Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty blogger rants - no names - only established users

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

I don't know this person and I don't follow those blogs anyway, but...

Snapchatting during a panic attack is akin to snapchatting during a heart attack where you're convinced you'll be dead in a few moments.

I just read the article she wrote, it was an article and not a video like I previously mentioned. I found it interesting. Maybe the panic attack has subsided a bit when she snapchatted. Who knows and to be honest who cares. I suffer from anxiety and I can relate to her so I think she is raising awareness.

anna080 wrote: »
    But she was snapchatting her nails being done before and after the attack and taking selfies. It was only when she got home she said she had a panic attack before getting her nails done. Unless you've had one you won't understand, that's not how anyone conducts themselves before, during or after an attack. Selfies and getting my nails done are the last things on my mind. I'm not saying her reaction wasn't extreme enough, I don't want to see her panic attack. My point is her conduct was bizzare.

Everyone conducts themselves in different ways. I just struggle to see that someone with anxiety would trivialise someone else's experience because it doesn't match with their own. You can't run away from every situation due to anxiety. Sometimes you just have to face and ride it like she did. It's one of the ways in which you overcome anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Everyone conducts themselves in different ways. I just struggle to see that someone with anxiety would trivialise someone else's experience because it doesn't match with their own. You can't run away from every situation due to anxiety. Sometimes you just have to face and ride it like she did. It's one of the ways in which you overcome anxiety.

Face it and ride, yes; snapchat and selfie, no.

Anyone who snapchats and selfies is not having a panic attack. They may be feeling overwhelmed or have a bit of mind fog or just feel nervous, but it is not an anxiety induced panic attack, and I'll defend my point to the last on that.
    Couple that with her saying "I fought through it and managed to get my nails done". Please, that sentence is just so insulting to anxiety sufferers on so many levels.

Face it and ride, yes; snapchat and selfie, no.

Anyone who snapchats and selfies is not having a panic attack. They may be feeling overwhelmed or have a bit of mind fog or just feel nervous, but it is not an anxiety induced panic attack, and I'll defend my point to the last on that.
    Couple that with her saying "I fought through it and managed to get my nails done". Please, that sentence is just so insulting to anxiety sufferers on so many levels.

So maybe she was having anxiety but not a full blown anxiety attack. Defend away but who is the winner here. Neither are pleasant experiences.

Sometimes it is the small victories in life.

So maybe she was having anxiety but not a full blown anxiety attack. Defend away but who is the winner here. Neither are pleasant experiences.

Sometimes it is the small victories in life.

Have you even seen the snapchat I'm referring to?

• Advertisement

Have you even seen the snapchat I'm referring to?

No i don't have it

No i don't have it

Ya. Signs is by.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Did she actually say she had a panic attack though? I have no problem with someone correcting me on this and I'm not sticking up for her cos I'm not fond of how she conducts herself either but I did see those snaps and I only remember her saying she felt anxious and a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cookiesmuggler

i dnt know if we are on about the same one but there is one snapchat blogger who does this also! She moans and groans about how depressed she is in one snap with no make up on . She goes on and on then about her mental illness but on her next snap then shes full of beans , face full of makeup and raving about some products shes been sent! noone with a mental illness videos themselves to show the world how depressed they are ! i myself think its all a farce , just to get some recognition from groups /charitites who support mental illness. NOT for anyone elses benefit but for her own, to make her more popular and to try and become like the face of that charity or what ever. Its just to spread herself that bit more to become more famous!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Why is it that the top three bloggers in Ireland don't seem to get along or support each other? I'm not saying they're nasty to one another; it's more that they act like the other doesn't exist.. The top ones here would be the two brunettes and one blonde, but I've never seen any of them even acknowledge the others existence!
    It seems to be very different from the UK, they all, for the most part, seem to get along great over there and seem to be genuinely supportive and happy for one another.. Maybe because it's a smaller market here so more competition? Hmm. Just something I've observed anyway.

They seem to be all chummy today! Off to an event in the UK. I suppose they have to smile for the cameras when a company is paying for you to fly over to a product launch. What's the story with one of them always having their partner attached to her Hip. Can she not go anywhere alone?! It's bizarre, a bunch of girls going to an event and he tags along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Hi all, I'm new here. Love reading these posts about bloggers. I only recently started following a few (in the last year or so). My friend loves them so asked me to fork out 75 euro to go to a workshop, not for me though. A goody bag with some toothpaste and facial wipes supposedly worth 50 euro and I wouldn't be the type to spend an hour painting my face with 7 different eyeshadows.
    The original rant was very bad though. Like any of you that commented here, I also went over to IG to see what the story was, so it only made it worse.

scarbouro wrote: »
    They seem to be all chummy today! Off to an event in the UK. I suppose they have to smile for the cameras when a company is paying for you to fly over to a product launch. What's the story with one of them always having their partner attached to her Hip. Can she not go anywhere alone?! It's bizarre, a bunch of girls going to an event and he tags along.

I know, how is he not mortified? He is literally following her around with a camera; it's bizzare. I'm embarrassed on his behalf.

I noticed that too. I think he's her secretary and he drives her around. imagine being with your partner all day every day, I'd hate it.
    She seems like the type that can't go anywhere alone and probably doesn't mix with the other girls.

