Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards X-Division Championship Tournament

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

First place is Aries, second Joe, third Daniels and fourth Sabin in my books.

AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Daniels made the X Division unique, but Aries made the belt become so important. During his reign the belt clearly meant something, and Aries stock rose to huge levels simply because of his work with the belt. I am a little biased because Aries is my favourite wrestler since the early 00s, but it's for good reason. An excellent champion and one who no one has equaled in the X Divison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Aries.

Over the last week I've watched some of the x division stuff a few times, and tbf the belt catalulted him and the whole div back to importance ( in my eyes) as it was in the doldrums a little.

Joe and sabin deserve to tie for second place imo both had some good feuds but joe would sneak second place just because he consistently produces excellent matches.

Daniels I will leave last due to being here on a clerical error. though he is an excellent wrestler he is not for me.

#1 Aries
    2 Joe
    3 Sabin
    4 Daniels

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm voting for my boy, Chris Sabin at no 1. Aries comes second, Chris Daniels third, and Joe fourth.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Joe
    Daniels
    Aries
    Sabin

Joe gets my number one as for me he was the most memorable champ in tna back when I start watching it, and really helped cement TNA as a legit wrestling company compared to the WWE for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I've not voted much in this one as I've not seen enough of TNA but happy to see Daniels get a reprieve even though he won't win, def deserved to get at least to the quater finals.

1. Aries - A Double is going to win the thing
    2. Joe
    3. Daniels
    4. Sabin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For me it goes:

Aries
    Daniels
    Sabin
    Joe.

All worthy finalists, all fine champions. Aries edges it because of the prestige it felt like he added to the belt. I'm glad Daniels got back in, even if it was via technicality :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Total chuffed Daniels actually made it through. Was sickened when Low Ki knocked him. I'm not putting him first for firsts sake I genuinely would place them as I have below. Daniels was pure X division- his stuff with AJ and Joe was legendary. Added to that I'm a massive curryman mark.

Joe would be second. He was coming off of a run in ROH where he farted five star matches. Wholly credible and entertaining.

I've need really gotten into Aries. Don'y know why. Followed TNA a lot when he was Austin Starr.

Sabin is good but he was around the time X-division was light hot. I think i was far from the leading reason.

Daniels 1st
    Joe 2nd
    Aries 3rd
    Sabin 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

For me its
    1.Sabin
    2.Daniels
    3.Aries
    4.Joe

Rankings are based on my enjoyment of them as champions/challengers in the X div.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

1. Aries
    2. Daniels
    3. Joe
    4. Sabin

Aries has been my pick all along to win this and I can't think of anything else to say which hasn't been said.

Was stunned when Daniels was eliminated in round 1 so delighted to see him back here at the death as along with AJ and Joe he brought legitimacy to the X Division that wasn't seen next until, well, Aries.

Joe for same as above.
    Sabin gets the raw deal despite being a multi time champ I just didn't see enough of his reigns to properly comment on them....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

In what has to be considered the best final ever, with support for each participant, there's one man that reigns supreme above the rest and he's not just any man... he's
    The Greatest Man That Ever Lived

wjqS0.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, your PW Boards X-Division Champion is
    Austin Aries

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

As per usual great work Omackeral and a worthy winner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Thanks for running this sir! Delighted that for once the person I back to win one of these from the start actually winning!

Advertisement