Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards WORST WWE Champion Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I forgot that Roman was actually champion. I was just making light previously of it as being preemptive in saying he will be a bad champion after Mania.

So definitely Reigns for this one.

edit: He was champion twice? I really have blocked it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I thought Vince would put up a fight, but Reigns trips over his own feet and into the next round.

Up next

Randy Orton

Randy_Orton_at_WM30.jpg

vs.

Andre The Giant

Andre-the-Giant.jpg

vs.

Brock Lesnar

592f71c60af12258676888c4dea6b23b.jpg

Quick question for clarification: are we looking at their title reigns overall or just looking at their worst reign? Because there have been some champs who have good and bad reigns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Andre for me, he was only there as a transitional champ between Hogan & Savage.

Did Hogan have issues with putting Savage over?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

has to be andre as the entire thing was just an angle to get the belt off hogan and wouldnt have to job

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Andre. Lesnar and Orton have had multiple credible reigns as champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Andre. Sh*te to watch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lesnar was awesome, Randy had some alright reigns, Andre...umm, he lost to Hogan

Andre FTL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Andre for me too. Sold the belt immediately after winning it, didn't he?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Quick question for clarification: are we looking at their title reigns overall or just looking at their worst reign? Because there have been some champs who have good and bad reigns

Title reigns overall :)

• Advertisement

Andre can't make it under the ropes so goes into round 2!

Next up, one I think we know the outcome of, and is really why it's important to remember how their reigns were, not how good of a wrestler they were.

Seth Rollins

Vs.

Daniel Bryan

Vs.

The Undertaker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Seth. Not because of the man, he absolutely shone and he carried the company the best he could through a **** fest of bad booking and bad television.

He was booked as an absolute joke though. He went something like 0-18 for a time and I remember him jobbing for weeks straight almost. The only time he ever beat Cena was because of John Stewart. **** off.

They booked him into oblivion.

Taker was always a dominant champion and I love DBs WHC reign, despite how it ended. Cocky heel champion DB ruled.

God I miss him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

D Bryan

Seamus mania say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i was gonna say db - but i have to agree with moneymaker! They made Rollins so weak as champ!

Rollins for me

D Bry. The chase was always better than the reign. Stripped also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Rollins. His reign was awful. He was instantly pushed behind HHH and Steph and relegated to being their bítch. Great matches with Cena and Ambrose cant save what ultimately was an underwhelming and overall pointless reign.

Rollins. As happy as I was that he was champ, he was booked badly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Rollins. Can't forget the streak of constant defeats. Really weakly booked. But I do love the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I don't agree. 1996 Shawn Michaels was awesome as champion. Wasn't his fault their business was in the toilet. He had a load of good matches. The Mind Games match with Foley holds up against any match in wrestling history.

1997-1998 obviously he was in a dark place and his back was knackered too. 2002 he got the feel good moment and it wasnt necessary for him to hold the title for a long time or win it again.

He was a big enough of a star that he could have been champion again, but it all went to his head each of his 3 reigns (HBK).

In this round I vote for Rollins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This one is a toss up between Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins, both are great but neither had great runs as champion, that said I can only say that about Bryan cos of his injury so im going to vote for Seth here as his reign was poorly booked and if anything he was made look very weak at times while he was the champ.

We are just talking WWE title right? I did really like Bryan as the heel WHC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,751 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rollins for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Got to go with bryan for this one.

i dont think he had one good reign as champ

Like BH said if its with world title he did have a great run with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Rollins. Very meh. Looked weak. Booked weak.

We are just talking WWE title right? I did really like Bryan as the heel WHC

Yup, might do a WHC title one after.

Seth got lost walking through the crowd and ends up in Round 2. Next!

John Cena

Vs.

The Miz

Vs.

The Big Show

My vote here is with Big Show. Cena is Cena, and deserves to be knocked out in round 1. Miz, while divisive among fans, was a decent heel champion. Big Show was made to look like a chump, simple as.

Yeah Big Show. Just never a convincing champ for me.

Big Show. Miz was great and Cena is a franchise player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Are we talking about when he turned face, or when he turned heel, or when he turned face, or when he turned heel , or when.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

You can count on a pirates leg the amount of times the WWE title has been made look like a complete after thought and next to nothing in terms of prestige.

That fued that Show had with Bossman would have been embarrassing if it revolved around the European championship, let alone the company's most important title.

Big Show by quite a distance. Due to the above I'll be hopping right on the Big Show train FTW for this whole tourney.

• Advertisement

Big Show was too busy crying to turn up so Round 2 he goes! NEXT!

Mankind

vs

Hulk Hogan

vs

The Iron Sheik

Advertisement