Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salt and Sanctuary

Got this in the PS sale this week. Started it tonight and am up to the second boss. It really is one for the Dark Souls fans, loving it. Even the nod Dark Souls at the beginning was great even if I died instantly :D

Oh F the Tree of Men , grand the boss fight is vertical with a single weak spot in phase 2 but was it necessary to have falls to your death too? The falls to floor level from the top already do enough damage :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Its a bull**** fight, fairly sure there's a few posts of me giving out about it earlier in the thread.

I can't remember what the effects are called, bit its this games version of Divine. Its pretty good against it iirc.

Its a bull**** fight, fairly sure there's a few posts of me giving out about it earlier in the thread.

I can't remember what the effects are called, bit its this games version of Divine. Its pretty good against it iirc.

Blessed pages maybe?

EDIT: Wow I got "blessed" there after 3 or 4 attempts I was on the top left platform used a blessed page and he just stood there doing nothing after a few attacks so I swung for the hills :D

I transmuted my sword to the Jaws Of Death A.K.A the Boss Melter :pac:

Blessed page and goldwine buffs on it wrecks stuff.

Got platinum there, loved this game for being so unashamedly a Dark Souls clone but in 2D. The Jaws of Death made most boss fights almost trivial on NG one I made it almost all fell in less than 10 seconds. The last one though was tough with out having anything ranged and having to get close to him. Took me 5 or 6 tries.

The last trophy I got was for the unspeakable deep fight, that was actually pretty clever if you'd persevered and redid the fight over and over when starting the game till you beat him as it would be a great tutorial for rolling and telegraphing attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Is this DL only? Can't seem to find it on any of the usual shops.

On sale at the minute for 7.99 I think I paid on the PS store

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Yup. It's download only.

I'd every intention of playing this on Vita but I caved quickly and thankfully so. Can't believe how long it took to port over.

Thanks lads. I feckin hate buying digital and it pisses me off when titles are digital only. I know it's the way of the future and all that. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you buy digitally and subsequently stop paying for PSN you can no longer access games?

No. You can still access all games you have purchased.

When you stop paying for PS+, you lose access to those free games and you lose cloud save and playing games online on PS4.

tok9 wrote: »
    No. You can still access all games you have purchased.

When you stop paying for PS+, you lose access to those free games and you lose cloud save and playing games online on PS4.

Ok that's cool. Should have known actually as I have Arkham VR and don't have a PS+ sub but can play AVR no hassle.

Are there many others "Souls like" games out there? It's a "genre" (can't think of a better word) I've grown to love.

Ok that's cool. Should have known actually as I have Arkham VR and don't have a PS+ sub but can play AVR no hassle.

Are there many others "Souls like" games out there? It's a "genre" (can't think of a better word) I've grown to love.

I'm going to make the assumption you know about Bloodborne which is a From Software game too (my personal favourite).

After that you've Lord of the Fallen & The Surge by the same developer team. I haven't played either but the Surge sounds interesting and has been called a Sci Fi Souls game.

There are a few smaller games worth keeping an eye out for. These are a mix of out or coming out and souls clones to having some traits.
    Eitr
    Death's Gambit
    Hyper Light Drifter (Has similarities with a lot of games. Played it and it's excellent)
    Ashen

That's all I can think of right now.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm going to make the assumption you know about Bloodborne which is a From Software game too (my personal favourite).

After that you've Lord of the Fallen & The Surge by the same developer team. I haven't played either but the Surge sounds interesting and has been called a Sci Fi Souls game.

There are a few smaller games worth keeping an eye out for. These are a mix of out or coming out and souls clones to having some traits.
    Eitr
    Death's Gambit
    Hyper Light Drifter (Has similarities with a lot of games. Played it and it's excellent)
    Ashen

That's all I can think of right now.

Sound man, thanks. Yup played and finished Bloodborne. I was in shock at the fact I finished it given how hard I found it initially. Will have a look for the others as close to finishing DS3, did finish 2 and have 1 there for the 360 that I must get round to completing.

So bought this and been playing it for past few days. Liking it so far. It can be very hard going at times. Bloated Monstrosity is a pain in the arse.

Think I've 3 bosses done, Sodden Knight, Queen Of Smiles and The Alchemist. Bit lost now but got a key after The Alchemist so just need to find the door. Glad I got it.

Back to the sanctuary and exit the other side if I recall.

Cheers. Is this game glitchy? One of those bloated monstrosities killed me earlier and instead of him getting my salt it said "mechanical lever has your salt". Huh says I, don't recall an enemy called mechanical lever. Anyway I head back to where I died and a lever that opens a gate is glowing that familiar glow of an enemy that has your salt. Couldn't interact with it. 20K salt just gone. Enough to make me switch off it was. It's funny now thinking back on it.

Am very very impressed with the level design in this game. Shortcuts everywhere, paths leading back to previous areas.

Tree of men is driving me crazy as is the lamb boss thing. I think I'll just play Dark souls again.