Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello Tipperary - I've a question

Options
  • 27-02-2016 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Why does Michael Lowry get your vote? I'd like to know. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

he is the best of a bad lot.
    the rest are totally useless.
    he gets things done
    he is fair to everybody and helps if he can.
    he knows everyone and supports every charitable event he can find. be it a dance for a church or a fundraiser for a sick child
    he is friendly and easily approachable.
    he doesn't care if you voted for him or if you are in his area , he will help if he can

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

vicwatson wrote: »

Maybe it's something to do with Rebels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Kelly

White collar crime in Dublin is almost acknowledged as a badge of honour !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

The people of Tipperary have voted in the most corrupt man in Irish politics it beggars belief the "ah sure he is a great lad " attitude is what got Ireland into the mess in the first place. It is a disgrace to have a man like him in sitting in the dail but he is up for a dance and supports the church fundraisers so vote him in what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

rosiem wrote: »
    The people of Tipperary have voted in the most corrupt man in Irish politics it beggars belief the "ah sure he is a great lad " attitude is what got Ireland into the mess in the first place. It is a disgrace to have a man like him in sitting in the dail but he is up for a dance and supports the church fundraisers so vote him in what a joke.
    Most Tipp people didn't vote for him,don't be tarring us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

vicwatson wrote: »

Must admit the guy has got charisma, I met him in Semple Stadium last year at a football match
    he has that way about him that is very warm and welcoming, even though I had never met him in my life.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

He does a lot for the area, as simple as that really. He looks out for the people who vote for him and that's why they keep voting for him again and again.

tippspur wrote: »
    Most Tipp people didn't vote for him,don't be tarring us all.

Apologies point taken 13,064 Tipperary people beggar belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Lights On wrote: »
    He does a lot for the area, as simple as that really. He looks out for the people who vote for him and that's why they keep voting for him again and again.

Probably helps them with their tax affairs.

you seem to be under the impression that every other politician is 100% not corrupt. I doubt that .
    the difference is that he got caught or shown up.

im sure if he and a few others opened the lid on what really went on then the whole government system would fall

you seem to be under the impression that every other politician is 100% not corrupt. I doubt that .
    the difference is that he got caught or shown up.

im sure if he and a few others opened the lid on what really went on then the whole government system would fall

You seem to be under the impression that it is ok to elect a 100% proven corrupt politician. I am not under the impression that all politicians are not corrupt but I would not vote for any politician with a history like Lowrys he encapsulates all that is wrong with this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

According to some tallies he got 2% in clonmel. Not his base.

I don't buy the good constituency worker nonsense. That's not a reason to elect someone. .

• Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Heard something about him getting an element of debt written off on semple stadium in the past. I would believe the auld GAA windbreaker wearing, cap donning morons had a big impact on getting him in because of this. These idiots spread the word of Lowry to the mass fools in Tipperary.

I'm from the county and ashamed on every level. We're the laughing stock. This man will have absolutely no credibility in the Dail due to his extremely shady past.

You seem to be under the impression that it is ok to elect a 100% proven corrupt politician. I am not under the impression that all politicians are not corrupt but I would not vote for any politician with a history like Lowrys he encapsulates all that is wrong with this country.

he does encapsulate all that is wrong with the country. you are right there,

the thing is that he does everything in his power to help out the average man/woman.
    the rest are a waste of time.
    ideally the whole system would work properly and you wouldn't need Lowry
    all the things Lowry gets done should be only a formality to get done but the system gets in the way.

a few years ago a neighbour of mine was getting flooded because the river beside her house was blocked up with trees . my father went to all the local politicians. Jim Ryan told us that the river wasn't in north Tipp. (even though his bill for the bin allows got to us)
    Lowry rang the opw and got their man out to walk it. they organised cleaning and had it scheduled to be done in the coming weeks/ 2 months
    moira hoctor told us that she looked into it but couldn't get it done , even though it was already on the list of stuff being done. she didn't bother her ass to do anything because if she had she would have taken credit for it

love him or hate him, (or what he represents) he does a lot more for the average guy on the ground than any of the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Heard something about him getting an element of debt written off on semple stadium in the past. I would believe the auld GAA windbreaker wearing, cap donning morons had a big impact on getting him in because of this. These idiots spread the word of Lowry to the mass fools in Tipperary.

