Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster vs Connacht, Friday 1st of April, KO 19:35, BBC NI & TG 4

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭neelia11

wp_rathead wrote: »
    What's your point? Connacht were missing a decent amount aswell
    Think Billy's point was it was strongest team Ulster could name with their injuries - and alot of their replacements were pretty damn handy established players

Edit: ah wait, I notice he said Ulster were full strength which they clearly weren't ... Feck this is what I get for trying to defend Billysays No..

the edit part is correct. ulster missing some pretty big players so nowhere near full strength. Ulsters problems when it was 15 v 13 was the replacement 9 who made the pass recipient a very easy target.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

neelia11 wrote: »
    the edit part is correct. ulster missing some pretty big players so nowhere near full strength. Ulsters problems when it was 15 v 13 was the replacement 9 who made the pass recipient a very easy target.

Exactly, for those last 10 minutes it wasn't even the best Ulster team available on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

What's your point? Connacht were missing a decent amount aswell
    Think Billy's point was it was strongest team Ulster could name with their injuries - and alot of their replacements were pretty damn handy established players

Surely the available team is the best any team could name.

Unless of course, while Ulster were down players and named their
    strongest available side, Connacht were down players and named their strongest available team this was somehow different..... Ahhh! Poor little Connacht. Diddums not play fair?

Using the criteria you ascribe to Billy's belief to Connacht, it was the strongest Connacht team full stop. What is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander..:D It wasn't his point at all. At best he was being disingenuous. He said in a number of posts that it was a "Full strength Ulster team" when it clearly is far from that. Still, I'm sure the result stands. So long as Connacht get a win next week and top the league I'll be happy if they field teams wearing Billy Say Whaaaa? shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Well,I'm convinced. Moral victory for Connacht. Someone contact the league and get them to alter the points totals accordingly.

Or medals. Maybe they should get medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

jacothelad wrote: »
    Surely the available team is the best any team could name.

Unless of course, while Ulster were down players and named their
    strongest available side, Connacht were down players and named their strongest available team this was somehow different..... Ahhh! Poor little Connacht. Diddums not play fair?

Using the criteria you ascribe to Billy's belief to Connacht, it was the strongest Connacht team full stop. What is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander..:D It wasn't his point at all. At best he was being disingenuous. He said in a number of posts that it was a "Full strength Ulster team" when it clearly is far from that. Still, I'm sure the result stands.
    lol okay, you missed my edit I'm assuming..

• Advertisement

lol okay, you missed my edit I'm assuming..
    I did. Was it your full strength edit?:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

jacothelad wrote: »
    I did. Was it your full strength edit?:D:D:D:D:D
    Let's put it this way I wouldn't defend billysaysno anyway. Utterly mental fecker. That's just my opinion.

Let's put it this way I wouldn't defend billysaysno anyway. Utterly mental fecker. That's just my opinion.

and almost universally held...:D:D:D

Advertisement