Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County or country first?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I think you might have stumbled out of the Politics Cafe and accidentally fell into After Hours .......... :pac:

I was always confused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Well it depends. I live out foreign so I usually say Ireland first. If they ask me where, then I say Waterford. I think it depends on a person's knowledge of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

County first. There are people who claim to be Irish but the only affinity I have with them is that it says the same nationality on our passports and that we have eaten Taytos or drank Cidona. I dont really know what it means to be Irish anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

kstand wrote: »
    County first. There are people who claim to be Irish but the only affinity I have with them is that it says the same nationality on our passports and that we have eaten Taytos or drank Cidona. I dont really know what it means to be Irish anymore.

And you have an affinity with every single resident of your County?

I dont really know what it means to be Irish anymore

anymore?, that suggests you did know at one time !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

What does it mean to be Irish ......... I'll go out on a limb here and say it means you were born and raised on the island of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

BoatMad wrote: »
    anymore?, that suggests you did know at one time !!!

Tayto and Cidona. He answered his own question!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Tayto and Cidona. He answered his own question!

Now a Northern Irish company , the other wholly owned by a Uk company

which neatly encapsulates the conundrum of being " irish :pac:

Advertisement