I'm from the county and ashamed on every level. We're the laughing stock. This man will have absolutely no credibility in the Dail due to his extremely shady past.
    That chip on your anti GAA shoulder must hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

To be fair he has a point. Those at the top of the GAA circles which is almost a closed shop where you need to know someone to be someone have a fair bit of influence on how people vote especially in rural areas.

Lowry is voted in because people think locally and what's in it for me. He is a glorified county councillor, like the Healy Rea's in Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

To be fair, at least ye didn't vote his brother in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

This is a fact!

The son of a tipp councillor was getting a flight from cork. He lost his passport and rang the dad. Instead of using his influence with the td from his own party the dad rang Lowry who sorted it out with the passport office. Lad picked up his passport the following day!

Lowry gets the things done people want. Most of them aren't worried about his tax affairs or corruption.

You can moan and groan about Lowry and tipp people all you like but it's a ridiculous system that allows glorified county councillors to be elected to a national parliament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Helps out people big time.my own dad was in hospital for wks hospital wasnt telling us a thing as a family stressed to the max once he found out went to the top in the hospital sorted the whole thing out..
    also heard of him been of untold help to a family who had the misfortunate of having to bring a body home from aboard...if u have a disabled family member hes the one that will help you out
    he will know u anywhere in the world ud meet him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

Helps out people big time.my own dad was in hospital for wks hospital wasnt telling us a thing as a family stressed to the max once he found out went to the top in the hospital sorted the whole thing out..
    also heard of him been of untold help to a family who had the misfortunate of having to bring a body home from aboard...if u have a disabled family member hes the one that will help you out
    he will know u anywhere in the world ud meet him
    you don't have to be a tax cheat to do that. Or any of the other stuff he claims to ahve done. if he or any td can 'get' something someone is not entitled to they are admitting to be corrupt. if they are entitled they can get it themselves

• Advertisement

the gaa have chips on both their shoulders in their world it is all who you know

you don't have to be a tax cheat to do that. Or any of the other stuff he claims to ahve done. if he or any td can 'get' something someone is not entitled to they are admitting to be corrupt. if they are entitled they can get it themselves

well none of the rest of them would help you to point you in the right direction.

well none of the rest of them would help you to point you in the right direction.
    are you seriously telling me you have to be a td to contact management in a hospital? I have done it when family members were in hospital and i am not a td or councillor

People need to learn to advocate for themselves and stop electing tax cheats becuase of thing he 'done' for them or ' got' them. The green guy was right when he said the people were being conned

if only the system worked properly.
    yes we should be able to get things our selves but sometimes you can even when you are entitled to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

the gaa have chips on both their shoulders in their world it is all who you know

Can you provide us with some examples of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

We all complain about corruption but it starts with the voters. Why do they vote for him? Because he'll pull a few strings you if you need him. Seen it first hand without going into detail.

It annoys me why we can't get real change in this country all anybody in this country is interested in if feathering their own nest. Oh such and such fixed the road etc we have to give him number 1. Never mind the feckin party policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can you provide us with some examples of this?

Why? It's got nothing to do with the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

He must be rolling around laughing in his castle at you lot!

He's corrupt, he fills his wallet and bank account with your tax money. And for the pitiful odd turnip he throws from the ramparts to the stupid peasants... you vote him in! You love him!

You just couldn't make this stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've dealt with most of the politicians in the county and honestly lowry is streets ahead of the competition. The votes don't lie, he's got the charisma, work ethic and great people skills.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

are you seriously telling me you have to be a td to contact management in a hospital? I have done it when family members were in hospital and i am not a td or councillor

People need to learn to advocate for themselves and stop electing tax cheats becuase of thing he 'done' for them or ' got' them. The green guy was right when he said the people were being conned

Well try spending 7/8 hrs waiting in a hospital waiting and demanding answers after doing 150mile daily round trips for wks on end...he knows whos who to help get things sorted. He didnt bump my dad up a waiting list but got us in contact with the correct people to find out what the hell was going on. say what ye like he looks after people..

Maybe if people stopped insulting tipp people over it he might not be as popular at voting time

Advertisement