Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Much more positive news regarding Ben Affleck and the Batman movie

“I’m gonna direct the next Batman, we’re working on it,” Affleck confirmed. “It’s one of those things that’s really frustrating because with ‘Live By Night’ it took me a year-and-a-half to write it and get it ready and I worked really hard. It’s just no one gave a s**t. No one was like, ‘WHERE’S ‘LIVE BY NIGHT?’ But with Batman I keep getting the, “WHERE’S THE F**KING BATMAN?” I’m like, “Whoa, I’m working! Give me a second!”
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/801707-ben-affleck-puts-batman-directing-doubts-to-rest#vsasiDLb5h7igt2J.99

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Much more positive news regarding Ben Affleck and the Batman movie

“I’m gonna direct the next Batman, we’re working on it,” Affleck confirmed. “It’s one of those things that’s really frustrating because with ‘Live By Night’ it took me a year-and-a-half to write it and get it ready and I worked really hard. It’s just no one gave a s**t. No one was like, ‘WHERE’S ‘LIVE BY NIGHT?’ But with Batman I keep getting the, “WHERE’S THE F**KING BATMAN?” I’m like, “Whoa, I’m working! Give me a second!”
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/801707-ben-affleck-puts-batman-directing-doubts-to-rest#vsasiDLb5h7igt2J.99

Well, that's good to hear. Usually when he's in control you get a good film out of him. I actually quite like his Batman too, hopefully he'll be a bit less murdery or at very least they can explain what happened to him to have him this way!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Rock joins the DCEU as Black Adam getting his own movie with Shazam split into two movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

David Ayer has posted an apology for Suicide Squad

C2uzOpGUUAAL7yf-696x724.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭techdiver

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    David Ayer has posted an apology for Suicide Squad

C2uzOpGUUAAL7yf-696x724.jpg

I admire his honesty at least. It's not usual for a director to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'd prefer a decent movie to an apology for a shît one but, while he's at it, I would take apologies for Fury, End of Watch, Sabotage and Street Kings....

I'd prefer a decent movie to an apology for a shît one but, while he's at it, I would take apologies for Fury, End of Watch, Sabotage and Street Kings....

Thought both End of Watch and Fury were decent movies. Not seen the other two.

I thought Fury came close enough to being decent but fumbled it. End of Watch was painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Ayer apologising in the knowledge he's in a cushty position....the oul troll. :P

Apologizing for a widely successful commercial movie and that's all that matters to DC/Warner Bros and he knows it.

Basically telling us that's exactly what Gotham City Sirens is going to be so don't expect what you want to see as fans it's about making money and we know fans will spent that money even for kack.

• Advertisement

C285FnsVQAAgP6x.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Flash now has its third writer: Joby Harold has come in to replace the last departee, this time to perform a 'page one' re-write. So they're starting all over again! Still no sign of its third director though. The circus continues.

Harold's credits are fairly slim by all accounts: of his two scriptwriting credits, one is still yet to come out (the Guy Ritchie King Arthur adatpation), while the other dates back to 2007. He was an executive producer on Edge of Tomorrow, so that's something, even if 'executive producer' is a bit of a nothing role. (sidebar: if you're reading this and haven't seen Edge of Tomorrow - go see it. It's ace).

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/joby-harold-the-flash-script-rewrite-1201969977/

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if cast members are dropped, the actress playing Iris particularly. You'd have to wonder how many director changes and rewrites a relative unknown can survive (taking into account that she probably wouldn't have been in the reckoning in the first place had she not worked with one of the axed directors previously).

What a cluster****.

A Midnight Edge video released a couple of days ago claims Flash is effectively on hiatus until the reaction to Ezra Miller in Justice League is seen. I'm not sure if I should linky linky as if it's pure speculation I don't want to be rewarding them.

The same source is supposed to say he kills it though so he's likely to get the best reaction from the entire cast.

A Midnight Edge video released a couple of days ago claims Flash is effectively on hiatus until the reaction to Ezra Miller in Justice League is seen. I'm not sure if I should linky linky as if it's pure speculation I don't want to be rewarding them.

The same source is supposed to say he kills it though so he's likely to get the best reaction from the entire cast.

Strange but unsurprising if true. You would think they'd have faith in their cast... that said, Miller aside, the glimpse we saw in the JL trailer was no Barry Allen...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Affleck really suits the bat suit well. Hope he does the role true justice.

That's reasonable. The slates that map out releases over the next decade I don't take seriously. Marvel have their albatross in the In humans film that they eventually admitted was defunct.

Affleck really suits the bat suit well. Hope he does the role true justice.

Pun intended? :D
    Ben Gadot wrote: »
    That's reasonable. The slates that map out releases over the next decade I don't take seriously. Marvel have their albatross in the In humans film that they eventually admitted was defunct.

There's a huge amount of behind the scenes politics to the Inhumans I' not sure if you're aware of. It's the pet project of Ike Perlmutter, the old head of all things Marvel who's been removed by Disney from the film division in leiu of Kevin Feige (The guy who had the crazy idea that giving fans what they want and what they enjoy and they might pay to see the films). The removal wasn't just a sign of trouble behind the scenes, it's kinda an FU to Perlmutter.

^^Which is why Inhumans will now be a TV show. Incidentally, Perlmutter is an outspoken supporter of Trump, having donated millions to his presidential campaign. He's said some fcuked up things in the past...

^^Which is why Inhumans will now be a TV show. Incidentally, Perlmutter is an outspoken supporter of Trump, having donated millions to his presidential campaign. He's said some fcuked up things in the past...

Yeah he's currently suing one of his neighbours for stealing his DNA. He's not exactly Mr. Stable.

• Advertisement

Ben Gadot wrote: »

Well, that's news I didn't want to hear.

It might not necessarily be a bad thing, as I've gotten the feeling that Affleck has worked himself into the ground over the last 2 years. As long as they get a quality director and more importantly, a good script, then letting Ben focus on the character isn't the worst thing that can happen.

But it's obviously not good to see chaos reign once again.

I seriously wouldn't be shocked if Snyder end up directing it and Goyer ends up writing it.

I seriously wouldn't be shocked if Snyder end up directing it and Goyer ends up writing it.

I'm officially out if that happens. At some point you have to register your feedback with the money you pay, or the lack thereof.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly, bar Wonder Woman which has somehow contrived to avoid the stink of creative musical chairs and studio interference (that we know of), I'm already out of the DC filmverse and am holding fire until I hear enough unreserved praise for a production that isn't a smouldering dumpster fire. Suicide Squad was the straw that broke this particularly camel's back & refuse to reward these films for their flailing mediocrity.

Does the Lego Batman movie count here? 'Cos I'm still stoked for that like :D

Very much doubt that Snyder will be given it. In fact I think he will be phased out to an extent after Justice League, also his schedule with post production of Justice League might preclude him anyway.

I like to think I can take Affleck's statement at face value, but part of me worries that there are underlying issues. Warner are all about schedule, he was all about quality and it seems schedule wins over quality.

Whilst I want DCEU to be different than the MCU, how hard can it be for WB to look at what Marvel are doing and copy the bloody formulae? I do think some of the Marvel movies are overrated and some of the DC ones underrated, the fact remains that the majority view is that Marvel are doing a better job of bringing the universe together. DC may have **** the bed with trying to do a catch up in a single movie instead of letting their characters breath and develop in solo movies. Perhaps this will be forgotten in the future if they pull off Wonder Woman and Justice League and then can movie forward from there.

pixelburp wrote: »

Does the Lego Batman movie count here? 'Cos I'm still stoked for that like :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057693637

Separate thread to I say no. :pac:

Matt Reeves in talks to direct The Batman

Cloverfield & War for the Planet of the Apes which he directed I enjoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Yet another blow for the DC Universe as Ben Affleck apparently wants out of Batman

Nothing confirmed as of yet, but apparently 3 separate sources have confirmed he's trying to get out of the role.

Advertisement