Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Abl evse programming

Options
  • 02-04-2016 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a link to the method , thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Found the manual on the evcc , anyone tried this yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mundogas

Yeah, I'll send you a PM.

Ta

You'll need the box to connect between the laptop and charge point.

I think it's more than just a serial to usb converter ?

You'll need the box to connect between the laptop and charge point.

I think it's more than just a serial to usb converter ?

No it's just USB to RS485 , which is a multidrop serial

• Advertisement

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/USB-to-RS485-USB-485-Converter-Adapter-Support-Win7-XP-Vista-Linux-Mac-OS-WinCE5-/291690934001?hash=item43ea226ef1:g:goMAAOSw54xUXotA

Cheap as chips , though I'll have to extract a GND connection as some rs485 have a few issues with floating grounds

You can also use a rs422 interface as long as there is only one EVCC on the network

I have a cable similar to this for programming my E-Bike controllers. Do you think this would work BoatMad ?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16707

I have a cable similar to this for programming my E-Bike controllers. Do you think this would work BoatMad ?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16707

No unfortunately not.

If you like I'll have my one reprogrammed this week and I can mail you my adapter for a lend

BoatMad wrote: »
    No unfortunately not.

If you like I'll have my one reprogrammed this week and I can mail you my adapter for a lend

Thanks, appreciate it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I did mine today. Pretty easy once the laptop recognised the cable and driver.
    Thanks for the files mundogas, saved a lot of digging about.

s.welstead wrote: »

My frigging RCBO was lost by the courier and I had to send my electrician away for a week while I shout at the supplier and the courier

stupid w&*kers

What USB to Rs 485 adapter did you use ?

Same one BoatMad had actually recommended, although ordered a while ago from a different seller. Probably goes without saying but I'd recommend turning off all power to the charger before starting as I needed to pull out a lot of things to get at the controller. It's slightly awkward to get in at without almost removing out the controller

Same one BoatMad had actually recommended, although ordered a while ago from a different seller. Probably goes without saying but I'd recommend turning off all power to the charger before starting as I needed to pull out a lot of things to get at the controller. It's slightly awkward to get in at without almost removing out the controller

I would recommend removing the controller and testing it independently that whats I did ( mind you I have a tech lab at my disposal !)

The unit is only IP44 rated and it shows once you open it up. There's not much protection there if you get a downpour and winds in the wrong direction. If I was to take some silicon to the joints do you think it would impact ventilation, does it need some level of cooling?

The unit is only IP44 rated and it shows once you open it up. There's not much protection there if you get a downpour and winds in the wrong direction. If I was to take some silicon to the joints do you think it would impact ventilation, does it need some level of cooling?

No , theres nothing high power in there and the only thing generating any heat at all is the contactor coil

however IPx4, is proof against non directed rain. for example the J1772 handle is only IPx4 as well.

unless its in a very exposed place , the current sealing is " adequate "

I think I'd feel better with some additional waterproofing. The chargemaster unit I have at my own house is IP54 rated, I think that's the minimum really these units should be.

I think I'd feel better with some additional waterproofing. The chargemaster unit I have at my own house is IP54 rated, I think that's the minimum really these units should be.

IP54 offer no greater protection from ingress of water over IP44, The first digit is object ingress and the second is water protection IP54 and 44 are the same as regards water access.

hi guys , mine came with a RJ11 connecter all ready wired to the EVCC

is it just the !n 12 command thats needed , theres a default current setting in the docs as well ?

• Advertisement

I used the EVCC software rather than commands. Switch it to manual mode and set the new Max rate and it accepts the changes.

note for MAC user if you use the cheapy RS485 with the CH340 chipset you need this driver

http://0xcf.com/2015/03/13/chinese-arduinos-with-ch340-ch341-serial-usb-chip-on-os-x-yosemite/

use cool term as a suitable freeware serial term, it will handle the weird USB serial name , so it works out of the box

baud rate 38400,n,8,1 with CRLF

module will respond with its firmware version on power up

mine came prewired for an RJ11 connector , I cut up an old router cable , you may have to buzz out which wires connect to what . you can ignore 'M" ( black wire)

I used the EVCC software rather than commands. Switch it to manual mode and set the new Max rate and it accepts the changes.

Im a mac user no windows for me

Ill bare bones it , Theres a !12 and a !15 , the !15 gives an error , but as you say I will try it in manual mode

did the leaf then report 6kw charging

of course , doh,, had to switch to manual mode, RTFM!!!!

ta for the pointer , Ill check the car this evening

mines up and running , other then my crappy clamp meter packing up on me

What's the cable config from this to the EVSE controller ?

What's the cable config from this to the EVSE controller ?

It's shown on the controller, A,B and M for ground

• Advertisement

I see A and B on the Rs 485 to USB, where does ground connect to ?

Advertisement