Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 14-3-2016

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sky88 wrote: »
    Well Owens vs aj was just announced for smackdown so I think ur right

Yep, waste that on Smackdown

Good job WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It seems like a good job to put a match like that on SmackDown, because they're both over and people want to see them wrestle. They're doing well making SmackDown more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ah lads. Do you remember back in 2013 when this show still sucked and they buried Daniel Bryan every week and some people(me) tried to defend their ****ty booking.

Now everyone just openly rants about how bad the show is. This week's show averaged 3.4m. Mania season. 3.4m. Jesus Christ.

And you hear Vince on conference calls justifying it as ratings are down across the board. As football got some of its highest ratings ever. They have all but phased out PPV..... As UFC has done three in a row all with over a million buys. For the first time any company in history.

Someone needs to get their head out of the sand. And quickly. WcW was still doing good business in 1999. I'm not saying they'll go the way of WcW. They won't. But believe me I don't want to be driven away from this product. I love wwe and I have done since I was five years old. They've driven away 75% of their audience in 15 years. They try to attract casual fans that don't exist anymore. All that's left are the hardcores.

God. I could rant about this forever. And thats sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Ah lads. Do you remember back in 2013 when this show still sucked and they buried Daniel Bryan every week and some people(me) tried to defend their ****ty booking.

Now everyone just openly rants about how bad the show is. This week's show averaged 3.4m. Mania season. 3.4m. Jesus Christ.

And you hear Vince on conference calls justifying it as ratings are down across the board. As football got some of its highest ratings ever. They have all but phased out PPV..... As UFC has done three in a row all with over a million buys. For the first time any company in history.

Someone needs to get their head out of the sand. And quickly. WcW was still doing good business in 1999. I'm not saying they'll go the way of WcW. They won't. But believe me I don't want to be driven away from this product. I love wwe and I have done since I was five years old. They've driven away 75% of their audience in 15 years. They try to attract casual fans that don't exist anymore. All that's left are the hardcores.

God. I could rant about this forever. And thats sad.

That is wwe in a nutshell for the last 10 years they have been trying to get causal fans to watch with little success really. The hardcore fans will still be there but i think a lot are dropping off with the continued terrible booking.

The reason NXT has been succesful has been that it has actually carted for wrestling fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

to quote Max Landis "it’s a TV show about a wrestling show".
    it's becoming less and less about what happens in the ring, more about telling stories, and very poorly written ones at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Only reason I'm paying any heed to it these days is because I'm headed to Mania to tick something off the childhood bucket list. After that IM OUT.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like the booking of New Day vs LoN; its a great story that you've got these 3 guys who are used to the numbers advantage, but now they are challanged by four guys. The opening segment boosted my interest in that feud.

Likewise, Brock vs Ambrose has been booked well so far, and has benefited from a two week break so the writers couldn't kill the story :P

Taker/Shane and Reigns/HHH though....sigh...

People are calling for a change in Reigns vs HHH, and at this stage, I wouldn't want a change; the match is ****ed anyway. At this stage, I'd prefer if they stuck it in the midcard, let Reigns win, let the fans boo and then use that to turn him the next night. A turn based on fans booing him would actually be awesome the night after Mania.

As for Taker/Shane...I was excited at first, but each week, the booking makes my interest go down. The fact they have still failed to address why Taker is doing the match grinds my gears, though at least they seem to be acknowledging the issue (still, no point pointing out the flaw in the story if you have no answer to it). The main problem though is how they have opted to book Shane as some wrestling legend, instead of a middleaged non-wrestler who hasn't fought anyone in over 7 years!

Taker/Shane and Brock/Ambrose are actually being booked very similiarly; both have plucky underdog faces going up against God-tier heels in a gimmick match where the face is clearly going to need to use weapons to survive, let alone win. But the story works for Ambrose because he's an active wrestler, and seems aware he's going to get his ass kicked. Shane isn't, and it's ****ing ludicrous that Shane is being portrayed as being non-fearful of the Undertaker.

When the match was announced, I liked the idea of an arrogant Shane accidently biting off more than he could chew, talking himself into the worst match against the worst opponent he possibly could. That should have led to some hubris and nerves, not this "Share is amazing and fearless!" character :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The only memorable things from that show were the injuries to Neville and the poor ref that got taken out by a crate backstage.

I wonder if New Day will end up getting help from some legendary wrestler they previously had beef with?

Who do you mean, do you think Mark Henry is going to help them in the match with the League Of Nations? It would be good for him to get involved in his home state, then ride off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Who do you mean, do you think Mark Henry is going to help them in the match with the League Of Nations? It would be good for him to get involved in his home state, then ride off.

Was thinking a Rock run in. He is advertised and has no match/segment.

• Advertisement

I don't see it, but it would be cool. However, he gave Xavier the People's Elbow the last time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

sky88 wrote: »
    Well Owens vs aj was just announced for smackdown so I think ur right

Knowing WWE it will be over in a matter of minutes from some interference by god knows who to confuse people even more about who is doing what leading up to Mania. Just give them the main event slot and tell them go put on a show for the crowd.

Advertisement