Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Am I reading it wrong? It says up to nine in the article.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Kildare Now is not known for journalistic accuracy

Ah ok, thanks for that.

I wonder how the village is expected to cope with all the extra traffic given the current state of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I hear the developer was asked about a traffic management plan and is still falling around the place laughing at the thoughts of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a traffic management plan in the planning application. Personally I feel its fudged as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭you2008

Q- How many traffice lights from Maynooth to Galway - None

Q - How many traffice lights in Maynooth - oh Sh*t, I only have two hands to count 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

From Moyglare Hall to the motorway it's 13 sets of traffic lights which is a bit ridiculous!

There's been proposals for full lights to get out of Kingsbry and I could easily see lights at the main Moyglare Hall entrance too.

I've lived here long enough to remember the second set of pedestrian lights (Kingsbry); and the first junction lights (Main Street/Straffan Road) going in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

Good thing we're getting a "ring" road.

(Ring road may not actually be a ring, and will not remove college traffic from the town)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Do they still have maximus here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

That must be nearly finished now, right? 🤣

At least when that does get built it'll take a lot of the school runs (to the three primary schools down there) away from town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

KCC fixed Naas with the Ring roads be surprised if the same doesn't happen in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Yes, but the when part of it is forever delayed. Particularly for the Meath section

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭crl84

There's no one ring road.

There's 3, if not 4, different new roads planned to circumnavigate Maynooth at different spots.

Straffan Road->Celbridge Road - Goes down by Lidl and through Mullen Park/Griffin Rath. Will be open when Mullen Park is finished, Griffin Rath part is already complete.

Celbridge Rd->Leixlip/old Dublin Rd. - Junction beside the Educate Together school, crosses the fields, and comes out between the Dunboyne Rd junction and Pikes Bridge. There were several routes across private land, but final one has been decided I think, and is out for consultation or something at the moment. Maps have been posted in this thread before.

Moyglare Hall/new School road->R157(road to Dunboyne) - the small bit on the Kildare side at Moyglare Hall has been there for years, it is very close to the border into Meath there, and nothing has been done on the Meath side in a long time AFAIK. I think the plan was a completely new road with roundabout somewhere up there. Can't really remember the details.

Newtown Rd->Kilcock Rd. - A road to run from the Maynooth side of the flyover bridge, parallel to the M4, joining to the L5041 (Jacksons Bridge road) and on to the Kilcock road. I think this has been long abandoned/forgotten about, as I haven't seen mention of it in years. Extending the main road through Newtown Hall to the L5041 would probably make more sense for it now. I doubt any road will get built on that side of town for 10+ years though tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ecotec101

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any idea what is happening to the apartments where 'Silken Gardens' is/was? Opposite Tesco direction! Can't see any details on any of the auctioneers sites.

cheers

I've felt for a while now that North Kildare itself could do with a ring road rather than looking at the individual issues towns are having. An outer M50 if you'd like. Easier access from the M4 to the M7 for a start taking out Clane for Example.

The Leinster outer orbital has been discussed but it's not going to happen. Would probably have started at the M7/M9 junction and gone around to Drogheda on the M1

Regarding the ring road, Cllr Angela Feeney put this on Facebook. It sounds like there's been some progress, maybe...?

Update on issues I raised at today’s Council Meeting:

The Council’s Senior Engineer gave a presentation at the meeting on road projects for the Municipal District. Regarding the Maynooth Eastern Ring Road, we were informed that the CPO process and discussions that recently took place with landowners went well and that the design is 95% complete. As this is a LIHAF project, KCC is working closely with the Department of Housing on it and as soon as the Council gets the green light from the Department, the construction can commence.

• Advertisement

Lads,

If anyone is around tomorrow morning I'm going to bring my Kangoo down and get rid of that poxy traffic Island just outside the glenroyal. It is causing absolute havoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

No dates were given though so it's just more talk until contractors are actually on-site!

The one up at Moyglare hall disappeared a few weeks ago! Was it you? :)

No. But pin a medal on the chest of the man/woman who did.

The design and layout of the left / right turns at certain junctions, including the meadowbrook link road is a disgrace.

At the meadowbrook link road going onto the straffan road the left turn lane should be far longer. Instead we have 2 footpaths on the one side, a bike lane and grass. Plenty of room to extend it.

Yeah, true. I thought the talk of sorting CPOs might be promising. I'll admit I don't know what I'm talking about though 😋

I spoke to the Senior Engineer in KCC when the Moyglare road was being upgraded and he said they hated CPO'ing stuff as it inevitably just stalled projects and made life difficult for them, god forbid!! They avoided it on the Moyglare road which is why we have the mess that it is, far better than what was there before but far short of what was possible just to save CPOing a few meters of some gardens. Just look at how dangerous the path at the GAA clubhouse is and KCC recently granted permission to make it worse with the wall on the adjoining house! https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3884537,-6.597275,3a,75y,311.84h,71.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPyoXoRakof71I-Yh0a47XA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

It's like KCC doesn't think anyone would walk, how the footpaths at manor mills with doors opening onto the footpath ever past a planners desk is beyond me. They link the town to the university, boy's primary school and the largest secondary school campus in the country. Manor Mills and the Apartments opposite were developed in the last 20 years and we still ended up with those footpaths! With all the new housing and associated property taxes, there is no excuse not to fix these issues.

Not to mention all the businesses on the Main Street blocking the footpath with their pathetic advertising boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 batista

Is there any update on the new fire station? I’ve heard that it’s going in right beside Mullen Park in the green area that’s fenced off. I took a drive round there and if so it’ll be on the doorstep of the row they are currently building closest to Lidl. Can’t find any official details on it but it’d be good to actually see plans etc, could be quite noisy and an eye sore if that’s where it’s going

Advertisement