Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty 2016 : Infinite Warfare | Rumours & News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Its only speculation thats its been released on its own eventually.

True im wondering if its selling well or are people holding off to force the remaster on its own so they can make money off it

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Almost decided to get the game till I saw this. Would people agree?

The game is playing identically to how it used to play, it was always a more methodical shooter compared to later entries and I think that years of rubbish spawns and maps designed to channel you towards your opponents has made some people forget that Call of Duty used to play very differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

What are the sales like? Only interested in the remaster so am holding off. How long before its released on its own

Only data I've seen is from the UK and that sales of the game are down 50% from last year, revenue only down 25% due to Legacy Edition sales, also second biggest launch after Fifa!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Only data I've seen is from the UK and that sales of the game are down 50% from last year, revenue only down 25% due to Legacy Edition sales, also second biggest launch after Fifa!

I saw stats from states and the number of sales was down similar. Think it was down 43% on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭batman_oh

madcabbage wrote: »
    Ghosts is nowhere comparable to MW or the remastered version. It plays exactly the same as the original, nothing has been tweaked.

https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Modern-Warfare-Remastered-PS4/Game-is-unplayable-with-the-current-time-to-kill/td-p/10061645/page/2

I might have gone too far with the Ghosts comparison but the time to kill definitely doesn't feel the same. I ran an SMG mostly in the original and could win 2/3 free for all games. They are near impossible to use on most levels as the second anybody sees you they need one burst and you are dead.

As it says in the thread it's more like Hardcore than the original normal game. It could be due to improvements in hit detection or something but it's making it an assault rifle/sniper rifle and hide behind random scenery game rather than something where you had a choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

TTK is the exact same, hit detection has improved, but also the vast majority of people now have 80mb internet rather than 4mb as they did when the original came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Im still finding at times on MWR online that im unloading nearly half a mag if not more from the M4 or four sets of burst fire from the M16 and I might be lucky to get a kill. The MP5 is dire.

I checked my ping last night and it was only 7 so i know thats not the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Im still finding at times on MWR online that im unloading nearly half a mag if not more from the M4 or four sets of burst fire from the M16 and I might be lucky to get a kill. The MP5 is dire.

I checked my ping last night and it was only 7 so i know thats not the problem.

I've been that bad with my trusted assault rifle, That I'm now using one of the light machine guns.

It does make good reading that I'm not the only one unable to find any real consistency.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Charlie19 wrote: »
    It does make good reading that I'm not the only one unable to find any real consistency.:)

There very little consistently tbh. I had a few games earlier this afternoon and i didnt have this issue as I described above. Went of to play campaign, returned to online a couple of hours later and same again, just hit markers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone only getting to play about half of the maps in MWR?

Like I literally haven't even seen a good number of maps in the voting section in about 6 or 7 hours game time. Playing tdm, ffa, domination, kll confirmed.

Same 4 or 5 maps every time. The maps from the dlc are included....apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Anyone only getting to play about half of the maps in MWR?

Like I literally haven't even seen a good number of maps in the voting section in about 6 or 7 hours game time. Playing tdm, ffa, domination, kll confirmed.

Same 4 or 5 maps every time. The maps from the dlc are included....apparently.

Bit of googling and a good few maps won't be released until December. That's still 10 maps in the game and I've only ever seen about 5 of them.

Decided to give iw a try. Not enjoying it. Seems really laggy for me. Dying instantly even when get first shots on target. Kill cam looks nothing like what I see.

I've gone back to mwr after about 2 hours of IW as it is just causing me to rage. Nearly broke a controller earlier. Can't remember the last time I struggled this hard to even get a UAV.

Also they completely changed the salvage. I'm up to level 10 and have not got a single piece of salvage. At that rate I'll be prestige 10 before I am able to get the weapons I want from the armoury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

Have my sons copy for the PS4 til the weekend.