Stop you have to laugh at their snaps you'd swear some of them were never in a shop in London before. Also, why does a certain blogger always sell her clothes on depop after only one wear?!? Bizzare

• Registered Users Posts: 40 crabbysamwich

I'm new here but have been lurking :)

I have to say I've noticed a new trend of snapchatters preemptively telling followers off, for example saying in a stern voice not to ask them where they got something as they're showing it, or to Google something if you want to know, don't ask them. I just find this so rude and unprofessional. It's like 'follow me and listen to what I want to talk about but for my benefit not yours'. If you don't want the social interaction between followers then why do it at all? Surely it's annoying getting a heap of the same question but I can't imagine a situation where it would be appropriate to speak to another like that... Except maybe a teacher talking to kids in a classroom. I just think its nice to be nice. I've unfollowed the majority of Irish snapchatters, beauty/bloggers now for this kind of thing which is sad.

Still loving <snip> though, they do seem so lovely.

I'm new here but have been lurking :)

I have to say I've noticed a new trend of Snapchatters preemptively telling followers off, for example saying in a stern voice not to ask them where they got something as they're showing it, or to Google something if you want to know, don't ask them. I just find this so rude and unprofessional. It's like 'follow me and listen to what I want to talk about but for my benefit not yours'. If you don't want the social interaction between followers then why do it at all? Surely it's annoying getting a heap of the same question but I can't imagine a situation where it would be appropriate to speak to another like that... Accept maybe a teacher talking to kids in a classroom. I just think its nice to be nice. I've unfollowed the majority of Irish snapchatters, beauty/bloggers now for this kind of thing which is sad.

Still loving <snip> though, they do seem so lovely.

I remember asking <snip> a question about something similar to a post she had written. She responded very quickly and said while she didn't know the info, she pointed me in the direction to get the information. I thought it was so nice of her.

One of things I like about bloggers is they provide the info in one place so it saves me from lots of googling. For example one blogger does a segment on sandals. She lists the sandals available in different shops, this saves me from having to search each website and gives me a better idea of what out there in the one post.

I remember asking <snip> a question about something similar to a post she had written. She responded very quickly and said while she didn't know the info, she pointed me in the direction to get the information. I thought it was so nice of her.

One of things I like about bloggers is they provide the info in one place so it saves me from lots of googling. For example one blogger does a segment on sandals. She lists the sandals available in different shops, this saves me from having to search each website and gives me a better idea of what out there in the one post.

Yes I meant to include <snip> actually aswell, she is fab. I've only started getting into bloggers and snapchat recently, I have found it helpful in term of getting some feedback on skin care, make up etc. <snip> are probably the only ones I properly follow at the moment, can you recommend any?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 KaylaK369

Agree with a lot being said. Anyone see the snapchat of two thousand Euro notes a Cork blogger accidentally put on her story this evening stating it was given to her for "picking out shoes" haha?

KaylaK369 wrote: »
    Agree with a lot being said. Anyone see the snapchat of two thousand Euro notes a Cork blogger accidentally put on her story this evening stating it was given to her for "picking out shoes" haha?

No. That's gas. Has she said anything about since?

No but very silly imo. You might be attracting unwanted visitors to your home.

• Advertisement

That has crossed my mind when watching snap chat. Even posting things like Mac books etc, makes me anxious just thinking about showing so many valuables to thousands of followers!!

No. That's gas. Has she said anything about since?

Yeah, she implied that her MAC colleague posted it on her phone as a 'frape' type of thing... because I'm sure she took two grand out of the till for the great laugh that would be posting that snap on the blogger's phone...

That has crossed my mind when watching snap chat. Even posting things like Mac books etc, makes me anxious just thinking about showing so many valuables to thousands of followers!!

It crossed my mind too! She deleted it within one minute but I got a screenshot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please refrain from naming bloggers - either for praise or for critique. Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BasicBetty

Yeah, she implied that her MAC colleague posted it on her phone as a 'frape' type of thing... because I'm sure she took two grand out of the till for the great laugh that would be posting that snap on the blogger's phone...

As if anyone would believe that. She must have a much nastier personality thank you'd believe from her snaps.

The basic rule is if anyone has made a career out of blogging, avoid them. I find them extremely self-absorbed and have never seen such levels of vanity! I follow them not for any advice/recommendations but purely for entertainment purposes, like today or yesterday one of a bikini snapchat, it seems to say "look at how good my boobs look in this bikini" rather than info about the actual thing itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

I seen this snap too! I Couldn't believe she posted it and I even went back to have another look at it but it was deleted. 2k to show up for an hours work. Ridiculous amount of money but the shops are even bigger fools for paying them that much.

Why are bloggers acting like we have never heard of Sally Hansen tan before? That thing has been around for donkeys. I smell the smelly smell of something that smells...paid promotioney

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I think Sally Hansen has been "reformulated"

• Advertisement

I don't mind Sally Hansen, its grand and we're all well aware of it.
    But watching snapchat this morning where a blogger was raving about it and doing a before/after, she just looked pure orange. I was thinking, you can't think that looks good!?
    But i imagine once the obligatory praise is out of the way, it'll never be seen again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement