Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs of the End Times? - Ready for Judgement?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Daisyworld showed how in theory, daisies could regulate the temperature of a planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

recedite wrote: »
    Daisyworld showed how in theory, daisies could regulate the temperature of a planet.

Too many white daisies is a sign of the forthcoming daisyworld apocalypse

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What about the pink edged ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

This is a disgusting thread! I have lost all respect for some posters now, especially looksee after s/he admitted to wanting to cut the heads off daisies. Poor little white daisies! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

looksee wrote: »
    What about the pink edged ones?

They might be homosexual ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Gordon wrote: »
    The Chieftan: I forgive you.

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    This is a disgusting thread! I have lost all respect for some posters now, especially looksee after s/he admitted to wanting to cut the heads off daisies. Poor little white daisies! :(

I didn't say I wanted to, sometimes there is collateral damage to mowing the lawn, but it does look tidier.

I didn't say I wanted to, sometimes there is collateral damage to mowing the lawn, but it does look tidier.

So you're saying that you did something that didn't directly target the daisies, but made sure to try to save the daisies if at all possible even if that sadly resulted in the death of some daisies?

lazygal wrote: »
    So you're saying that you did something that didn't directly target the daisies, but made sure to try to save the daisies if at all possible even if that sadly resulted in the death of some daisies?

Not good enough! The life of the daisies must be prioritised over the health of the grass!

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Not good enough! The life of the daisies must be prioritised over the health of the grass!

Sometimes daisies die but that is completely unrelated to the procedure as the intention is not to kill the daisies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

If the object of having a lawn was to raise daisies, then it would make sense to prioritise the life of the daisy over the flourishing of the lawn, but lawns are not simply for daisy-raising. If there was a law that made it illegal to weed my lawn to eliminate unwanted daisies that were interfering with the function and health of the lawn, it would be an unjust law that everyone would see the sense in repealing.

Sometimes daisies die but that is completely unrelated to the procedure as the intention is not to kill the daisies.

Mowing the lawn is the wilful murder of innocent daisies. There is also the disgusting practice of using artificial means to prevent daisies from growing on the lawn. This must be outlawed. The purpose of the lawn is to produce daisies for as long as it is fertile enough to do so.

Haha against my better judgement I just clicked on the link in the OP. It was well worth it, I love crazy! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

With soon-to-be-President Trump itching [...]
    What a lovely image to have on my mind this rather lovely morning :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I'm with Pat and Gordon here - I'd like to extend my very fullest forgiveness towards you and all of Mr Trump's supporters.

And I'd like to offer you some of the forum's highly coveted coffee and buns too - please accept them and share likewise in your life!

378768.jpg

Hm. Is it a gluten-free bun?

Whenever i cut the lawn for my elderly mother, I always mow around the primroses.

It drives her nuts but i think they look nice

:)

Akrasia wrote: »
    Whenever i cut the lawn for my elderly mother, I always mow around the primroses.

It drives her nuts but i think they look nice

Hey, nobody would try to stop anyone from growing a lawn full of daisies if they want to and can take care of it :)

Are you sure they're dead, maybe they can just grow back a new head?

Akrasia wrote: »
    Are you sure they're dead, maybe they can just grow back a new head?

Whisht, you are messing up the analogy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

This thread is raising all kinds of memories for me, and the guilt is becoming too much.

On a number of occasions last summer my lawn mower viciously attacked the daisies in my back garden. To my eternal shame, all I did was move the law mower to the front garden, where it did exactly the same. After that I put it in the garage where I knew it couldn't harm anymore daises. After two weeks I thought it had learned it lesson, but alas, it hadn't, I moved it quickly again to the front where the abuse continued.

It is currently in the garage. I will let it out again in the summer as I expect it is fully repentant now.

MrP

• Advertisement

It is important to have as many daisies as possible for the lifetime of the fertility of your lawn, those daisies will then breed new daisies that are exactly the same as the old daisies. This practice is essential to keep the congregation (oops I meant population) of daisies up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

WOW - OP is serious, Do you live in Ireland ? And if so how do you exclude the prevailing culture to the extent that you can seriously post about end times? Is this missionary work on your part? If so it must e very unrewarding as, to be frank, American style fundamentalism comes across as batpoo insane to anyone with a bit of education...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

My dad is a good Christian and he called me up very upset last Sunday night.

So he was on the 14 hole of the local golf course, par 4.
    He took out his 7 Iron, took a swing and took the heads of several daisies and a p!ss the bed!!

He is now looking at a mandatory 14 years on the practice range! He was going to travel to the UK later this year for a couple of rounds but now he cant go!

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I thought we were waiting for 4 moons?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Is it a gluten-free bun?
    Not sure about the gluten, but let me assure you that it is 110% free of pineapple.

I thought we were waiting for 4 moons?

Wut? Were we?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Guys, I predict that judgment will occur at midnight tonight!
    Tremble in fear in the meantime!

It had better flippin not! I've been looking forward to this weekend for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Cabaal wrote: »
    Guys, I predict that judgment will occur at midnight tonight!
    Tremble in fear in the meantime!
    I judge that it won't. There. That's got the judgin' out of the way.
    It had better flippin not! I've been looking forward to this weekend for ages!
    Enjoy the weekend.

Is the bauld Chieftain's thread not going quite as expected? Was he not welcomed here with open arms and an open biscuit tin? Are we still doing biscuits? I haven't been in much lately. What's the current thinking on Jaffa cakes? And pineapple on pizza?

• Advertisement

His faith can't stand up to scrutiny; his God is far outclassed by his Satan. (shrug) Probably his tea is weak and his biscuits are far outclassed by the Jaffa Cakes of the atheists, too.

Advertisement