IW online sucks donkey balls....no reason to play it when its up against BF1,Overwatch and (ironically) MWR.

MWR looks nice and plays the exact same as the original.Having said that it's plagued by campers , not sure if they are noobs and dont know the maps or are part of the large contingent of ar$eholes that make up the COD community.It's only going to get worse once the muppets unlock claymores. Also we cant all be fecking snipers :)

I still wouldn't pay for it. I still regularly play the original on PC and even then I doubt I'll get MWR if/when it gets released on its own. I'll put up with outdated graphics and keep the dedicated servers and custom/free remakes of classic maps thank you very much Activision.

I have never been bothered with SP so cant comment on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Surprised at the lack of claymores.

So I decided to give IW another chance the last 2 nights. My opinion has not changed.

Bullsh1t deaths. OP weapon variants. Was getting destroyed in a game of Dom until I picked up one of the enemies weapons. Went on a 10 kill streak and got all my streaks. Died and couldn't win a gun fight against them. Think it was Mactav 45 Variant.

Don't know if it is lag comp, poor net code, bad geolocation/matchmaking selection but this game is making me rage at the amount of deaths where I shoot first get hitmarkers and then die instantly. Kill cam looks completely different. From watching YouTube looks like it is happening to everyone pros included.

One game I'll absolutely destroy the other team and then in same lobby I might as well be using a water pistol.

Think I will leave it until the next major patch and give it a try after that. Was so bad last night I went back to blops 3 and mwr. Don't seem to lag as much in mwr. Only very occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

Received Infinite Warfare legacy edition as a gift and fired it up on my pro to see how it would look. I have to see it's a lot better than i thought reading reviews etc.

Graphically on the pro it looks amazing although i'm only 3 acts in. I haven't played multiplayer at all so i'm only talking about the campaign here but presentation wise its top notch.

Dying to start Modern Warfare again i didnt actually know about having to have the disk in while playing. Very clever of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

jones wrote: »
    Very clever of them
    It is fairness.

Most people buy CoD for the MP...this year they knew they had a turd of a game with IW but had an ace kicker with MWR.

MWR is what's driving the purchase of IW. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a big part of the DLC too.....

EDIT: I want World of Warfare 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

World at War 2 would be my number 1 pick also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

In case anyone on xbox one isn't digging Infinte Warfare - looks like Modern Warfare 3 is about to be backwards compatible soon

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/promotions/sales/black-friday/xbox-360-games

scroll down for the option to buy.

EDIT - since confirmed to be a mistake

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I really want the remaster but not at all interested in IW. Recent single players have been rubbish and MP has been terrible since they brought in the wall running and that sort of crap.

€90 though for the version that gives you the remaster. Far too much, they better release it as a standalone eventually. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

awec wrote: »
    I really want the remaster but not at all interested in IW. Recent single players have been rubbish and MP has been terrible since they brought in the wall running and that sort of crap.

€90 though for the version that gives you the remaster. Far too much, they better release it as a standalone eventually. :(

It is now 49.99 from Amazon UK

Going to pick this up when I get bored of Titanfall 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Unlocked gold camo for the AK this evening.

Had wanted to do that since my 360 days :D

It is now 49.99 from Amazon UK

Going to pick this up when I get bored of Titanfall 2

Yea but it's for the disc version, not interested in those.

Anyone around for some MWR in the evenings on PS4 add me on PSN heroic_goose

I'm on most evenings. Just a warning though I am not that great and never played the original

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Any sign of this being reduced? With the remaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

It's £49.99 on Amazon if you're subbed to Prime. Can't see it getting cheaper than that prior to Xmas unless you buy PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Double XP on both Infinate Warfare and For the first time Modern Warfare Remastered! Kicks off tomorrow around 6pm until Monday 6pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,234 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It is reduced in Supervalu today - I "think" it was down to €40

The digital version is down to €70 for xbox live members this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 monsterhunter

€66.99 in Argos today!

Advertisement