Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 debbysoap

I was in 216 and there was another column beside mine so I'd say about 250 people, more or less. Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Thanks Debby! How did you find the exam?
    I was slap bang in the middle of the 6th row and couldn't see who was behind me. I estimated approx 150 but my head was in such a state I wouldn't trust that number!! I'm drained today. It really wore me out.

I wish I took the day off! :P Apparently everybody gets the questions in a different order in the exam. Not sure if that's true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ilovesmecounty

Me too. I'm a zombie at work! I have a renewed respect for kids completing that leaving cert marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 debbysoap

Thanks Debby! How did you find the exam?

I wish I took the day off! :P Apparently everybody gets the questions in a different order in the exam. Not sure if that's true though.

Yeah I wouldn't doubt that it's true cos of the booklet numbers we'd to record on the answer sheets.

I'd say that the overall exam was noticeably different to the sample papers (bar section 2) but there's really nothing worth worrying about at this stage. Just gonna take each day as it comes, I have enough uni work to occupy me anyway haha! Fingers crossed still everyone; we really just won't know how we did until results are out.

Me too. I'm a zombie at work! I have a renewed respect for kids completing that leaving cert marathon.

• Advertisement

Did anybody go to the UL Open Day on Saturday? I was really impressed with the place.

So hard to get excited when you're waiting on GAMSAT results though! Most people seem to think the exam was a disaster after they sit it, so although that was the case for me I'm still hoping everything will be OK on results day. :P

Hi I had planned on going but the weather was so horrific, I decided it wasn't worth travelling cross country. I actually just relaunced back into the study over the past week, focusing on March. I was too traumatised by September to even oven a book until last Monday!

Hi I had planned on going but the weather was so horrific, I decided it wasn't worth travelling cross country. I actually just relaunced back into the study over the past week, focusing on March. I was too traumatised by September to even oven a book until last Monday!

The weather was pretty bad alright! The school looks really good. They had four different sessions on that different groups got to rotate through. One was in the clinical room, there was a PBL session, a brief tour of the anatomy room, and surgery where people had a brief go at using a laproscope ! There was an intro talk in the morning, and in the afternoon after all the different sessions some of the students gave a talk. Really impressed with the place! There's an open day in RCSI on Saturday November 4th I believe. I'm not going to go to it as I'm not based in Dublin, but if you're free it might be worth checking it out.

Well done for getting back into the study! Fingers crossed it will go well for you. I've done absolutely nothing, going to wait for the results. If I have to sit it again I'm going to spend more time practising questions, and getting better at data analysis. I'm also going to learn off essays for section II if I have to do it again.

These were the release dates in previous years:

Year March Sitting September Sitting
    2017 May 18, 2017 -
    2016 May 12, 2016 November 10, 2016
    2015 May 11, 2015 November 12, 2015
    2014 May 16, 2014 November 18, 2014
    2013 May 17, 2013 November 19, 2013
    2012 May 18, 2012 November 22, 2012

May not have too much longer to wait! November 10th is two weeks Friday. :eek:

Yeah I had to cos I was on such a backfoot for September. I saw that as a practice run for March really. So being much more systematic in my approach now and hoping to get into the practice questions by December. That should make the difference. I hope. That said, I'm not sure I'll ever get quick enough to deal with Section 3!! I might try to skip along to RCSI, that would be my first preference.

• Advertisement

Yeah I had to cos I was on such a backfoot for September. I saw that as a practice run for March really. So being much more systematic in my approach now and hoping to get into the practice questions by December. That should make the difference. I hope. That said, I'm not sure I'll ever get quick enough to deal with Section 3!! I might try to skip along to RCSI, that would be my first preference.

Sounds like a good plan. Apparently Section III is designed to slow you down, there's certain question that take too long and you're supposed to just move on from them... I attempted everything on the day though! Just about managed to finish on time, but I was very flustered by the end. I've been trying not to think about the exam since! Can barely remember any of the questions tbh. :eek:

The fact you attempted everything is an achievement in itself! I had to guess 40 or so questions, but who knows, my guess might've been better than any attempt I would've made! I am glad I sat it in September though. It was worth it for the experience alone and means I'll be much more prepared for March. It's an expensive mock exam all the same!

The fact you attempted everything is an achievement in itself! I had to guess 40 or so questions, but who knows, my guess might've been better than any attempt I would've made! I am glad I sat it in September though. It was worth it for the experience alone and means I'll be much more prepared for March. It's an expensive mock exam all the same!

I guessed questions too, but I've no idea how much. I was less than halfway through at the halfway mark, which was the only time I realised I was running late so had to speed up. Annoying as in practice papers I always finished early! Found the questions on the day much wordier or something.

Feel like I'm in limbo waiting for these results. No idea what to expect because the score you get isn't a percentage. Hope we get them in two weeks like they did last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

Anyone know where your own gamsat result gets posted? So weird to think we’ll know by end of the week..

