Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

FHFC wrote: »
    Barkley to Siggy.

I'll probably do this too. Who are the other good options, I have Ozil, Mahrez, Alli and Payet and about 2 million.
    Arnie I guess, anyone else? I have a temporary strong front 8 at the moment so I might also use my AoA chip....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Kompany and Yaya in for Ward and Sanchez I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm thinking Kompany in for O'Shea (who doesn't have a GW30 game). Currently have Dawson and Bellerin also in defence. Pretty likely both of those will miss out. And Kompany in for the Villa game is good timing (although, the way this season is gone, Kompany will miss a penatly, score an og, and be sent off).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Taught son Silva after tonight lads?
    He is the only suitable replacement for Sanchez and has a peach of a game week.
    Will he be rested doh!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Need to get rid of Ighalo - already have Vardy and Kun. Kane has not impressed me and Costa and Lukaku both blank in GW 30 which is putting me off them.

Open to a 2 or 3 week punt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Need to get rid of Ighalo - already have Vardy and Kun. Kane has not impressed me and Costa and Lukaku both blank in GW 30 which is putting me off them.

Open to a 2 or 3 week punt!

Afobe falls into the punt category. Decent enough fixtures for the next 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Oh would never have thought of him - nice idea - thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ighalo

Where to get the 0.2m?

Forster, Butland

Ward, Toby, Bellerin, Nyom, Daniels

Payet, Alli, Silva, Ozil, Mahrez

Kane, Vardy

Thoughts please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Ward to Simpson? Maybe even to Targett if you want to rely on the other 4.

Payet to Arnautovic, Sigurdsson/Ayew or anyone with a GW30 fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Had planned on bringing in Aguero but can see him being rested, Pellergini mentioned the team being tired so can see him making several changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Augero can't be rested though. He's streets ahead of anything else in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Schmeichel Butland
    Dier Bellerin van Dijk Dawson Daniels
    Sanchez Payet Mahrez Alli Wanyama
    Aguero Kane Vardy

2 FT, 2.7 itb

Does Bellerin -> Williams and Wanyama -> Siggy look the right play here? Not a fan of a strong front 8 but I'm going to be wildcarding pretty soon anyway so I'll put up with it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

2 FT.

Barry & Bolasie in. Sanchez & Payet out. :pac:.

@ Scorpion Sting: Your double Swansea move makes perfect sense. And that's the problem this season :pac:. Nah more seriously, it looks great for the week-end. I presume Siggy was just rested a bit tonight so should start at the week-end. It also sets you up nicely for GW30.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

iroced wrote: »
    2 FT.

Barry & Bolasie in. Sanchez & Payet out. :pac:.

@ Scorpion Sting: Your double Swansea move makes perfect sense. And that's the problem this season :pac:. Nah more seriously, it looks great for the week-end. I presume Siggy was just rested a bit tonight so should start at the week-end. It also sets you up nicely for GW30.

Cheers, went ahead with the moves. Siggy was benched with the Norwich game in mind I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Schmeichel Butland
    Dier Bellerin van Dijk Dawson Daniels
    Sanchez Payet Mahrez Alli Wanyama
    Aguero Kane Vardy

2 FT, 2.7 itb

Does Bellerin -> Williams and Wanyama -> Siggy look the right play here? Not a fan of a strong front 8 but I'm going to be wildcarding pretty soon anyway so I'll put up with it for a while.

I'm bringing in Siggy, I'm happy enough to bench Alli for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Taught son Silva after tonight lads?
    He is the only suitable replacement for Sanchez and has a peach of a game week.
    Will he be rested doh!?

With villa in Gw 29 and good gw 30 fixture I think he may well be worth a punt-
    Nothing else I fancy with City and seems least likely attacker after Aguero to be dropped. Just deciding on him or siggy-

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any shouts for a Costa replacement? I have Kun and Vardy. Ideally I'd like someone who plays the blank and would have doubles.

Looking at fixtures, Afobe looks a decent shout with Newcastle away and Swansea home.

Although, I might just bank, play Costa and then get Harry back in for Villa in GW30.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Any shouts for a Costa replacement? I have Kun and Vardy. Ideally I'd like someone who plays the blank and would have doubles.

Looking at fixtures, Afobe looks a decent shout with Newcastle away and Swansea home.

Although, I might just bank, play Costa and then get Harry back in for Villa in GW30.

I'm looking to replace Sanchez or Giroud with either Yaya or Afobe. Depends more on which player I want to sell.

So yes I think Afobe is worth a punt but I'm finding it hard to choose between him and Yaya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Costa likely to blank, Chelsea said he would only play one of the two games this week, having said that the way the top 4 are playing that might change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

keano_afc wrote: »
    Augero can't be rested though. He's streets ahead of anything else in the league.
    Not the way he's playing at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Why so many axing Payet. ? Got 6 points last night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've changed my mind on bringing in a Man City player - rotation, form, and I don't want rid of Payet just yet. Instead Ward can finally go for a Southampton defender. My defenders have tough fixtures this weekend anyway so it should be a positive move and it's GW30-compliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Help Needed!!

Current team:

Cech-McCarthy
    Alder-Smith-VVD-Targett-Ivanovic
    Willian-Sanchez-Alli-Mahrez-Arnie
    Kane-Aguero-Vardy

Team is a mess. Had a nightmare week with 29 points total and my 2 transfers were a complete disaster.
    Brought in Ivanovic/Willian for Payet/Olsson.

1 FT and 4.2m itb.
    What do to with this? Wildcard maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Will Costa play at the weekend though?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Anyone think Aguero will be rested?

Villa at home is surely a mental game to not have him for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Cech out of the NLD, time to get Kane in.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Help Needed!!

Current team:

Cech-McCarthy
    Kane-Aguero-Vardy

Team is a mess. Had a nightmare week with 29 points total and my 2 transfers were a complete disaster.

1 FT and 4.2m itb.

I wouldn't wildcard yet.

You have 10 outfield players for GW 30 so you could bring in a keeper for that weekend with a free transfer.

Then you can wildcard with double GW 34 in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

lougal88 wrote: »
    Help Needed!!

Current team:

Cech-McCarthy
    Kane-Aguero-Vardy

1 FT and 4.2m itb.

You got one more week to hold on to your wildcard to prepare for the DGW, you can do this! I don't think your team is bad, and is in a great position for GW30.

I'd be tempted to get in one of Schmeichel, Boric or Elliot in goals who all have decent fixtures for the next two games. And, I hate to say it as an Arsenal fan, but I think you should play all three Spurs players (I probably am too). Willian should start on the weekend as well, his high work rate was probably the reason he was benched mid-week.

Schmeichel
    Ivanovic VVD Alder/Smith
    Willian Alli Mahrez Arnie
    Kane Aguero Vardy

I know starting Arnie is contradictive, but at least you have cover if Stoke do turn up and get a goal or two. Chelsea haven't kept a clean sheet in the last four games.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Any chance of hart been rotated or was it only for cup games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

I wouldn't wildcard yet.

You have 10 outfield players for GW 30 so you could bring in a keeper for that weekend with a free transfer.

Then you can wildcard with double GW 34 in mind.

That 10 you counted includes Targett though right? He's only started 2 of the last 5 so wouldn't be confident he will feature. Might be aswell to ship Sanchez now.

I really need to get a keeper for this week though. Cech won't play and neither will McCarthy.

Advertisement