Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 452 Stock Help

Options
  • 15-03-2016 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Well lads,
    I am relatively new to this sport and I had some questions about my rifle. I have had my CZ 452 Style chambered in .22lr for about 7 Months and don't get me wrong I love the rifle, I would love to change out the stock to a type I have loved the look of for a very long time.

I was hoping some of you more experienced shooters would be able to tell me if I could put this Klinsky stock on my rifle with relative ease? or is there something specific I would have to do to make it work?

klinsky.cz//stranky/301.php

If you go on the page and look at the stock that is the third one down, the "CZ 452 action" stock "No. 30144 ". Any other things that it may involve or any other thoughts you have, any help would be great!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A chap on my range has one.

30144_2.jpg

It's a nice stock, with a good comfortable feel. Its a bit bigger in real life than it looks on the website. With the Cz's small action/barrel the stock almost swallows up the barreled action. Little bit of weight to it, but nothing much.

He said it was a drop in stock. Meaning he had to do no alterations to it to make it fit. Simply take the barreled action out of the old stock and drop it into the new one. Not that i don't believe him, but i'd confirm this with Klinsky before buying as most stock manufacturers say their stocks are 98-99% inletted. This is to cover them in case you need to do a little bit of sanding/filing to make it fit perfectly.

Even if you do it'll be something you could easily do yourself.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I have this one off their site on my .22
    30140_2.jpg

this is the one you are looking at?
    30144_2.jpg

mine fitted straight on, they are made to fit the action... They are a nice stock, just be aware the model you are looking at will weigh an awful lot because its a big chunk of wood.. more suited for target shooting.

payment is by bank transfer which is strange for a website

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

I got a Klinsky for a cz452 in hmr. It fitted, well nearly at least. So I took the opportunity to bed the action in the new stock and only had to drill out 1 mounting hole.
    Mine is made out of solid Beech and is quite light. Low density Beech tends to dent easily though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DannyyBoy

garv123 wrote: »
    ]

mine fitted straight on, they are made to fit the action... They are a nice stock, just be aware the model you are looking at will weigh an awful lot because its a big chunk of wood.. more suited for target shooting.

payment is by bank transfer which is strange for a website

Yeah that was the one, on the next set of pictures for that stock you can see a synthetic black stock, I'm thinking it might be a little lighter than the solid wood pieces. Or maybe not. Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DannyyBoy

Deaf git wrote: »
    I got a Klinsky for a cz452 in hmr. It fitted, well nearly at least. So I took the opportunity to bed the action in the new stock and only had to drill out 1 mounting hole.
    Mine is made out of solid Beech and is quite light. Low density Beech tends to dent easily though.

I have heard a lot about "bedding the action" what exactly is that? I appreciate the answer.

And how does the rifle feel weight wise, does it feel unbalanced? As the stock might suite bigger rifles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

DannyyBoy wrote: »
    Yeah that was the one, on the next set of pictures for that stock you can see a synthetic black stock, I'm thinking it might be a little lighter than the solid wood pieces. Or maybe not. Thanks for the info

I dont think any of them or synthetic.. just a black finish on the wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

DannyyBoy wrote: »
    I have heard a lot about "bedding the action" what exactly is that? I appreciate the answer.

And how does the rifle feel weight wise, does it feel unbalanced? As the stock might suite bigger rifles.

In the case of your cz452 the rifle is essentially a barrell screwed into a tubular steel receiver. It is all very robust but if the stock inletting isn't absolutely perfect the barrel might touch the stock or the receiver might 'see-saw' over a high point.
    Bedding the action involves setting the rifle action in the stock in an epoxy based filler material. This ensures even contact in all the right places and no stress on action or barrel from less than perfect inletting. I installed brass pillars in the screw holes in the klinsky as the soft timber tended to compress a lot as the action screws were tightened.
    Check youtube, loads of good instructional videos on the subject.

Advertisement