Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

See you Jimmy! Aye you, ya bawbag!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

You forgot Big Country. Pure class.

Give the thread an oul bump so i can put this up. Stuart Adamson in his hey day. Gifted. Gone before his time.
    https://youtu.be/K939gnROUPQ

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Why are all the greatest rock bands Scottish?

Deacon Blue, Del Amitri, Wet Wet Wet, Nazareth, Simple Minds, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Primal Scream, The Proclaimers. . .

Why are they so far ahead of us with class bands when we ruled their asses for thousands of years? It's not fair. Which bands can reinstate our title as the owners of North Atlantic Rock?

every single one of those bands bar the J&MC are pish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Rezillos kicked ass in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Actually think Travis were pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

But Simple Minds were outstanding. Not the stadium thumping post 85 political stuff, but the more synth and dance output prior to then. Theme for Great Cities is one of the greatest tracks ever...

https://vimeo.com/11682017

There's some great stuff on the early Simple Minds albums. It's a shame they continued making music after the mid 1980s because it's pish in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Missed the Sensational Alex Harvey Band

There's some great stuff on the early Simple Minds albums. It's a shame they continued making music after the mid 1980s because it's pish in comparison.

Yep, Sons and Fascination/Sister Feelings Call, New Gold Dream, Sparkle in the Rain..all excellent. Liked Once Upon a Time and Street Fighting Years, but they had crossed over into anthemic stadium busting stuff by then and Mick McNeill's influence was waning. Real Life was okay, Good News From the Next World was awful, never bothered buying anything by them after that, though did like the odd effort like Cry.

Now, when I think of Scottish music, I think of Boards of Canada.

Advertisement