Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 14-3-2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,420 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cheap pop foley style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Foley is back in the wwe for the love of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

martyos121 wrote: »
    Is Foley gonna give him Barbie? :D

Good man. :cool:

martyos121 wrote: »
    Is Foley gonna give him Barbie? :D

Yep!!!!

Right so taker, Shane, and Vince is closing the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm pretty sure the last person Triple H wrestled on Raw was Curtis Axel. That's just crazy.

Well seeing as we've had barbie. Trips should bring sledgy to the ring to bury dolph.

Steph has more curves than Albert park.

This crowd has fallen asleep and I can't say I blame them.

Did JBL refer to dolph as a all time great ? Who's feeding him this crap ?

• Advertisement

This crowd has fallen asleep and I can't say I blame them.

Yeah I'm trying to not fall asleep,

Say what you want about trips and some say he only has his success because of marrying Steph yadda yadda. But you know when he's in the ring you're getting a good in ring match.

I'm going to watch the rest on my phone and will probably fall asleep so I'll watch the taker Shane and Vince segment tomorrow evening.

Those kick outs from Triple H were pure class.

What happened to triple h there ?

What the fcuk was the point of the stipulation if Dolph was gonna lose anyway?

Did triple h get his bell ring a bit. Oh piss off Roman.

Dolph might turn heel here and save Trips.

Crowd not on Romans side less than three weeks till mania.

Well done wwe.

• Advertisement

Jesus was that a blood capsule or did trips get busted open for real.

Reigns being held back by three of the only guys less over than him lol.

And Mark Henry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,237 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Quality brawl.

Anything that involves belting someone with a television gets a thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That segment was so wrong with Roman as the supposed face

I really do think they're clueless as this stage

I enjoyed it. This is the reigns we should be seeing the past year.

Also hipster looking jack swagger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well so has Eva Marie. It doesn't mean much.

How tall is jojo ?
    5 ft. 2.

• Advertisement

That's a great finisher tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What exactly did A.J Styles do, was it that springboard forearm he's been using in his matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Really enjoyed that Raw to be honest. Shouldn't have had HHH beat Ziggler clean but that's probably my only gripe with the whole show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yet more ass backwards booking;

HHH the HEEL, comes down to the ring and kicks Reigns ass in a fair fight. Reigns is gone for weeks.

Reigns the BABYFACE, comes down to the ring and attacks HHH AFTER he's had a 15 minute back and forth match.

What?

Ryback vs Kalisto? Really? Typical Vince, ratings are crashing, BETTER ROLL OUT THE ROIDED UP MEAT HEADS DAMMIT!

Ambrose opening a box got a bigger reaction then the guy chosen(see this word, thats the problem) to replace John Cena.

Dolph Ziggler got a bigger reaction despite being beaten like a drum and treated like trash for years and years.

Why is Lana being groomed for a match? Can she wrestle? Does anyone want to see her wrestle?

Zayn vs Owens? Boy they cooled that off in a hurry.

I really picked a great show to end my 4 month Raw exile.

This is a horrible tv show and you shouldn't watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,385 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Such absolute garbage once again.

Brock v Ambrose is the Wrestlemania main event. We all know it.

The rest was horseshít.

HHH trying so very hard, too hard, to be the most hated man in the room. Such utter desperation. It was a good promo, in isolation. But in the context of trying to get Roman over as 'the man to rescue us all' it was desperate.

Steph emasculating Ziggler. Standard.

HHH beats Ziggler in a valiant effort 48 hours after retaining his title, then the Challenger comes back after a 3 week break and beats the shít out of him. Who is the heel? Who is the hero? They have no idea what they're fúcking doing.

I still have no idea why Taker is taking this match. Also, the booking has reached such terrible standards that they've now made Taker look like anyone else. Shane is right. He's merely Vince's bitch. They're destroying the mystique.

Also, if we're honest, Shane is shíte, which doesn't help.

I'm willing the show to be good, but it's just awful, and insulting to any adult's intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Shaping up to be an absolute garbage mania on paper.

Ziggler is the definition of a jabroni brother !

