Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW29 Captain Thread(TC Aguero?).

Options
  • 03-03-2016 4:18am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Who to pick this weekend?

Normal captain Aguero or hit the TC button?

EDIT:
    Did Hiddink say Costa was going to be rested in one of two games(either nor or STO), he played v nor, so may be rested this weekend.

EDIT, EDIT: Can't believe I left out Vardy and Mahrez - apologies, can't edit poll.:(

GW 29 Captain? 117 votes

Aguero(Normal captain) - ASV
    0% 0 votes
    Aguero(TC) - ASV
    76% 90 votes
    Costa - STO
    16% 19 votes
    Lukaku - WHU
    2% 3 votes
    Kane - ARS
    0% 1 vote
    Ozil - th
    0% 1 vote
    Rashford - wba
    0% 1 vote
    Payet - eve
    0% 0 votes
    Siggy - SUN
    0% 1 vote
    A. N. Other - please specify in thread.
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Aguero normal captain for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Aguero against Villa all day, after coming off a 3-0 loss as well they'll be looking to prove a point. Holding the TC for a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm right in saying Aguero will have a double (which it is depending on Chelsea's result in the FA Cup) still with the Newcastle game outstanding yeah?

With that in mind I can't justify letting loose on it this week, particularly with Aguero not on prime goalscoring form, as tempting as it is this week.

Single captain it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Going with Aguero normal captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Last night made my mind up on the TC issue. Aguero normal captain for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Aguero triple captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Getting very tempted by a TC.... Aguero's form was very poor coming into the Newcastle game and he was still auto captain for most of us. City also got hammered by Spurs in advance of it.

I might just do it.

Will get my Kun Vodoo Doll out then for GW31.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So basically we're all going to talk each other into the TC by Saturday morning and then the immediate and collective gasp of "I've made a huge mistake" as soon as the deadline passes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

So basically we're all going to talk each other into the TC by Saturday morning and then the immediate and collective gasp of "I've made a huge mistake" as soon as the deadline passes :pac:

Pretty much !
    I'm swinging back toward it
    Actually just looking at the heads going for it and it's like Balotelli all over again so I'll leave it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

After changing my mind now, was dead set on Kun but Firmino is tempting me again. 3 double digit scores in his last 5 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Cech out, worth a gamble on Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I'd see how Kane does against Arsenal first. If he does look his sharpest again, I'd be tempted to TC him vs Aston Villa next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Hococop wrote: »
    Cech out, worth a gamble on Kane?

Nah he isn't a great Keeper...

lougal88 wrote: »
    Nah he isn't a great Keeper...

Yeah I saw him in that Europa game bad goal he conceded

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Going to stick the TC on someone playing twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Although City have a double have week at some stage, it is possible that Aguero might not start both games if City are still in the CL?

It's possible. Wouldn't be many quarter final teams id fancy City to go past though so their other important games may end then.

Worth considering also that with City's next few fixtures they're unlikely to drop out of the title race. As long as they're in it and chasing they're unlikely to rest much.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I believe I'm the one who began the talk of Triple Captain Aguero.

I'm just going to keep the normal captaincy on him. I'll regret it when he scores a hatrick but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

For triple captain to be worthwhile in a sgw the player you pick must outscore whoever you captain in a dgw even though that player has two games.
    For example a hat trick will get you 17 pts a great outcome. So you have to think will the player I captain in 34 or 37 get higher or lower than 17. He needs to get lower than 17 for it to have been worthwhile to TC in gw29. You hAve to combine your two scores the sgw you TC and the dgw you couldn't TC . I was half considering a TC this week but when you look at the figures it doesn't make any sense.

• Advertisement

I think the bonus points are the big factor here. For a hattrick you're getting 17 points. For 1 goal in each game of a DGW you're looking at a ceiling of 18.

For 2 goals in a DGW versus 1 goal in one of the 2 games you're looking at a 13 ceiling vs a ceiling of 11.

That 2nd paragraph is the killer for me. Anybody would be chuffed with 2 goals and max bonus points as a result for the captain. It's difficult to achieve, I doubt Aguero is odds on for 2 or more. But it's only marginally seeing out one goal over 180 minutes. The odds of one goal over 180 minutes are obviously a lot shorter too.

You're looking at a 2 points head start plus 90 minutes plus extra potential bonus advantage going with the DGW. I'd find that too big a handicap at home to Burton Albion to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You're all losing the plot.
    1. Aguero will be broken again soon, or if not,
    2. He'll be rested for Newcastle.

It's a TC all the way for me this week. I scoff at this talk of him only getting a hatrick :)

(I'm getting closer to doing it but will probably chicken out)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I would put it on Kane but the early kick off is really putting me off but if he blanks I'll be in a foul mood for the rest of the weekend :pac:

siblers wrote: »
    I would put it on Kane but the early kick off is really putting me off but if he blanks I'll be in a foul mood for the rest of the weekend :pac:

I'm going with kane, Cech and kos out, dembele back and alli should play,

Tempted by Silva but thinking villa could cause trouble to a team soon again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

PARlance wrote:
    You're all losing the plot.
    1. Aguero will be broken again soon, or if not,
    2. He'll be rested for Newcastle.

It's a TC all the way for me this week. I scoff at this talk of him only getting a hatrick :)

(I'm getting closer to doing it but will probably chicken out)

Do it, I don't want to be alone on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Screw it, I've gone for the Triple Captain on Aguero.

City mightn't be playing well, but Aston Villa are diabolical, 11 goals conceded in the last 3 games. While Aguero blanked against Liverpool and Spurs, he got 6 in his previous 4 league games, so he's not that out of form.

And while, all other things being equal, it makes more sense to use it in a DGW, I'll be BBing in GW34, and none of the other possible options are jumping out at me.

So, here goes nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

All this talk of TC Aguero has me very very tempted! Quite a few at the top of my work league don't even have him so a good haul would all but close the gap....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Already used my TC on Aguero in GW8 :cool::cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Standard Kun. Saving my TC for PVA. ;)

I reckon there's a bad vibe in the dressing room over Pellegrini's imminent departure. Look at their results since the announcement. Good luck to the TCs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I've been very very very tempted by TCing Aguero this week. With Arsenal (home to Villa) in GW38, it's the best fixture of the remaining season, even accounting for DGWs (DGW34 is excluded since in my reasoning it was the BB GW). There are all the hopes of a Newcastle 2.0 return.

But City aren't playing great lately. Granted it was similar before Newcastle. But I just don't trust them. So Agüero normal captain and I'll keep TC for later.

Advertisement