Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty blogger rants - no names - only established users

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This thread has spoken about the majority of bloggers to be fair. Ibiza just seems to be topical at the moment, it'll be someone else next week; that's just how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

anna080 wrote:
    This thread has spoken about the majority of bloggers to be fair. Ibiza just seems to be topical at the moment, it'll be someone else next week; that's just how it works.

Yep. This thread hasn't turned into the discussion I'd hope it would have been, but I like what we're able to do here.

It started out with one it tends to cycle. Ibiza just seems to be focused on atm because well... She's just being so ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

There's 60 pages on this thread and there has been a wide selection of bloggers discussed, male and female. As Anna has mentioned, it just seems to be the Ibiza blogger of late but that's down to what she herself has being doing in the world of blogging. People aren't agreeing with it and it's being discussed. I don't agree with being nasty about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

@pcangel
    I'm not sure to be honest, Someone on my facebook put it up. Being poir and not mad into make up, I've never owned any Mac but a lot of my friends rave about this velvet teddy and I'm sick of wearing reds so might pop in to see what looks similar.

I was about to say I love the cruise snaps from a Dublin blogger. Most of it looks good til I saw the pool today, packed with a lot of kids around. Not my scene but probably a fun experience anyway. Her mum is so gorge too.

I'm enjoying the cruise snaps too. She also grated on me a while back but she seems to have matured a bit. Dressing a lot more classy these days and acting her age. I love cruises so it's great to see around the new RC ship. We are thinking of doing it next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Aw man, my heart hurt for her reading that she looked hideous. I personally wouldn't be a fan of the cosmetic enhancements she's made, or her attire on a Saturday night but I don't think she could be (or should be) described as hideous.

She's clearly an insecure girl, and tbh this threads getting a bit too much for me. It's basically an entire thread critising every single thing she does and im not comfortable taking part in bitching about one particular blogger relentlessly.

And I'm not even a fan of hers, I just think the threads a bit out of hand.

I'm glad someone else thinks this. This thread has turned in to a petty bitchfest about her. At the risk of sounding like a blogger, people are actually starting to sound jealous and obsessed with her. Everything she does is dissected on this thread. Where do people even get the time to race on here as soon as she has posted something?! If she's not your cup of tea, you should really think about unfollowing her. All this negativity that is being harboured is so unhealthy. There are so much more important things in life you could be spending your time on besides obsessing over this blogger. Live and let live.

I'm not being smart but this thread is called beauty blogger rants for a reason. We are discussing bloggers. As already mentioned, one blogger in particular is the topic of conversation at the moment. Speaking for myself here but there isn't one inch of that girls life I'm jealous of! How you could be jealous of a person like that is beyond me.

scarbouro wrote: »
    I'm not being smart but this thread is called beauty blogger rants for a reason. We are discussing bloggers. As already mentioned, one blogger in particular is the topic of conversation at the moment. Speaking for myself here but there isn't one inch of that girls life I'm jealous of! How you could be jealous of a person like that is beyond me.

It's not really discussing, it's just ripping her to shreds. Everyday. It's v juvenile, playground type stuff and nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm not being smart either and I personally can't stand most bloggers but there's something quite sad about needing to come onto a public forum and ridicule someone who is not here to defend themselves from everything from how she used to be fat, to how she's now a size ten, mocking her snapchats, name calling her over her outfits. We are grown adults. We sound absolutely pathetic. I originally posted a rant a few weeks ago about being offended about something another blogger had snapped, inferring people with psoriasis were inbred. That blogger was here to defend herself and pretty much everyone jumped upon my rant and told me I was too sensitive, it was tongue in cheek, she's amazing because she keeps it real, though if I remember correctly that blogger initially joined this site to defend herself from being torn asunder on another blogger thread but because she's now here to defend herself, or hold herself accountable to us all, somehow she's not to be ranted about?

It's pages upon pages upon pages upon pages about miss Ibiza. She's mocked about everything. Her living arangements, her idea of a perfect life, her even going horse riding ffs. Do you know how pathetic it is to read?? I feel like I'm back at school sitting with a bunch of mean girls picking on the weakest link when they're not there to defend themselves.