I liked reigns kicking the **** out of hhh. Revange plain and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tinie wrote: »
    Shaping up to be an absolute garbage mania on paper.

I bet practically all the people moaning still watch Mania though.
    So WWE won't give two fúcks as long as they have people at home watching every week, buying the network subscriptions and the tickets.

Reigns to appear on Smackdown.

Fake crowd noise FTW!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Awful booking. Again.

Awful WM card. Reigns as face and title challenger when no one wants it. Taker has a few WM's left and they book him to face Shane? Really?

No sign of the product improving.

There days, I just check the Raw results and I might watch WM each year. That's about it. It's such a toxic show these days. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reigns is just the worst. Only an injury to him can save the main event now. Undertaker should have retired after the Lesnar defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,131 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Takers fighting to protect his legacy not for somebody else

I think that scuffle between him and Shane will be 80% of the match. I hope it ends in a scwery finish at mania (someone costing taker the match please not Vince hitting taker by mistake and Shane pinning him) heel Cena or the authority hating sting please. Will dolph cost taker the match to save the authority ???

Reigns/triple h will be a train wreck with people cheering triple h

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

doesnt help that trips is gonna have this epic entrance like he always does and then reigns comes through the crowd... no fanfare or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,385 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It is like they think Austin v McMahon can happen with any two people in those spots. They're such idiots.

They've tried:
    Cena v Bischoff
    Punk v Laurinitis
    Punk v HHH
    Reigns v McMahon (for a week, and it got Reigns more over than he's ever been)

And now Reigns v HHH.

It doesn't work ad nauseum. You need the right guy, against the right guy, and at the right time. You can't just force it to happen.

The funny thing is Ambrose v HHH works to some degree.

They're adults, with (I'm assuming) some intelligence. It's like they never debriefed and worked out why some angles work and some don't. They just keep throwing the same shít at the wall, and hope it sticks. They think that they can just put Reigns in the 'anti-authority' position, and he'll be Austin. It's absolute fúcking lunacy.

Another funny thing is, if they just booked him like WCW booked Goldberg, he'd probably be over. But McMahon will never do that, as that wasn't his idea.

Anyway, I'm ranting, but the basic point is that it's incredible they don't know how to book anyone properly anymore, bar HHH.

The Shane vs Undertaker feud badly needs Austin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,131 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CSF wrote: »

badly needs to be scrapped and put shane and 2 others vs LON and taker vs someone worthwhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

SlickRic wrote: »
    It is like they think Austin v McMahon can happen with any two people in those spots. They're such idiots.

They've tried:
    Cena v Bischoff
    Punk v Laurinitis
    Punk v HHH
    Reigns v McMahon (for a week, and it got Reigns more over than he's ever been)

And now Reigns v HHH.

It doesn't work ad nauseum. You need the right guy, against the right guy, and at the right time. You can't just force it to happen.

The funny thing is Ambrose v HHH works to some degree.

They're adults, with (I'm assuming) some intelligence. It's like they never debriefed and worked out why some angles work and some don't. They just keep throwing the same shít at the wall, and hope it sticks. They think that they can just put Reigns in the 'anti-authority' position, and he'll be Austin. It's absolute fúcking lunacy.

Another funny thing is, if they just booked him like WCW booked Goldberg, he'd probably be over. But McMahon will never do that, as that wasn't his idea.

Anyway, I'm ranting, but the basic point is that it's incredible they don't know how to book anyone properly anymore, bar HHH.

Punk vs hhh would have worked had he not left.

The only time it has worked properley since then has been with byran. The reason it hasnt worked with reigns is the fans dont want him. it has worked better with ambrose in the lead up to roadblock then it has in the last year with reigns.

They should have turned reigns heel and aligned him with hhh last year then have a face ambrose in the main event.

Then it could have been hhh vs shane which would have made much more sense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CSF wrote: »

I'm assuming that he will be announced as the special ref for that match. Because he could be seen to be anti-Vince they will then probably get HBK in to be some sort of guest enforcer role to even things out (being trips buddy and all so pro authority). Also despite both of them I'm still predicting Cena to return and interfere somehow by giving Taker an attitude adjustment and draping Shane over him for a 3 count starting the Cena vs Taker WM 33 build and removing the authorithy (so he'd still be kinda face even if he attacks Taker in Texas).

