Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards WORST WWE Champion Tournament

Options
  • 20-03-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭

As the X Divison Tournamenf reaches its end, I thought this would be a fun one to do. We have already crowned who we thought was the best champion across different companies, but who do he think was the worse WWE Champion of all time? Well I have the official list of everyone who held the belt, and once the X Divison final is over we can open up round 1!

Don't forget, you aren't voting on the worse wrestler, but the worse champion. There are some all time greats in this list, buts it impossible to ignore that some of their reigns were God awful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Im in! Gonna contact every Bret Hart fan I know and get HBK voted worst champ of all time #notbitter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Good idea for a thread. It's gotta be when Vince won it though - surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

No. Shawn Michaels is the worst WWF Champion of all time. He wasn't able for any sort of expectation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wonder will this include the World Heavyweight Championship too. Rey Mysterio and Swagger had awful reigns.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Good idea for a thread. It's gotta be when Vince won it though - surely?

The Great Khali begs to differ, could be a few contenders actually. Are WHC from the WWE era included or just WWE champs? There are a few WHCs that the WWE had that I think had terrible title reigns like Ziggler for example

• Advertisement

No. Shawn Michaels is the worst WWF Champion of all time. He wasn't able for any sort of expectation.

But..but... The Boyhood Dream... He ran up stadium steps and did upside down pull ups dang it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't agree. 1996 Shawn Michaels was awesome as champion. Wasn't his fault their business was in the toilet. He had a load of good matches. The Mind Games match with Foley holds up against any match in wrestling history.

1997-1998 obviously he was in a dark place and his back was knackered too. 2002 he got the feel good moment and it wasnt necessary for him to hold the title for a long time or win it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just go ahead and give it to Roman Reigns already.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Is there anything to be said for Kane ( 1 day), The Miz or Sheamus (latest reign)?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

reigns... God awful.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    awful reigns.
    just go ahead and give it to Roman Reigns already.

3 votes already. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Round One!

Don't forget, you are voting on the worse champion, not the worse wrestler.

First wrestler to 4 votes makes it through to round two.

Shawn Michaels

Vs

Stone Cold Steve Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Well I think this one is easy shawn is definitely the worst from these 2.

I don't think shawn was terrible but wwf was in dire straits at the time he was champ like Brett too tbh.

My vote is also with HBK. The first round is going to have plenty of matches like this, we're both guys had strong runs, but none of HBKs runs felt as memorable or as important as Austins. Austins "I need to beat you Rock" promo alone sold how inportant the belt was more than any other wrestler.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

HBK for me too. Austin was electric as WWE Champ, and him winning the belt from Michaels signified the entrance into the Attitude Era proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,089 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Austin's reigns throughout the Vince feuds were excellent so it's hard to put him into anything titled worst. Shawn wasn't bad but here he's against someone who would have a legitimate chance of winning if this was the opposite poll of best champion.

Shawn wins here.

And HBK botches a superkick into round 2!

Next up its:

Sgt. Slaughter

e11635e4982e460d3d85ecf71769d69d.jpg
    Vs.

HHH

Sportsgallery-24+(11).jpg

Slaughter. Little more than a transitional champ.

Slaughter also, HHH had the best heel champion run of all time in my books, while Slaughter was just the transitional champion. Think the whole tournament will come down to bad champions vs transitional champions.

A lot of this early round might see whitewashes

Sarge here also. Real Heat Magnet Heel who fit the time but transitional champ and nowhere near HHHs level

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Slaughter.

He was a nobody. As said above a transitional champ at best.

• Advertisement

Slaughter. He was ****e, not at all credible and ticket sales for WM7 bombed with him as champion.

And the sarge just can't lock in the cobra clutch and makes his way to round 2. From here, each match up is a triple threat, so your next three are:

Romain Reigns

CLZZsU7W8AAhrgF.jpg

Vs.

Vince McMahon

vmc18.jpg

Vs.

Batista

5087945517_004e1f3a28.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Roman by a mile, at least Vince used it to get himself over, with Reigns it's a case of nobody caring.

Roman, Vince winning it was a gimmick and actually served a purpose.

Reigns serves as much purpose as dog**** in your ice cream.

Did he even defend the title once?

Heel Batista was an awesome champion.

I gotta go for Reigns. I'll always take a win as champ that further a decent storyline vs a guy who has bombed as a champion.

Batista is great and more than deserves to get knocked out this round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Has to be Roman. Probably the least over WWE/F Champion ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,762 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Roman by a long way.

Too late here but I would have gone with Vince. He held it for what, a week? No business having the title as owner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I'd go with Vince. It was never going to go anywhere

• Advertisement

I thought Vince would last longer in this but tbh Reigns runs (jaysus hard to believe after mania he could already be a 3 time champ) were so short and meaningless and met with crickets or boos. He coulda been a good champ instead he is a contender in this competition.

So Reigns for me.... Batista deserves to not be in their company.

Advertisement