Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW29 Captain Thread(TC Aguero?).

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

As much as I'm tempted otherwise, I'll stick with aguero normal captain

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Anyone not going to captain Aguero? I'm thinking Firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

siblers wrote: »
    Anyone not going to captain Aguero? I'm thinking Firmino

If Agüero wasn't such a stand out option (and therefore dangerous notto captain) I'd be tempted by a punt on Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Aguero normal captain for me.

Keeping those precious extra 2 (TC) points for a rainier day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Not Willian. Been there done that! FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

gammygils wrote: »
    Not Willian. Been there done that! FFS!

Captained him last week. Some disaster.

Going with Aguero standard captain today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Aguero. Double Captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

forgot to change it. still on arnie. balls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I went with Siggy vs Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,047 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What are people's thoughts on Aguero's scoring as a treble captain number? He was a penalty away from making it an excellent choice IMO. Score it and he is on 17 and a pretty tasty choice. I don't know if 11 is massively impressing me though.

I'll be playing mine during a double gameweek for sure. If I can get my player to get a goal in one of the games, taking the bonus points to boot, I'll have matched Aguero's tally this weekend even if he blanks in the other. I'd back myself to do that but we will see.

This post isn't meant as an 'I told you so' in the slightest. Hindsight is 20/20 and look at how close he was to the hattrick but I think it is worthy of analysis nonetheless considering this is the first year of these new chips and more than likely we're going to face all these choices again next year.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I used triple captain yesterday. Still have wildcard, AOA and bench boost to use. I'd be hoping to out score a triple captain chip using my bench boost and captain scores combined on a double game week. Thoughts? (Captain score + bench boost points during dgw > triple captain).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

CSF wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Aguero's scoring as a treble captain number? He was a penalty away from making it an excellent choice IMO. Score it and he is on 17 and a pretty tasty choice. I don't know if 11 is massively impressing me though.

I'll be playing mine during a double gameweek for sure. If I can get my player to get a goal in one of the games, taking the bonus points to boot, I'll have matched Aguero's tally this weekend even if he blanks in the other. I'd back myself to do that but we will see.

This post isn't meant as an 'I told you so' in the slightest. Hindsight is 20/20 and look at how close he was to the hattrick but I think it is worthy of analysis nonetheless considering this is the first year of these new chips and more than likely we're going to face all these choices again next year.

Thoughts?

I'll take anything over 10 points for my DGW TC but 20 points is my goal

I used triple captain yesterday. Still have wildcard, AOA and bench boost to use. I'd be hoping to out score a triple captain chip using my bench boost and captain scores combined on a double game week. Thoughts? (Captain score + bench boost points during dgw > triple captain).
    Where does the captain score come into it though? Captain score is a constant in every week so really you should just be comparing the bench boost difference versus the treble captain. Particularly as there will be more than one DGW so it isn't a either or situation. This is coming from someone who wasted his Bench Boost however so I'm not exactly promoting my own strategy used as the optimal one. But I'll likely have 11 DGW players for 34 so it won't be too bad. Just limits me to a little less freedom all along the way while I ensure I get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CSF wrote:

Thoughts?

I'm disappointed with 11 although 17 would have been great. 16 points was the number I had in mind of what I was hoping for.

I'm not sure why you're saying a goal = 3 bonus as this usually isn't the case.

spock. wrote: »
    I'm disappointed with 11 although 17 would have been great. 16 points was the number I had in mind of what I was hoping for.

I'm not sure why you're saying a goal = 3 bonus as this usually isn't the case.
    I didn't say it equals, I said if. FWIW, taking this week as a very small sample size (no way am I doing a more extensive sample, thats where the likes of busts or FHFC come in), over 50% of strikers who got a goal also got 3 bonus this weekend, so its not an unrealistic thing to hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I would have been happy enough with Aguero's haul this week if I had TCed him. Lukaku could be worth a shot if Everton have a triple.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I would have been happy enough with Aguero's haul this week if I had TCed him. Lukaku could be worth a shot if Everton have a triple.

Is that a likelihood? I would be all over that like a rash!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lemlin wrote: »

What GW do we think this is a possibility. I was saying for city DGW, but this could be awesome for Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What GW do we think this is a possibility. I was saying for city DGW, but this could be awesome for Lukaku.

If it were to happen it would be GW37.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Busts had mentioned perhaps GW37.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

What are the chances in reality of a triple GW for Everton and Lukaku starting and finishing all 3 games.

Resisted temptation of using it on Augero this week and delighted i didnt.

I think there is more value later on in a Double game week maybe Silva or Ozil perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    What are the chances in reality of a triple GW for Everton and Lukaku starting and finishing all 3 games.

Resisted temptation of using it on Augero this week and delighted i didnt.

I think there is more value later on in a Double game week maybe Silva or Ozil perhaps?

If everton or palace make the FA cup sf. Everton will have 3 games to refix between now and the end of the season. GW 34 and gw37 are the weeks when games will be refixed all things being equal. Everton could have a game refixed for a monday night fixture the week of a european games I guess. It will either be a dgw and a tgw for everton or 3 dgws for everton between gw34 and gw37. There is a chance of a league game being refixed for the monday after an fa cup sf which would mean no blank in 35 and just 2 games to be refixed. As you say will lukaku start all 3 games in a TGW. I reckon if he is in with a chance of the golden boot and everton arent in an fa cup final there is a fair chance he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

If everton or palace make the FA cup sf. Everton will have 3 games to refix between now and the end of the season. GW 34 and gw37 are the weeks when games will be refixed all things being equal. Everton could have a game refixed for a monday night fixture the week of a european games I guess. It will either be a dgw and a tgw for everton or 3 dgws for everton between gw34 and gw37. There is a chance of a league game being refixed for the monday after an fa cup sf which would mean no blank in 35 and just 2 games to be refixed. As you say will lukaku start all 3 games in a TGW. I reckon if he is in with a chance of the golden boot and everton arent in an fa cup final there is a fair chance he could.

Even if he didnt, there is still way more chance Lukaku even plays 2 games from a triple than there is that Kun will play both games from a double imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

If everton or palace make the FA cup sf. Everton will have 3 games to refix between now and the end of the season. GW 34 and gw37 are the weeks when games will be refixed all things being equal. Everton could have a game refixed for a monday night fixture the week of a european games I guess. It will either be a dgw and a tgw for everton or 3 dgws for everton between gw34 and gw37. There is a chance of a league game being refixed for the monday after an fa cup sf which would mean no blank in 35 and just 2 games to be refixed.
    Can't they have DGW34, DGW37 & DGW38? I mean is it impossible that they play a game after GW38, like the day before EL final (or let's say the day of the EL final at 5pm, a bit like Barça did earlier in La Liga) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

iroced wrote: »
    Can't they have DGW34, DGW37 & DGW38? I mean is it impossible that they play a game after GW38, like the day before EL final (or let's say the day of the EL final at 5pm, a bit like Barça did earlier in La Liga) ?

Would never be allowed in England, I think the Barca game was 6PM local time. 5PM would not give people any time to get to it from work

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

It is absolutely impossible that a team would be allowed play after gw38
    All games on the final game week have to be at the same time never mind the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Little or no chance as depending on who they are playing it allows a team a chance to know what result they need to get cl, get El, avoid relegation etc. Even when you consider that every finishing place in the Pl is worth a certain amount of money it's also an unfair advantage for that.
    After hillsborough Liverpool played arsenal on the Friday after all league games were finished but that was an exceptional circumstance and also both clubs were 1 and 2 in the league and only the two teams involved's league finishing position would be affected by the result of the game.

Advertisement