Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭kerplun k

techdiver wrote: »
    Great to see the doom (not the legion of doom) merchants are out in full force.

Nobody wants this film to be a huge hit more than me. I’m a big fan of the DCEU. Tis an excellent alternative to the perfectly executed MCU. I’m just a bit bummed with the progress of a solo Flash movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The way The Flash film is currently stalled, it'll be the Chinese Democracy equivalent of the film world.

According to Page 6 in the States. Gal Gadot won't do Wonder Woman sequel unless Brett Ratner is canned.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/11/gal-gadot-will-only-be-wonder-woman-again-if-brett-ratner-is-out/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Two things:

I think Gal has signed on for WW2 already.

Warner Bros have already cut ties with Ratner.

Even if Ratpac does co-finance a sequel, it doesn't necessarily mean Ratner would be anyway involved.

It would be a strange stance to take for me.

Two things:

I think Gal has signed on for WW2 already.

Warner Bros have already cut ties with Ratner.

Even if Ratpac does co-finance a sequel, it doesn't necessarily mean Ratner would be anyway involved.

It would be a strange stance to take for me.

He'd still get a cut of the films profit due to his company co-financing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

ah fook... they've screwed up the amazons armour if this is anything to go by:
    https://twitter.com/Rosgakori/status/929803724809211905

source of the JL photo here:
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/20/justice-league-batmobile-amazons-photo/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

449a24f4488de31e54e2f80fc61d7843.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,005 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's really embarrassing; I hope those are fleeting background characters, or indeed the costumes are fake; guess the horny-teenager market is still a strong one :rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭techdiver

Classic manufactured outrage!

Look at the scene from the 3 minute 5 second mark in Wonder Woman and you will see plenty of Amazons training in "bikini type" outfits.

Also, here is costumes from Wonder Woman too. I suppose Patty Jenkins is a horny male director exploiting females too? :rolleyes:

DOd0cXcW4AEZ4rb.jpg

Confirmation bias against this movie as expected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,005 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

techdiver wrote: »
    Classic manufactured outrage!

[...]

Confirmation bias against this movie as expected.

Or maybe just a genuine innocent mistake, if indeed there were skimpy costumes in WW (though they didn't seem particularly prominent in the final film). And yeah, those costumes are ludicrous whatever film they come from.

There's no conspiracy against the film, how about you pause your own outrage :) We'll go into Justice League with our own varying levels of expectations, be they optimistic, pessimistic or general apathy, but presuming those not whipping themselves up into hype are 'doom merchants' is not particularly friendly or insightful :)

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Or maybe just a genuine innocent mistake, if indeed there were skimpy costumes in WW (though they didn't seem particularly prominent in the final film). And yeah, those costumes are ludicrous whatever film they come from.

There's no conspiracy against the film, how about you pause your own outrage :) We'll go into Justice League with our own varying levels of expectations, be they optimistic, pessimistic or general apathy, but presuming those not whipping themselves up into hype are 'doom merchants' is not particularly friendly or insightful :)

Innocent mistake? It takes less than a minute to verify the validity of a claim, but instead people will immediately jump to a preordained conclusion. It's not isolated to this movie, it's a general societal problem. The rush to outrage and anger to push agendas, whether it be political/ideological etc... Anyway I'm digressing.

On a side point I don't see a huge amount wrong with the outfits. Professional athletes show more flesh without it being an issue. Also, think about the practicalities of wearing heavy leather and armor on a island in the eastern med? It would be quite warm. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Around the 1 minute mark it shows themyscira and it looks fine armor wise from the very little you can see. Can't really judge until you see the movie.

Not that, that will stop the twitter warriors though :pac:

Wonder Woman 2 release date changed to November 1st 2019.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm just gonna, you know, watch the movie and if I go "jesus christ wtf are they wearing" then I go "jesus christ wtf are they wearing".

It'd be gas if Warner was hurriedly CGI-ing in a load of shiny metal midriffs as we speak :D

Grace has seen it

ugh..
    if they've screwed up the atlantians and amazons then that's flashpoint screwed up

but I guess
    I'll see how they did with Batman and Superman
    which she seems positive about

Also says to stay for the end credits!

Stuckmann is mixed to positive. Bit of a spoilery review in his video though.

Similar feeling positive about
    Superman
    so that's gonna be one to look out for.

Also sounds like there'll be
    some fighting for the amazons. Guess it'll be down to how it looks and what they do.

Can't be watching those until I've seen the film but what scores do they give it out of 10 as a matter of interest?

I expect a lot of reviews will be in between the 5-7/10 range?

Stuckmann gives it a B-

Grace didn't give it a score but her review was 50 / 50

• Advertisement

Hrmmm...

Came direct to this thread to judge reaction.

Silence.

Slydice wrote: »
    Hrmmm...

Silence.

More talk on the Justice League megathread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I loved it but its not without problems , I would say a step in the right direction for the DC verse

Slydice wrote: »
    Hrmmm...

Silence.

No point in putting up reactions twice really. Talk is in the film forum thread as said.

Short answer though, I thought it was ok to good without saying anything new.

Looks like it will give the universe a soft reset going forward so it leaves it in an interesting position.

If you are wondering should you go see it, yes you should.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No point in putting up reactions twice really. Talk is in the film forum thread as said.

Short answer though, I thought it was ok to good without saying anything new.

Looks like it will give the universe a soft reset going forward so it leaves it in an interesting position.

If you are wondering should you go see it, yes you should.

Agreed. It was by no means great, but it's a pretty enjoyable watch, sets up the new characters well making them feel equal to the Trinity, the action is good throughout (though doesn't have the clever use of combining powers/abilities the Avengers films tend to have) and the performances are generally great.

It does have its problems, but not nearly on the scale BvS or Suicide Squad did. They've definitely learned lessons from those and Wonder Woman.

Having seen JL, it's incredibly sad to me that a solo film for Superman and Batman respectively has the least interest for me. Even a Cyborg solo, whom I read people had issue with, intrigues me more.

Really frustrated with how Superman was handled here, whom I gather was the subject of much of Whedon's reshoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Things will probably improve now..
    Snyder is out because of family issues, condolences...
    WW and Justice League have put DC back on track, and maybe we can forget Batman VS Superman, suicide squad, and concentrate how bad ass Death Stroke looked..

But honestly why did WB cut the movie from 2hrs50mins to 2hrs.
    Clowns

Couple of reasons I'd imagine like getting more showings on.

Thinking the shorter run time would sit better with audiences.

Anyway whatever the reason I agree it's probably a bad move but unless we see the full 2hr 50 version it's hard to say.

I would have thought lessons were learnt after BvS about cutting films down though.

Things will probably improve now..
    Snyder is out because of family issues, condolences...
    WW and Justice League have put DC back on track, and maybe we can forget Batman VS Superman, suicide squad, and concentrate how bad ass Death Stroke looked..

But honestly why did WB cut the movie from 2hrs50mins to 2hrs.
    Clowns

For better or worse I wish Snyder had gotten to close out his own vision because what we got here was just......a bizarre experience, that's the best way I can explain it. I don't feel like I got proper closure to what he described as his own trilogy of films.

If much of the 2 hour runtime was Whedon's work then the film has to go down as one of the most catastrophic productions of all time finacially speaking. I refuse to believe that what Snyder had done up until having to step away was that bad that much of what he had done was left on the floor to great expense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I refuse to believe that what Snyder had done up until having to step away was that bad that much of what he had done was left on the floor to great expense.

For many people BvS was that bad. For me it pretty much was. It was an actual chore to watch for 95% of its run time.

The film is getting enough good will from people I trust for me to give it a shot though. I'm guessing that happened because of Whedon. I'd say we'll never know, though!

Advertisement