Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oakley and ray-ban sunglasses 2 for €230

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Discodog wrote: »
    Well I guess that proves that we place functionality first :)

Oakley are totally different to any other manufacturer. Have you looked on their website ? No one offers that range of frames & lenses. The website alone is amazing. You can see various views under different lighting & compare all the lenses. You get a detailed specification eg if you need colour neutrality like a pilot, light transmission, uv etc.

Oakley didn't originate as a designer brand. When i bought my first pair you could only get them in cycle or sports shops. They are totally different to a fashion company that decides to add sunglasses to their portfolio.

I have a pair of cycling style Oakley Radars. I wear them a lot by the sea walking my dogs as they shield my eyes from sand & salt spray. The proof of their quality is that the image remains crystal clear right to the edge & they don't get sand blasted.

The US military don't make them standard issue for fashion. They are optically perfect enough when firing a rifle.
    If we are talking functionality for the average person, then €1 glasses offer the same protection as more expensive ones. Anything after that is is more style, hobby or job specific, as well as some better materials like hinges. 99% of people want something to protect their eyes and to look good, maybe polarization too.

Every seemingly good recommendation I see online about Oakley is linked to a clarity assessment on their own website :pac: I mean I'm not saying it's not true I just never see impartial sources. And I of course take your good review into consideration. I am very open to glasses that are better, I looked into and bought Gunnar glasses because they worked for eye strain so would like to know more.

I work with the US military, and I know many reasons the products that are standard for them are often not the best one but that is another topic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

emo72 wrote: »
    I bought a pair of Oakley about 18 years ago for 200 punts, they're worth probably about 400 euro today. So if you can guess the future classics you could make money.

Now Worth €400 !!!!!

Have u had any offers of €400 - or is that your own valuation ?

I'd like to see you sell them on DoneDeal or ebay for €400 - I doubt you would get that 4them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ah lads, can we give over on the ****e? Raybans are expensive. Oakleys are expensive. If people can get them for cheaper than normal, then it's a bargain.

People are over 18 and know what they're doing.

Edit: Oakleys seem to be gone from the promo now, and the Raybans I'd my eye on are gone! Frick.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

Just picked up two pairs normally worth €109 each

Total savings of......ah sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Now Worth €400 !!!!!

Have u had any offers of €400 - or is that your own valuation ?

I'd like to see you sell them on DoneDeal or ebay for €400 - I doubt you would get that 4them.

They are probably worth more now. I was offered that by a dealer. They are very rare & in perfect condition with the box.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Ah lads, can we give over on the ****e? Raybans are expensive. Oakleys are expensive. If people can get them for cheaper than normal, then it's a bargain.

People are over 18 and know what they're doing.

Edit: Oakleys seem to be gone from the promo now, and the Raybans I'd my eye on are gone! Frick.

It's standard Boards & BA fare. When you mention that Lidl weetabix are virtually identical to the real thing you get accused of skimping & buying rubbish.

When you say that a premium product is on offer you get all the waste of money, my €1 one's are just as good.

Ebay have both at about the same price. Just stick to a recognised major seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Thanks OP. Got two pairs of polarised aviators, €209 and €202 respectively. Can't wait to get them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

Debenhams are offering 2 pairs of Raybans for €230 or 2 pairs of polarised Raybans for €260. got 2 to day worth €189 and €209 for €260. Another Oakley on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

Debenhams are offering 2 pairs of Raybans for €230 or 2 pairs of polarised Raybans for €260. got 2 to day worth €189 and €209 for €260. Another Oakley on offer

Online or instore? Can't see it online.

cson wrote: »
    Online or instore? Can't see it online.

It's in store. There's a new sunglasses area beside the Jewellery area on the ground floor. They opened last month and its there till September. Ray bans are the only glasses on offer even though they have all the designer brands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Is that all debenehams do you know or just one? Which one did you buy from?

crazyderk wrote: »
    Is that all debenehams do you know or just one? Which one did you buy from?

That was the Henry Street store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Discodog wrote: »
    Oakley are totally different to any other manufacturer.

Not really, as mentioned earlier one single company, luxottica own & make:

Oakley
    Ray-Ban
    Alain Mikli
    Arnette
    Eye Safety Systems (ESS)
    K&L (formerly Killer Loop)
    Oliver Peoples
    Persol
    Sferoflex
    Vogue Eye-wear
    Armani
    Emporio Armani
    A|X - Armani Exchange
    Brooks Brothers
    Bulgari
    Burberry
    Chanel
    Coach
    Dolce & Gabbana
    DKNY
    Michael Kors
    Miu Miu
    Polo Ralph Lauren
    Paul Smith Spectacles
    Prada
    Ralph
    Ralph Lauren eyewear
    Tiffany & Co.
    Tory Burch
    Versa

I already posted an example of companies that own different brands & there are plenty more. If you choose to join the €1 glasses are just as good club then that's up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I just got some pairs of nice Smith sunglasses from this ebay seller in France. RRP for each pair was over €100, I bought 2 of them for €95, and he threw in a third pair for free.
    So 3 pairs for €95. He has the odd pair of SMiths left and a good few different Oakley ones.
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/tralaloulolu/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Advertisement