Anyone know where your own gamsat result gets posted? So weird to think we’ll know by end of the week..

I think we'll get an email from Acer to say that the results are available, and then when we log into the account we'll be able to view the results - probably in a similar way to accessing the admission ticket. Not sure what time they'll be up, but surely early in the morning our time seeing as they're based in Australia.

I think they'll be out on Thursday/Friday. I hope it's this week anyway! Sick of waiting. I've barely thought over the exam at all, I can barely remember section I and III. How are you feeling about the results?

I think we'll get an email from Acer to say that the results are available, and then when we log into the account we'll be able to view the results - probably in a similar way to accessing the admission ticket. Not sure what time they'll be up, but surely early in the morning our time seeing as they're based in Australia.

I think they'll be out on Thursday/Friday. I hope it's this week anyway! Sick of waiting. I've barely thought over the exam at all, I can barely remember section I and III. How are you feeling about the results?

Getting a little nervous about results if I’m honest haha just don’t want to have to give the exam again. hoping for any place but would prefer stay in Dublin

Getting a little nervous about results if I’m honest haha just don’t want to have to give the exam again. hoping for any place but would prefer stay in Dublin

I'm thinking of UL or UCD. Went to the UL open day and I liked it, UCD have one at the end of the month so I'll go to that too.

Same! Don't want to sit it again. I'll definitely spend a lot more time on practice questions if I have to do it again.

I'm thinking of UL or UCD. Went to the UL open day and I liked it, UCD have one at the end of the month so I'll go to that too.

Same! Don't want to sit it again. I'll definitely spend a lot more time on practice questions if I have to do it again.

The ucd open day was this weekend just past I was working at it, not sure if it’s on again for the GEMs 🀔

I’m only stressed bc I’m doing a 4yr degree and can just graduate w a BSc end of my third yr (this yr) and go straight to med if I get the points so this week is up to if I’ve to wait an extra year or no hahah 😅

For those of us who are less optimistic about the results, next March's exam date has been released. 28th. Mark it in the diary!

The ucd open day was this weekend just past I was working at it, not sure if it’s on again for the GEMs ��

I’m only stressed bc I’m doing a 4yr degree and can just graduate w a BSc end of my third yr (this yr) and go straight to med if I get the points so this week is up to if I’ve to wait an extra year or no hahah ��

They have an evening on the 30th for graduate entry medicine. :)
    https://www.myucd.ie/visiting-ucd/events/ucd-graduate-entry-medicine-open-evening-30th-november/

Fingers crossed you'll get the score you need! If you get it in the March sitting, can you still finish your degree after three years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The ucd open day was this weekend just past I was working at it, not sure if it’s on again for the GEMs ��

I’m only stressed bc I’m doing a 4yr degree and can just graduate w a BSc end of my third yr (this yr) and go straight to med if I get the points so this week is up to if I’ve to wait an extra year or no hahah ��

Graduating with a 3 year Bsc. is normally a level 7 degree, pretty sure you need a level 8 qualification which would be a 4 year hons. Bsc.

They have an evening on the 30th for graduate entry medicine. :)
    https://www.myucd.ie/visiting-ucd/events/ucd-graduate-entry-medicine-open-evening-30th-november/

Fingers crossed you'll get the score you need! If you get it in the March sitting, can you still finish your degree after three years?

Oh perf, I might go to that myself! See I get the decision to either choose 3yr or 4yr in March so will have to see how I get on

Also it’s ucd engineering I’m In so it’s level 8 both 3yr for BSc then 4yr for BE if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Guidance

Hi all!

I have set up a FB group for medical applicants based in Ireland - hopefully it can be of use to some!

Just type in 'Ireland Medicine Applicants' and feel free to join :)

Anyone know at which time the results are released? Seems to be either tonight or tomorrow morning if you go on past dates..

Anyone know at which time the results are released? Seems to be either tonight or tomorrow morning if you go on past dates..

Apparently they were out just before 1 am our time last year! Don't think there's a fixed time slot though. Australia are 11 hours ahead of us. Definitely won't be getting much sleep tonight, I have the Acer account set to VIP so my phone should light up if they send the email tonight.

Oh lads I feel like that kid who knows their Leaving is going to be crappy! 😂
    Best of luck to ye!

Oh lads I feel like that kid who knows their Leaving is going to be crappy! 😂
    Best of luck to ye!

Ha I’m the same.. can’t stop thinking bout it at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 44 medennial

It’s just before 5am and I’m wide awake (typical) and still no email. I just looked on their Facebook too and saw a post on the Acer page where they say results will be released “late November” which will be very disheartening if true. Here’s hoping the email comes at some stage today. Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 medennial

I take it back l, it take it all back haha!

Results are out.

• Advertisement

How did everyone get one?? I’m very pleasantly surprised anyway :)

Advertisement