Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sofa Purchase (and DFS opinions)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

GingerLily wrote: »
    Just checked out Finland furniture there, VERY expensive!!!

They are not cheap, but with furniture you get what you pay for.

They also don't make utter fools of customers pretending a suite is normally €3,000 and on sale at €999 - ending Sunday of course.

If you've the time, drop to their place in Emo (1 min off the M7) and see if any of the ex showroom stock suits.

However, if you just want something to last 3-4 years, then the likes of dfs and others may be more suitable - just don't believe their sale prices are bargains and do not allow them force you to buy insurance or care plans (they will pressure you to do so)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

In Finline the prices vary hugely. The base fabrics are the hardiest. My one must be coming on 3 years this January. 2 kids, multiple parties still good as new with no maintenance.

My sister bought a second hand on Done deal, again was like new, but it was a higher grade fabric, much harder to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

CeilingFly wrote: »
    They are not cheap, but with furniture you get what you pay for.

They also don't make utter fools of customers pretending a suite is normally €3,000 and on sale at €999 - ending Sunday of course.

If you've the time, drop to their place in Emo (1 min off the M7) and see if any of the ex showroom stock suits.

Their sofas and chairs are also really comfortable. They're built solidly with excellent cushioning. One set that we passed to a family member is now over 20 years old and still going strong. An occasional wash of the cushion-covers, steam-clean of the chassis and it looks almost pristine.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Fin line usually do a sale just after Christmas, discount of 10-20% from what I remember last year. Anyone I know with their furniture highly rated it. I was very tempted last year but in the end found something on sale. I would avoid dfs. I thought their prices were very expensive for the quality they had

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭randombar

Was in EZ living yesterday, very good prices compared to DFS in fairness.

Will check out finline during the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭randombar

Yes yes, you were all right :D

Great sets of furniture and it's obvious that they are solidly built and best customer service out of all the places (Giving us fabric to take home etc.)

In fairness their prices are higher than DFS etc. but probably cheaper than Caseys.

Going to hold out to the sale in Jan, hope to get something off what we have our eye on.

Advertisement