Would you like to be the focus of such a nasty thread? I mean we had one poster describe her as "hideous looking". Are you for real? It's as clear as day she has self confidence issues, we're all pretty sure she looks at this thread, and the only thing "hideous" that I can see are nasty girls hiding behind a screen name posting about a blogger that is not asking them to follow her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I'm not being smart either and I personally can't stand most bloggers but there's something quite sad about needing to come onto a public forum and ridicule someone who is not here to defend themselves from everything from how she used to be fat, to how she's now a size ten, mocking her snapchats, name calling her over her outfits. We are grown adults. We sound absolutely pathetic. I originally posted a rant a few weeks ago about being offended about something another blogger had snapped, inferring people with psoriasis were inbred. That blogger was here to defend herself and pretty much everyone jumped upon my rant and told me I was too sensitive, it was tongue in cheek, she's amazing because she keeps it real, though if I remember correctly that blogger initially joined this site to defend herself from being torn asunder on another blogger thread but because she's now here to defend herself, or hold herself accountable to us all, somehow she's not to be ranted about?

It's pages upon pages upon pages upon pages about miss Ibiza. She's mocked about everything. Her living arangements, her idea of a perfect life, her even going horse riding ffs. Do you know how pathetic it is to read?? I feel like I'm back at school sitting with a bunch of mean girls picking on the weakest link when they're not there to defend themselves.

Would you like to be the focus of such a nasty thread? I mean we had one poster describe her as "hideous looking". Are you for real? It's as clear as day she has self confidence issues, we're all pretty sure she looks at this thread, and the only thing "hideous" that I can see are nasty girls hiding behind a screen name posting about a blogger that is not asking them to follow her.

To be fair, she's well able to stand up for herself if she is reading things here.
    In the profession she is in, a tough skin is required. I'm not saying nasty comments are nice, or even necessary, but it is a beauty blogger rant thread......
    The moderators may have stepped in if they felt the comments were out of line.
    One poster described her as hideous and explained subsequently that maybe wasn't the right word. I'd have no issue with describing that particular outfit as hideous though??
    I don't think anyone is 'rushing' here to mock her or slag her personally; she just happens to be the topic of discussion at the moment because of content posted on her social networks.

If we can only say decent things about the bloggers, then the thread title may need to be changed......

• Advertisement

To be fair, she's well able to stand up for herself if she is reading things here.
    In the profession she is in, a tough skin is required. I'm not saying nasty comments are nice, or even necessary, but it is a beauty blogger rant thread......
    The moderators may have stepped in if they felt the comments were out of line.
    One poster described her as hideous and explained subsequently that maybe wasn't the right word. I'd have no issue with describing that particular outfit as hideous though??
    I don't think anyone is 'rushing' here to mock her or slag her personally; she just happens to be the topic of discussion at the moment because of content posted on her social networks.

If we can only say decent things about the bloggers, then the thread title may need to be changed......

This thread makes me embarrassed to be a fellow woman.

Ask yourself if you would say the kind of things that are being said on this thread in front of your friends and work colleagues and not be afraid of what they would think of you?

People can discuss elements of blogs they like or dislike without resorting to bullying, which is effectively what this is. You can dress it up by hiding behind the name of the thread but that doesn't make it right or decent.

This thread makes me embarrassed to be a fellow woman.

Ask yourself if you would say the kind of things that are being said on this thread in front of your friends and work colleagues and not be afraid of what they would think of you?

People can discuss elements of blogs they like or dislike without resorting to bullying, which is effectively what this is. You can dress it up by hiding behind the name of the thread but that doesn't make it right or decent.

I don't think I personally have anything to be embarrassed about by what I've written.

I am simply responding to the comments made by yourself & another poster.

I hope you've reported the posts you feel are 'bullying'.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I think bullying is a bit much now. I admit I've gone off this thread a bit because it was very repetitive and sometimes is a bit catty but if these comments were also written by the same people on these bloggers' grams or whatever they call it, it would be bullying.
    This isn't.

I don't think I personally have anything to be embarrassed about by what I've written.

I am simply responding to the comments made by yourself & another poster.

I hope you've reported the posts you feel are 'bullying'.

I'm not getting in to a petty online scrap. If you can stand behind your comments with your head held high, good for you. I hope others can do the same. I'm not a fan of most of the Irish bloggers but at least they are doing something more with their time than anonymously scouring social media for things to "rant" about on an online thread.

I'm not getting in to a petty online scrap. If you can stand behind your comments with your head held high, good for you. I hope others can do the same. I'm not a fan of most of the Irish bloggers but at least they are doing something more with their time than anonymously scouring social media for things to "rant" about on an online thread.

I don't think those comments are necessary and find them a bit personal. I've no more to say on this matter. We'll have to agree to disagree!

