Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

To NCT and Tax or not before selling

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

Thanks for the replies

There is honestly nothing seriously wrong with the car, a small knocking noise from the suspension which I would guess is the anti roll bar links or bushes as they're well known to go on these cars and needs a couple of bulbs replaced

Just out of interest going back to the question in my original post, what do people think it's worth with and without NCT? I don't want to end up in the dreamer of the year thread!

It's an Alfa 156 TI model
    year 2005
    90,000 miles
    Full leather
    air con + all electrics working perfectly

Full service + belt & pump done at 85k

My guess

1) With new NCT & 3 months Tax €1,600

2) With NCT no tax €1,300

3) As it is no tax or NCT €900

Or am I way off!?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Would always have an NCT on a car I'm selling. Main reason being it just opens up your prospective buyers to include that "nice but cagey" non petrol head demographic and in my experience they can be the easiest people to sell a car to. If it looks well minded, drives well and has an NCT, cars in the €1500 and under bracket should be easy to sell once the person is in front of you.

The alternative when selling without a test are loads of 'test pilots' and young lads looking to take a punt and to get it for a big discount with some major haggling if you entertain that. Life's too short. Get it NCT'ed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CarFan100

Surely a lot more than 400 between test and no-test

More like 700

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Thanks for the replies

There is honestly nothing seriously wrong with the car, a small knocking noise from the suspension which I would guess is the anti roll bar links or bushes as they're well known to go on these cars and needs a couple of bulbs replaced

Just out of interest going back to the question in my original post, what do people think it's worth with and without NCT? I don't want to end up in the dreamer of the year thread!

year 2005
    90,000 miles
    Full leather

My guess

Or am I way off!?

Thanks

Forget the tax. Nct it though. You will not get €900 for that car without an nct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

3) As it is no tax or NCT €900Or am I way off!?

You won't get a penny for it without an NCT. Your phone won't ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

Thanks for the replies

year 2005
    90,000 miles
    Full leather

My guess

Or am I way off!?

Thanks

Id like to echo what already being said here about this. As an Alfa Romeo driver, I can tell you now that €500 is the very very best you will get for that car with no NCT. Alfa have a bad rep (undeservedly so) so only the guys who like having oily hands, or people completely not in the know will consider your car without an NCT. Anti roll bar bushes are a pig to do in these cars as the subframe is in the way so labor intensive.
    As an aside, the anti roll bar bushes are hidden by said subframe so NCT guys "prob" wont fail you on them.........saying that, any person with half decent hearing will spot them in an instant on a test drive so be as well get them done.
    My current car is an Alfa 147, bought for €450 euro with no NCT. Front suspension bushes, ARB bushes, all new brakes and a T-Belt later, and shes legal. ( the latter two jobs were done as a matter of course, not essential)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

Thanks for the good advice. I'm going to put it through the test shortly and then stick it up on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thanks for the good advice. I'm going to put it through the test shortly and then stick it up on adverts

Donedeal is recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

My guess

Ring the "cash for cars" crowd, and see how much you'd get off them?

=-=

Also, agree with the Donedeal ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pg17

Good to know

Although your road tax is 2 months in arrears, a buyer will not have to pay any arrears. They simply tax the car from the first of the month during which they buy the car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement