Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 World T20

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Never realised there was so much bad blood between Morgan and Simmons, makes it all the sweeter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Never realised there was so much bad blood between Morgan and Simmons, makes it all the sweeter.

I never heard anything about that, any more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I know it's after the fact, but the Windies dealt with pace all day.

Perhaps Root for the last over would have been smarter.

They didn't really. They weren't going at the run rate needed until the final over when Stokes handed him 3 very bad deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Brilliant final, though wasn't after England's innings, thought it was well short, but after Root's over it was a humdinger,
    Utterly astonishing finish.

Stokes will bounce back as did Broad. Terrific tournament by both teams and an incredible speech by Sammy. We won't have heard the last of that, and highlights the cancerous issues in West Indian cricket at moment. Probably Sammy's last match for the Windies.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I never heard anything about that, any more info?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2016/content/story/994305.html

Only reading about it this morning.

• Advertisement

Morgan does not come out well there, but then again, he rarely does, does he. Delighted for Simmons, not just for getting one over on Morgan, but also all the crap he had to put up with from the WICB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The way the Windies have been batting, I never felt as though England had it. 19 off the last was always going to be within reach, hell of a way to get it though.

Good tournament for England all the same, they only lost to one team, even if they didn't look good at times. Morgan is a passenger though and I don't think his captaincy is all that great to justify his place, however,if the team is settled and happy with him and they keep winning I'm not sure if I'd want to change a winning formula

Advertisement