Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 30 Captain - Kane or Aguero?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

TacT wrote: »
    I'm amazed at all the Aguero love here considering Norwich are a very different beast at home as opposed to away. Given that city couldn't beat Villa away earlier in the season after Garde taking over I can't bring myself to captain Aguero here with the CL game looming around the corner.

An in form Aguero against a team in the relegation zone is pretty much auto captain, rightly or wrongly the way most of this season has played out

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

An in form Aguero against a team in the relegation zone is pretty much auto captain, rightly or wrongly the way most of this season has played out

Aguero against someone outside the top 6 is almost auto captain at this stage to be honest. Takes a really good hunch to push off him. I remember lots being burned by Lukaku at home to Swansea when Aguero bagged 2 in West Ham. Kane vs Sunderland while Aguero routed Palace another example of even a good goalscorer against a weak team struggling to keep up with Aguero's crazy points per minute.

I mean obviously Aguero can't be top scorer of the Gameweek every week so there are weeks you could beat him with the right person, but I think you'd lose more on average trying to chase that than you could ever hope to gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

LostArt wrote: »
    Norwich's last 4 home games have seen them concede 5, 3, 2 & 2

And they haven't won in 10 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Going to be going with Daniels so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

TacT wrote:
    Going to be going with Daniels so!

I might too :D King Charlie can do no wrong!

• Advertisement

Kane has always let me down when I captained him. And I hate having an early captain.

My brain says Kane, but my gut says Mahrez....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

LostArt wrote: »
    Norwich's last 4 home games have seen them concede 5, 3, 2 & 2
    djPSB wrote: »
    And they haven't won in 10 games.

Norwich 1-0 Man City imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Vardy I think. Newcastle a total mess manager uncertainty etc. Monday night games seem to average more goals too. Kun and Kane good options too, if Spurs weren't playing Dortmund tonight I'd probably give it to Kane, but I expect tonight to be a very high intensity game so there could well be a bit of fatigue for Spurs come Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

manual_man wrote: »
    Vardy I think. Newcastle a total mess manager uncertainty etc. Monday night games seem to average more goals too. Kun and Kane good options too, if Spurs weren't playing Dortmund tonight I'd probably give it to Kane, but I expect tonight to be a very high intensity game so there could well be a bit of fatigue for Spurs come Sunday

SSN saying McLaren won't be in charge and Rafa may take over after Mondays game.

zerks wrote: »
    SSN saying McLaren won't be in charge and Rafa may take over after Mondays game.

Newcastle's last 7 MNF appearances read: 3 goals for, 17 against

• Advertisement

Newcastle's last 7 MNF appearances read: 3 goals for, 17 against

Do we reckon there is anything to those stats? Reckon there is any meaningful correlation between the time of a match and the result? I've seen a lot of people talking about avoiding the early game and loving the Monday night but I don't really see much to it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Kane on the bench tonight so will be well rested for Villa!

CSF wrote: »
    Do we reckon there is anything to those stats? Reckon there is any meaningful correlation between the time of a match and the result? I've seen a lot of people talking about avoiding the early game and loving the Monday night but I don't really see much to it myself.

Would take a lot of research on stats to prove one way or the other, but I certainly do have a lot of memories of high scoring games on MNF. Why that is it's impossible to say. The later kick-off, being under floodlights, it being a Monday - who knows. Top of the table clashes (often tight affairs) are almost never MNF - so that could play a bit into the equation too. That said, after seeing the amount of rotation in Spurs lineup tonight, I'm leaning back towards Kane now.

Would take a lot of research on stats to prove one way or the other, but I certainly do have a lot of memories of high scoring games on MNF. Why that is it's impossible to say. The later kick-off, being under floodlights, it being a Monday - who knows. Top of the table clashes (often tight affairs) are almost never MNF - so that could play a bit into the equation too. That said, after seeing the amount of rotation in Spurs lineup tonight, I'm leaning back towards Kane now.

My take on it is that we place more emphasis on games where there are no other games on at the same time. Hence why we're taking small sample sizes of the Saturday 12:45 and Monday 8 pm and judging on those. But I dunno. I can't think of any mitigating factor that would drive any variation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

MNF is essentially the same thing as my Turner or PVA obsessions. Hold on let me explain :pac:

Basically people emotionally invest themselves in an MNF match as it's the last game of a GW and it's become more socially acceptable to roll the dice for a Monday match. Last roll of a dice, more likely to look like a genius of it pays off.

Statistically it's just another run of the mill game but maybe, just maybe something magical will happen. Just like every player probably finds themselves close to double digits once or twice a season.

MNF = Mickey Turner :cool:

This has been "FPL Mythbusters" exclusive to the FSA Network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Monday night or not at the moment I'm going with Mahrez. It'll be either him or Kane.

Definitely Kane for me after that European game.

Players rested and also a reaction to that defeat = Kane captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Going with Kane as well. Have a feeling he'll get plenty of chances against a very poor Aston Villa team who are only playing for pride now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Going with Kane as well. Have a feeling he'll get plenty of chances against a very poor Aston Villa team who are only playing for pride now.

As a Villa fan I can safely say we're not even playing for pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

As a Villa fan I can safely say we're not even playing for pride.

I suppose. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Aguero fully rested aswell and have a full team rested to boot,the only worry is there champions league game but there pretty much through there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Mahrez for me confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Tempted by Vardy, Mahrez, Kane but too frightened to stray away from Kun!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

mectavba wrote: »
    Tempted by Vardy, Mahrez, Kane but too frightened to stray away from Kun!

Same here....you could make very strong arguments for Kane and Vardez but Aguero is on form, rested and playing against a dire Norwich defence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Same here....you could make very strong arguments for Kane and Vardez but Aguero is on form, rested and playing against a dire Norwich defence

Getting a bad feeling that he will be rested ahead of the CL game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Me 2.
    Can easily bench him, start Bony & Iheanacho and are still can win easy.
    Get 2-3 ahead take of Silva etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Getting a bad feeling that he will be rested ahead of the CL game

there is NO chance he won't start
    zero
    he probably won't play 90 of things are going well which is far from a given if you look at their ABYSMAL away form !
    I'm more worried about that form than him not starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Think I'm going to take a punt on Kane.

You can thank me later Aguero captainers. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

McClaren officially sacked. Was going with Vardy, but moving to Aguero now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think I'll go Kane. He tends to let me down captain wise though.

Villa have long given up on their season and their pride. Spurs are in with a realistic shout of a title for the first time in donkeys years.

Norwich are in a real battle to stay up. City are out of the title chase realistically and while they need to push on to seal top 4 I'm thinking the Champions League will be what is on most of thier players minds.

Advertisement