Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stena to UK €1 book by 18th [Expired]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Anyone know the parking situation in Dublin port? I'd head over with the family for a day trip (the boat would be cool for a 5 year old) but I'd like to be able to park at the terminal

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

styron wrote: »
    Book it from the panel on the deal page, getting the offer on that route fine.

great that works

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Are there buses from Cairnryan? It's in the proper middle of nowhere.

A bus on that road to Prestwick would be a horror show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,352 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Casshern88 wrote: »
    dam i have no reason to go to england but feel this is too cheap to let pass up!! trying to convince mates for a trip sometime in next few months, cheap bus to manchester / liverpool from there for a weekend.

You do know that Holyhead is in Wales ? Surf snowdia isn't to far, Rossneiger is a great place for kitesurfing . Snowdia is good for climbing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dodge wrote: »
    Anyone know the parking situation in Dublin port? I'd head over with the family for a day trip (the boat would be cool for a 5 year old) but I'd like to be able to park at the terminal

There's parking right outside the Stena Terminal, pay and display, 9euro a day, now there's only about 15 spots, if they're full you'll have to use the car park at the Irish Ferries terminal, about a 5 minute walk away, for the same price

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    There's parking right outside the Stena Terminal, pay and display, 9euro a day, now there's only about 15 spots, if they're full you'll have to use the car park at the Irish Ferries terminal, about a 5 minute walk away, for the same price

Thanks, how big is the Irish Ferries car park?

We've gone ahead and booked a day trip anyway. Can't go wrong for a day trip for €15 (6 for boat, 9 for parking)

Dodge wrote: »
    Thanks, how big is the Irish Ferries car park?

We've gone ahead and booked a day trip anyway. Can't go wrong for a day trip for €15 (6 for boat, 9 for parking)

a lot bigger, maybe 80 odd cars, the only time you get it really full is when United or Liverpool are playing at home

If you have to go to that car park just drop the family off at the Stena Lounge, take the car and walk back yourself, like i said, maybe 5min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Well I went ahead and booked a day trip.
    We have 7 hours to kill at Holyhead.

Is there anything to do there? Is there a cinema/shopping centre or anything near the Holyhead port? How far is the Holyhead city centre (if there is one :)) from the port.

cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Booked for three of us, over and back - we probably won't get off the boat.

suave.4u wrote: »

Is there anything to do there? Is there a cinema/shopping centre or anything near the Holyhead port? How far is the Holyhead city centre (if there is one :)) from the port.

cheers.

7hrs in Holyhead, not a hope

Get the train (station is in ferry terminal) and get a return to Bangor, takes 30mins to get there, a LOT more to do and see

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Booked for three of us, over and back - we probably won't get off the boat.

You will not be allowed to stay on boat, depending on how long you're in Wales for get a train to Bangor, a lot more to do than Holyhead, 30mins on the train

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

cheers.
    LOL good luck. I wouldn't last an hour there. Its just a town.

Nightmare!
    Bet it's your first & last trip to Holyhead!

We arrive at 11.50 and we're on the 13.50 boat home. A little bit of a walk, something to eat and then we're back on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are people actually going to Holyhead? Haha anything for a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 23,352 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Are people actually going to Holyhead? Haha anything for a bargain

It's more to take the kids ona boat. They may love or hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

cheers.

What sailing times have you that you have 7 hours there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Can you bring a bike on and still be considered a foot passenger??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone know the answer to this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Book your dates as late as possible, if the Brexit goes ahead and the UK leaves the EU maybe we can get Duty Free from the UK like to old days. I remember being 5 or 6 and going to England the Duty Free was a huge thing back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Stinicker wrote: »
    Book your dates as late as possible, if the Brexit goes ahead and the UK leaves the EU maybe we can get Duty Free from the UK like to old days. I remember being 5 or 6 and going to England the Duty Free was a huge thing back then.

There will be years of negotiations if they vote to get out, this offer will be long gone by the time we see anything like duty free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Doesn't look like it. I booked a ticket as a foot passenger, then tries to edit/change it to bring a bike and it can't be done it seems.

Normally if you want to change a ticket there's a window to change/add/remove a vehicle, be it a car, van bicycle etc., but this window isn't open.

To quote that great war leader Capt. Kevin Darling.....

Bugger.

vicwatson wrote: »
    What sailing times have you that you have 7 hours there?

Reaching at 11:50AM and return at 20:30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Can't get a single available one that I want :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Maybe if it was a fold up bike but I doubt they'd allow a regular one as a foot passenger.

Anyone ever been to Pembrokeshire in Wales?? Its supposed to be a gorgeous section of coastline

Reaching at 11:50AM and return at 20:30

Suggestion here for ya, i'm from North Wales so know the area like the back of my hand

Get off the ferry and get the train to Conwy, leaves Holyhead at 13:07 and gets into Conwy at 1415

Spend the afternoon in Conwy, visit the castle, go the the smallest house in Great Britain, have a fish and chip dinner on the harbour, then get the 18:25 train back from Conwy, getting into Holyhead at 19:15

Train fare is 15quid return and Conwy really is a beautiful little town, less than 20quid for a day out

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

ted1 wrote: »
    You do know that Holyhead is in Wales ? Surf snowdia isn't to far, Rossneiger is a great place for kitesurfing . Snowdia is good for climbing etc

ya i meant UK!!

sweet, managed to convince some mates, 7 of us are booked to go over for long weekend in June. haven't decided on final destination within UK yet , but that was too cheap to pass up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I've to go to an event in N. Wales in the summer and booked tickets for me, my gf, and my parents over and back!

Saved over 200 euro, it's a serious deal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

7hrs in Holyhead, not a hope

Get the train (station is in ferry terminal) and get a return to Bangor, takes 30mins to get there, a LOT more to do and see

TBH, there isn't much more to Bangor at all.

Go a bit further on the train to Chester, now that's a lovely city!

• Advertisement

Suggestion here for ya, i'm from North Wales so know the area like the back of my hand

Get off the ferry and get the train to Conwy, leaves Holyhead at 13:07 and gets into Conwy at 1415

Spend the afternoon in Conwy, visit the castle, go the the smallest house in Great Britain, have a fish and chip dinner on the harbour, then get the 18:25 train back from Conwy, getting into Holyhead at 19:15

Train fare is 15quid return and Conwy really is a beautiful little town, less than 20quid for a day out

Cheers dude, thats a great plan.

Advertisement