Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Arsenal

Options
  • 04-03-2016 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭

Alright, I'm taking a stab in the dark here and posting my first match thread in god knows how long.

Really is a bold move considering how important this game is.

Arguably the best time this season to be playing at home to Arsenal. Cech & Koscielny out and they've been on a downward spiral the past few weeks. Easily our best chance to stake a claim to Leicester that we mean business and will fight them for the title.

It was a pretty poor performance against West Ham but I didn't expect it to be easy. Play with the intensity they had against a Swansea team that went on to beat arsenal 3 days later and I reckon we'll win comfortably. Its all about whether Poch has been able to settle his side down in preparation for the biggest 10 games any of us have witnessed in a Spurs season since the Gary Mabbutt & Gareth Crooks days in the 80's when we could have done it then.

Dembele and Alli expecting to start who were sorely missed on Wednesday I'd have to back a Spurs win.

3-1. Its daring but you have to just hope.

Lloris
    Walker alderwiereld wimmer rose
    Lamela dembele dier eriksen
    Alli
    Kane

That's a Premier league winning starting 11 in my books.

Come on you Spurs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭larry1

Heading over in the morning for my first ever NLD. Butterflies already... MASSIVE GAME... COYS!

Prediction: 2-1 (Kane with the winner) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

One of the few games I truly get excited about, last seasons game was fúcking amazing. Blitzed, from start to finish.

Arsenal haven't kicked on, they've stagnated. They'll be kicking themselves with the way the league has panned out. Dominating and looking down, that's how they perceived this season.

It's a derby, you either perform or go hiding. I'd expect a physical game, non stop attacking, defending me'h.

Koscielny is a huge loss, top player. West Ham was a blip. Depends on Arsenal's mentality tomorrow, we should be going for the jugular. No matter who plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

We is Building...They is Crumbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Biggest NLD in 55 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Over to this in the morning, getting giddy already :) COYS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not conceding early is key.

March 2016 - We were expected to win but rosicky scored in the 2nd minute and that was the way it finished. Current form goes out the window and it could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Not conceding early is key.

March 2016 - We were expected to win but rosicky scored in the 2nd minute and that was the way it finished. Current form goes out the window and it could go either way.

This your prediction???:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

This your prediction???

Ha. No, I think we will win.

We could absolutely smash them but I'll take a one nil win via an o.g. of the arse of Walcott and be delighted.

I reckon 3-2 or 4-2 to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Biggest NLD in 55 years

91 semi? when the FA cup meant so much, no one expected us to show up...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

91 semi? when the FA cup meant so much, no one expected us to show up...

91 was massive but not as big as this one for me

55 years since we won the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

A win against Arsenal and we are in with a big shout,I feel it will be a draw. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Come on Spurs. Win this, please, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Who's going to mayes in the morning. I've never been but I'm going tomorrow, I've heard its great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

tom1ie wrote: »
    Who's going to mayes in the morning. I've never been but I'm going tomorrow, I've heard its great craic!

I'll be at a pub in Brisbane with about 50 Brisbane Spurs fans.

We usually go to an English pub that has all fans there but got an agreement with a smaller pub to be our own Maye's here. Only Spurs fans allowed. Gonna be mental!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

just about to jet off, don't think I've ever been more excited/nervous for a game in my life.

Believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

EoinMoran wrote: »
    just about to jet off, don't think I've ever been more excited/nervous for a game in my life.

Believe.

I hope you have a great day that you'l remember for years.

Three points, that's what we want!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

I'm on edge all morning- what a test of our Spursy label today. I really think we'll do it, especially if Dembele plays.

50 was an underestimate. About 100 spurs fans here in our own bar! Great atmosphere..

COYS

What a lineup lads. Exactly what I said in my first post. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    What a lineup lads. Exactly what I said in my first post. COYS!

Thank Christ the Moose is back. No excuses now. Let's do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial nowView translation
    #THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose; Dembele, Dier; Lamela, Eriksen, Alli; Kane #COYS

Good team,please do the business now .................coys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

THFC subs: Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Carroll, Chadli, Mason, Son

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Be a good start too the weekend to see you turn them over and being a Utd fan,it'll help us as well if we do our job tomorrow. COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Oh God, it's here!

COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

good save ospina!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

Lamalla at nothing.

facking lamela constantly giving the ball away. booked already.. chadli on pls poch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We're completely in control, but not had many really good chances. We need to get something out of this possession, and the longer it goes on the more I'll worry they'll grab the lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lamella has had a good game, I fear he'll be served his walking papers.

Advertisement