So in other words that match will be this years HHH vs Sting with a hell of a lot of stuff going on outside of the two main combatants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Where can I get one of those tvs that don't even need to be plugged in to work? Anyone else think Reigns looked lost a lot of the time during that beatdown? Dunno how many times he just stood away from HHH as if he was wondering what to do next. Then ending in the back so he wouldn't be standing triumphant in the ring as his music drown out the boos. Did laugh at the girls going crazy for him.

And what was up with Paige's appearance. She looked like an elderly Morticia Addams.

Also I have no idea what they're doing with Owens and Zayn. At first it seemed they were going with the one on one match then they start talking about how Miz and Neville think they deserve a shot at the title.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where can I get one of those tvs that don't even need to be plugged in to work? Anyone else think Reigns looked lost a lot of the time during that beatdown? Dunno how many times he just stood away from HHH as if he was wondering what to do next. Then ending in the back so he wouldn't be standing triumphant in the ring as his music drown out the boos. Did laugh at the girls going crazy for him.

And what was up with Paige's appearance. She looked like an elderly Morticia Addams.

Also I have no idea what they're doing with Owens and Zayn. At first it seemed they were going with the one on one match then they start talking about how Miz and Neville think they deserve a shot at the title.

Probably another 6 man ladder like the one Bryan won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Awful booking. Again.

Awful WM card. Reigns as face and title challenger when no one wants it. Taker has a few WM's left and they book him to face Shane? Really?

No sign of the product improving.

There days, I just check the Raw results and I might watch WM each year. That's about it. It's such a toxic show these days. :(

im the same. I rarely actually watch the product now. I watch some of the network stuff but never any ppvs. been watching since I was 7, 34 now, it might be time to let it go :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

It was nice for once too see Raw start of with a match and I thought it was a decent match,good beatdown at the end. Is that the full New Day face turn ?

It was great too see Foley and it made sense. One crazy bastard passing the torch to another crazy bastard.

Roman being booed after coming back after a couple of weeks off is completely telling. Having him going onto win at Wrestlemania as a face is one of the stupidest ideas Vince has ever insisted on.The crowd will go
    mental.

I only hope they do play up this conflict more with Taker being at odds with Vince as much as he is with Shane.

I thought that final segment was wretched.

Three old guys warbling on about a storyline that they can't even be arsed to properly explain.

Shane messed up his promo at the start and seemed shaky for the rest of it. When he actually attempted to go toe-to-toe physically with Taker I just shook my head in amazement. They are actually trying to portray Shane as being on Taker's level. It's ridiculous. Michael Cole going bananas over the Shane O'Mac shuffle. I mean, f*ck off WWE. Last October Taker was battling Brock Lesnar in a war in Hell in a Cell and now I'm supposed to buy him selling for Shane? Shane?

And yes they STILL haven't given a reason for why Taker is battling for Vince even though they acknowledge themselves in the storyline that it makes no sense. Imagine if in the new Batman vs Superman movie they never gave you a reason for why the two are fighting! Those punches by Shane at the end were atrocious as well, just like last week. The guy can't work. His whole shtick historically has been pulling off a big stunt, not trying to work like a wrestler.

I can't fathom how anyone can find this compelling TV. The whole storyline is a mess, the match is reliant on a guy who can't work and is now much older than when he was last around, and the pay-off of the angle requires you to be invested in the idea of The Authority leaving and for big changes to who they push, despite the fact that the last time they did an angle involving The Authority being ousted they were gone for just a few weeks before returning, and no matter who wins at Mania Vince McMahon will still be calling the shots creatively.

Wretched.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think its time to just watch Smackdown instead :pac:

Its shorter, has a good announcer, King is good (cringy) craic like the old days, reviews what you need to know about RAW and normally features a good match or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

DM_7 wrote: »
    I think its time to just watch Smackdown instead :pac:

Its shorter, has a good announcer, King is good (cringy) craic like the old days, reviews what you need to know about RAW and normally features a good match or two.

Well Owens vs aj was just announced for smackdown so I think ur right

Advertisement