There is a difference: generally, baldness is not a problem that women have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭political analyst

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    I'm a guy, and I'm insured with them :p:p
    Seriously?!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,442 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Grey hair is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Just for men is hair dye. Nowt to do with baldness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Hair dye won't do much for baldness tbh. You could... paint your scalp with it I suppose? That might look a bit weird though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I thought premiums were to be equalised after that European ruling last year

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The ad for it was the most annoying one I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

lol5605 wrote: »

So...there's also an insurance brand that targets 'The Lads'?

So am I annoyed at sexist male targeted insurance or sexist female targeted insurance, or can I safely ignore the existence of either/both?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,589 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I always like it when the 'can you imagine the outrage if there was the men-only equivalent' line comes up and then it turns out that it already exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Candie wrote: »
    So...there's also an insurance brand that targets 'The Lads'?

So am I annoyed at sexist male targeted insurance or sexist female targeted insurance, or can I safely ignore the existence of either/both?

You have to be a full time mad bastard to get insurance with them!

osarusan wrote: »
    I always like it when the 'can you imagine the outrage if there was the men-only equivalent' line comes up and then it turns out that it already exists.

It's only sexist if it benefits men!

4thelads.ie

Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I don't believe you're a man OP because anyone that's bothered shít like this must have a vagina

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Candie wrote: »
    It's only sexist if it benefits men!

4thlads.ie

Oops.
    Scarleh

Advertisement