Let's get back to ranting about beauty bloggers! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

scarbouro wrote:

Hi scar, when I originally made this thread the rant wasn't from me, I was discussing one a blogger made. This wasn't intended to be a bitching thread

I don't think those comments are necessary and find them a bit personal. I've no more to say on this matter. We'll have to agree to disagree!

Let's get back to ranting about beauty bloggers! ;)

If you think those comments are unnecessary and a bit personal, how can you defend the comments made about blogger in question? Her being a blogger is no excuse for it, she is also a person. This thread is like a blood sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

That escalated quickly.

Ah here I won't be called a bully now that's just going too far. If the worst this blogger has to hear about herself is that her outfit was awful last Saturday night then she's not doing too badly. We all said she has a fabulous figure, very womanly and she works hard for it, she just can't dress for toffee, and I won't be called a bully for stating that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

If you think those comments are unnecessary and a bit personal, how can you defend the comments made about blogger in question? Her being a blogger is no excuse for it, she is also a person. This thread is like a blood sport.

Oh dismount your high horse for God's sake.

I don't recall electing anyone as a collective conscience here. You started off with a reasonably valid point but now you're just being patronising.

For what it's worth I removed my post about the blogger looking like a traveller in that floral outfit before all of this nonsense. We're not all bitchfaces. I have my own conscience thanks.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Ah here I won't be called a bully now that's just going too far. If the worst this blogger has to hear about herself is that her outfit was awful last Saturday night then she's not doing too badly. We all said she has a fabulous figure, very womanly and she works hard for it, she just can't dress for toffee, and I won't be called a bully for stating that.

In the real world (where we all and blogger actually live!) the comments in thread would be considered bullying. But it seems to be ok because it's on the internet. Even though it has been raised earlier in the thread that it's likely that she reads this blog. It's continuously being said that she has to take it as that's the job she's in while ignoring that comments such as as the ones on this thread would be considered bullying in any workplace in the country. If you think the comments are fair then so be it, we'll have to agree to disagree cos I think they sound spiteful and childish. If she thinks her boobs look good in that top, good for her. She's not hurting anyone. How can one outfit be the source of so much venom in others, just from looking at it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I just wonder if said blogger chose one of our usernames, read back through our posts where we discussed personal info about ourselves or shared our photo, and used our screen name to discuss and ridicule us on her social media - would that be okay?

In the real world (where we all and blogger actually live!) the comments in thread would be considered bullying. But it seems to be ok because it's on the internet. Even though it has been raised earlier in the thread that it's likely that she reads this blog. It's continuously being said that she has to take it as that's the job she's in while ignoring that comments such as as the ones on this thread would be considered bullying in any workplace in the country. If you think the comments are fair then so be it, we'll have to agree to disagree cos I think they sound spiteful and childish. If she thinks her boobs look good in that top, good for her. She's not hurting anyone. How can one outfit be the source of so much venom in others, just from looking at it?!

She's a beauty blogger, so any comments or criticism is going to be image and beauty focused. The compliments she recieves are image related and so too is the criticism. You're right, criticism about my appearance would be out of order in my workplace, but then again so would compliments about my appearance, because I work in an office and it would be unprofessional to comment on my appearance in any way at all. But SHE puts herself out there and wants to be commented on, she has a comments section under a picture of herself half naked; but god forbid if anyone says anything less than complimentary or we are bullies.

Oh dismount your high horse for God's sake.

I don't recall electing anyone as a collective conscience here. You started off with a reasonably valid point but now you're just being patronising.

For what it's worth I removed my post about the blogger looking like a traveller in that floral outfit before all of this nonsense. We're not all bitchfaces. I have my own conscience thanks.

Bitch away if it make you happy. Or just get you own life instead of bitching about her's. But I guess that's too much effort.

Anonymous internet bitching is so much more fulfilling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Bitch away if it make you happy. Or just get you own life instead of bitching about her's. But I guess that's too much effort.

Anonymous internet bitching is so much more fulfilling.

You do see the irony in the above yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Locked for review

Ok so here it is - we have strayed far from what was the initial thread topic which was rants that bloggers do and their removal of unwelcome criticism.
    It has now kinda got to a discussion about bloggers themselves and attracted not only various re-regs but also not-so-nice comments between boardsies.

We'll leave this as it is and if anyone wants to start a new thread about a specific topic surrounding bloggers they may do so.
    I'm all for threads as long as it isn't a general gossip thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement