Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2010\2011 hatchback

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Car was sold last week :(
    Can I ask again before I go around dealers
    What interval is timing belt/chain to be replaced in the 1.6L diesel 2010/2011 golf ?

http://www.woodlandmotorco.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Golf/1.6-TDI/200914501934422450/
    Is that mileage very high

still looking and after a very near miss with a UK import I'm still hoping to buy Irish and may have struck gold this evening with one that just appeared in a main dealer near me !
    2010 TL GOlf 1.6 TDi with only 52k miles
    problem is the price is outside our absolute max at the moment
    the ad says it's 11999 retail or 13499 with a trade in
    our absolute max is 11k. simply can't go over it
    I would be happy to get that for 11k and I think that's the max it's worth.
    there are 2011 higher spec models the same price but with a lot higher mileage .
    But will is it realisitic to think I can get it for 11k?
    normally ya would be able to get 1000 knocked off but the wording of the ad (retail/trade in price )has me wondering ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it's cheaper than all the comparable ones then maybe not. No harm in trying. Usually if a car is priced to sell, you won't get much else off.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If it's cheaper than all the comparable ones then maybe not. No harm in trying. Usually if a car is priced to sell, you won't get much else off.

tis at the very top of the prices I've seen BUT milage is very low !
    it's more the wording of the ad that has thrown me a bit

Links to da ad?

• Advertisement

Nothing unusual in the wording of that. TBH I doubt there's much more leeway in the price. You're buying from a main dealer which is worth a bit in terms of warranty.

Nothing unusual in the wording of that. TBH I doubt there's much more leeway in the price. You're buying from a main dealer which is worth a bit in terms of warranty.

yeah I think you may be right
    if the car is suitable I really need to get it down to 11k but don't think it will happen
    another dealer ringing me about a UK import tomorrow . 2010 also higher spec (Match) but 30/40 k more mileage. will be 11k but further away and a bit more hassle . And as I said I've already has one close shave with a prospective UK import!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-1-6tdi-105bhp-5dr-low-kms/11880892

Asking €11950. Might get for 11. Worth a shot.

Does it have to be a golf?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-1-6tdi-105bhp-5dr-low-kms/11880892

Asking €11950. Might get for 11. Worth a shot.

Does it have to be a golf?
    thanks it does and time is now a problem so has to be near galway !
    tbh I'm gonna look at that one tomorrow , if it's suitable I'll try tie it up at 11k
    if not I'll go for the import

• Advertisement

I think the op is ruling out higher (than low) mileage cars,

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As you know low mileage Golfs go for crazy money. Most 5 or 6 year old diesels especially Golfs are going to have around 100k miles on them at this stage. I'd be a bit suspicious of the ones that don't that are going cheap.

bazz26 wrote: »
    As you know low mileage Golfs go for crazy money. Most 5 or 6 year old diesels especially Golfs are going to have around 100k miles on them at this stage. I'd be a bit suspicious of the ones that don't that are going cheap.

oh yeah I'm happy to buy one with 80\90k on them
    just thinking about this one more
    is it actually not a bad thing for a diesel to have such low mileage ?
    that's less than 10k a year! do they not need to be driven a bit more than that ?

Rang them there and I'd say I may get it for 11!
    no alloys though which has disappointed the wife :D

Right I now have the choice of 2 1.6 tdi golfs
    First one is the Irish one
    52k miles Trendline no alloys one lady owner 11999 but hopefully 11
    Or
    One coming in from uk
    82 k miles buts it's a Match and will be 11000

Would the timing belt be due in that now ?

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there about the intervals on these, even from different VW dealers. 5 years does seem to be a common timescale for the belt though, mileage aside.

Jon done
    Got the Irish one for 11 k
    Thanks for the help :)

This the one from Windsor?

This the one from Windsor?

Yep
    No alloys or Bluetooth the only downside

• Advertisement