Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Arsenal

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Dier lucky man...stupid foul :mad:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

dier lucky not to be off

I think we're choking. Everytime it's looks like we'll go top the nerves set in.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Strange sub?

Surely a game for Chadli. I dont have much time for Mason. Maybe against the likes of Bournemouth and Villa. Not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It's coming

• Advertisement

To do is to dare. All out attack. We can win this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

calm walker you brain dead panicker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Least Arsenal deserved, never made the extra man count. Didn't kick on for a third, instead sat back. Even stranger subbing Rose for Davies.

If not for the sending off, Arsenal would have claimed all three points.

Disjointed display.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We definitely made the extra man count, just not for long enough. Fair play to Wenger, he went attacking at the end and they could have knicked it. Poor defending for the 2nd goal, and we stepped off at the end.

Has to be seen as points lost for us given the red card.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Terrible result. If we want to be winning titles these are must win games. Don't get opportunities like that. Have to question the substitutions. Why didnt we see Chadli? Disappointing. Feels like a loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Spurs bottled it im afraid

Strange decision to play more direct after they went down to ten. Thought we would have kept possession and drawn them out and made the most if the extra man.

Kiith wrote: »
    We definitely made the extra man count, just not for long enough. Fair play to Wenger, he went attacking at the end and they could have knicked it. Poor defending for the 2nd goal, and we stepped off at the end.

Has to be seen as points lost for us given the red card.

What? It looked the other way round, Arsenal had much the better chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Fairly disjointed performance today, but we keep them behind us.

The team looked tired again today in patches.

They don't seem to be getting to the bounce of the ball in 50/50.

Passing wasn't as crisp as it should be.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

fcking hearth breaking. Should have gone full throttle after the second, same old stuff mind. If watford get anything out of today it'll be remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

DaDerv wrote: »
    Terrible result. If we want to be winning titles these are must win games. .
    I concur with this. Everton away was another one. You just hope were holding off going top until the last few games :o
    But in truth I think we bottled it today.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Disappointed alright. Pray for Watford is really the only way to salvage anything out of this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

2-1 up at home against 10 men, got to see it out. I imagine it will be a battle now to stay in the top 4. Utd in form, city with two games in hand. Certainly need to win our next two home games before we go to anfield.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Title is wide open, nine games left. At least were in the hunt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

1 point from the last 2 games is bad, but 19 from the last 24 is still pretty damn good and we'd have absolutely taken that 8 games ago. We are definitely still in contention for the title, especially if Watford get anything out of their game today. It was very disappointing to not win today, but lets not call it quits yet.
    Sugarlumps wrote: »
    What? It looked the other way round, Arsenal had much the better chances.

We scored 2 goals in 10 minutes after he was sent off. Definitely gave us an advantage, we just didn't keep the momentum going in our favour for long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

Said draw before the game but when we went 2 -1up.it looked like we had 10 men.reckon there is a few tired bodies out there.Dier will be gone for 2 games shortly on 9 yellows now.win against villa and Bournemouth and we can maintain out position.COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Very disappointed with the result...

2 things annoyed me most..

1. Why did we start to play very defensive after scoring 2nd goal against ten men? Looks like to me we were trying to run the clock down from 70 minutes which back fired. I am not sure if this is the reason.

2. The subs were terrible..I understand about Lamela (enjoyed his pressing), but Mason for Lamela? No sign of Chadli even though he loves to play against Arsenal.

Son got token minutes to change the game..we are ruining his confidence as well.

In my opinion, Alli was not in the game at all.

I hope we do not get hiding from Dortmund otherwise I fear for the worst...

Is it me or the shades of last year are appearing in this team? We went flat after winning against Chelsea last year...We did the pressing for 30-35 minutes then we just got tired.

09_09_09 wrote:
    Is it me or the shades of last year are appearing in this team? We went flat after winning against Chelsea last year...We did the pressing for 30-35 minutes then we just got tired.

... when arsenal started to play us at our own game - pressing, harassing etc we looked worn out. Westham did something similar. Hope we haven't been sussed.

Thank F it's villa after Dortmund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

So give a few key players a rest for villa or is that risking three easy points? Or start as normal, hit them hard and fast then make the subs to see the game out?. Worried fatigue is setting in and opposition pressing will be tough to resist

• Registered Users Posts: 13,747 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Nice to have Villa up next, they are very poor and hopefully its an easy enough win for us to settle nerves, regrow some confidence and push on to the end of the season. Shame we couldn't get the win against Arsenal, and the West Ham game mid-week was a kick in the nutts, but we still have every opportunity here to win the league, if we score at the rate of 19/24 in the last 8 games like we did in this previous 8 games then you wouldn't bet against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Inquitus wrote: »
    Nice to have Villa up next, they are very poor and hopefully its an easy enough win for us to settle nerves, regrow some confidence and push on to the end of the season. Shame we couldn't get the win against Arsenal, and the West Ham game mid-week was a kick in the nutts, but we still have every opportunity here to win the league, if we score at the rate of 19/24 in the last 8 games like we did in this previous 8 games then you wouldn't bet against us.

We thought the same about N. Castle game and we got kicked in the nuts..We definitely need to play a strong team against A. Villa to make sure we get three points. No ifs and buts...

Now I think Dortmund will crush us as they are flying at the moment. I just do not want to see the players lose momentum at this crucial period. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Now I think Dortmund will crush us as they are flying at the moment. I just do not want to see the players lose momentum at this crucial period. Fingers crossed.

I think the same. Dortmund play there same 3-4-3 formation west ham killed us with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

09_09_09 wrote: »

1. Why did we start to play very defensive after scoring 2nd goal against ten men? Looks like to me we were trying to run the clock down from 70 minutes which back fired. I am not sure if this is the reason.

I said this while watching the match. We should have been killing off the game.

Even the psychology of bringing Mason on for Lamela. It just screams 'defensive' at the lads who are on the pitch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement