Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salt and Sanctuary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I have lost all interest in this game. I'm in the Salt Alkamancy place and its just a nightmare to navigate. I went another route instead which i forget the name of but the first enemy i met skewered me on his horn and instantly killed me. The game would very much benefit from a map. Maybe a map that doesn't show your location on it, but showed the areas you explored would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Icaras wrote:
    There is a sheild with 100% fire damage too(Phoenix Rondache), I stood on the ledges to the left. With that sheild when the fire sprays just hold it up and no damage - watch out for the tree's punches though, bait him into a punch on the second highest ledge then jump to the top and hit his head.

Cheers, yeah I have that shield and the blacksmiths gear levelled up a bit and just need to be patient. Good tip on using second ledge and jumping up on last phase, makes sense. I went to dome and levelled up a bit, one shotted first boss and at the lamb now.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

sweetie wrote: »
    Cheers, yeah I have that shield and the blacksmiths gear levelled up a bit and just need to be patient. Good tip on using second ledge and jumping up on last phase, makes sense. I went to dome and levelled up a bit, one shotted first boss and at the lamb now.

I found the lamb tough enough, hang in there.

I have lost all interest in this game. I'm in the Salt Alkamancy place and its just a nightmare to navigate. I went another route instead which i forget the name of but the first enemy i met skewered me on his horn and instantly killed me. The game would very much benefit from a map. Maybe a map that doesn't show your location on it, but showed the areas you explored would be ideal

F**cking unicorns! A maddening enemy, once you get by them you find a door that will avoid them, I think there is only 3 in total. You can avoid them by going over them - it's not easy though.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Am I right to assume this isn't on PC yet? Any link I follow just rants about PS4 - yet any review and wikipedia article mentions all three platforms. Hate having to dig around when I have money to throw at people.

Only out for PS4 at the moment. Think they are working on Vita then PC version but not 100% sure if that order is correct - I think the original plan was to bring it out for the Vita first but something must have changed.

• Advertisement

this map is kinda cool.

I've left the third lamb for a bit and am at the disembowelled husk. Had one try and he seems ok but the run from the sanctuary each time is pretty tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Am I right to assume this isn't on PC yet? Any link I follow just rants about PS4 - yet any review and wikipedia article mentions all three platforms. Hate having to dig around when I have money to throw at people.

It is coming out in the summer on PC and Vita.

Finally got third lamb, yesss!

Still having trouble with the hulk (are his attacks fire type because my lv 4 shield and blacksmith armour is ****, what weapon; greatsword/axe/sword and armour?)
    but having killed the dried king I've gotten to four other bosses so plenty to do. Those bloody spindlebeasts are annoying!

Edit: Got the hulk;
    naked roly greatsword with fire damage ftw!
    Then easily dispatched coveted, carsejaw and the prince now the witch, mal and ronin to beat next!

Just got to the last area, looks like I'll be done in time for DS3!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Salt and Sanctuary is out now on Steam.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tough game, can't get past the first boss :o

The Sodden Knight? Managed to kill him this evening, but I've gotten somewhat stuck elsewhere now, after the Bandit's Pass, no idea where to go. Got mashed by something that looked like a spider crossed with Pyramid Head, might go check that path out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya him :o

Ya him :o

Keep butting your head against him until he succumbs. Over and over again, and you keep dying, but just keep at it, plough though and you'll get him eventually. It's the same thing I did when playing Hyper Light Drifter, coming up against bosses there I just kept plugging away even if it was like running into a brick wall over and over. I do seem to really enjoy tough and challenging games, but don't mistake that for skill, it's determination. :D

Thanks for that links

Should you grind before facing a boss?

I had gone up a couple of levels before attempting him, but I wouldn't say I did any grinding, just explored the area a few times, tried to find any extra bits and pieces, got a little shrine activated beneath him then went at it and headbutted that brick wall. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Must give this a go now it's on PC. Thought the last two games by this dev, the dishwasher games, were awful with really terrible art but this looks like a significant improvement. Well the art has improved but I still think it looks awful especially the naff flash sequel puppet animation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone still playing this? Just bought it tonight and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Are the starting armours and weapons worth upgrading? Using the Midshipmans Dirk which I see has an S Dex scaling, but does that mean it's worth getting to +10 or whatever the cap is

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

On Steam Special for the weekend.

Info courtesy of Links 234 she said play it.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    On Steam Special for the weekend.

Info courtesy of Links 234 she said play it.

Jez what happened to her? Was watching south park earlier with them quitting twitter and thought of her.

Anyone still playing this? Just bought it tonight and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Are the starting armours and weapons worth upgrading? Using the Midshipmans Dirk which I see has an S Dex scaling, but does that mean it's worth getting to +10 or whatever the cap is

I'm replaying it, if your planning to stay dex, S scaling is the best, so yes its probably best levelling up. If memory serves me correctly its about halfway though when you get a bit of free reign on items to upgrade weapons.

I upgraded armour very little but it can be useful.

Cheers, the classes were throwing me off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Pretty annoyed that they still haven't released (or even announced when) the game on vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

So, how do the Dark Souls comparisons hold up months down the line? Is there a lot of depth and replay value? Also, is this a game for a controller?

Pretty well, big open world with great interconnection, covenants, focus on weapon scaling instead of raw damage, Hardcore bosses, loads of variants on what weapons you can run e.g. sword and shield, two handing, buffable weapons, partying mechanics, estus like Red health pipes, story that makes no sense until you watch VaatiVidya and ENB.

And it's a deadly game

I can see myself replaying it a few times, I'm not sure if the speedrun scope is the same.

I've been playing with a controller because I feel analogues would be better than WASD for rolling but I'd say it'd be grand on keyboard

Anyone played Necropolis ? Looks to be the closest thing on Xbox to S&S ? Tempted to give it a shot.

It's pretty poor according to most reviews.

Links234 had it and got a refund.

There was a rerelease a few weeks ago, called Necropolis Brutal Edition, not sure if it's any better

It's pretty poor according to most reviews.

Links234 had it and got a refund.

There was a rerelease a few weeks ago, called Necropolis Brutal Edition, not sure if it's any better

Thats the one that was added to xbox store claims to have fixed many things but I did see the earlier reviews too

• Advertisement

Just finished it tonight. Was disappointed by the final few bosses, the last 7 or so. None of them did anything different, big enemy, slow attack you can dodge under and tracking spells, in the case of the Witch, the forgotten King, the dragon and the final boss, a mixture of all three. Was very disappointing, the final boss did some new stuff like throwing his sword but that was about it.

Think I beat 4 bosses on the bounce without losing, then died twice to the next three bosses, so seven bosses with two deaths. The standard mobs in most areas gave me more trouble.

Overall though, very impressed with the game, I really enjoyed it and will do some more runs and a NG+.

For anyone who liked the lore of it, there a compendium here that looks to be an interesting read. Props to redditor AUSKO_XIII for it

Advertisement