Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs of the End Times? - Ready for Judgement?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

With soon-to-be-President Trump itching to drop some big ones, I hope you folks are heeding the signs....
    https://prophecywatchers.com/strange-trumpets-is-the-world-being-warned/

No

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

With soon-to-be-President Trump itching to drop some big ones, I hope you folks are heeding the signs....

What do you mean by signs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

The end times of which religion, again? Sorry, there are soooo many.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The Chieftain, perhaps you have the wrong forum?

Perhaps you would be better off posting this in the Christianity forum where you have previously compared atheists to large numbers of insects and rats by claiming the forum had been infested by them- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057565854

Not very christian to preach such hatred, I'm sure your god will be awful upset with you about that and you're clearly building walls which the pope has said good Christians should not do. (but its ok to build walls to stop women priests...cause "reasons")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Cabaal wrote: »
    The Chieftain, perhaps you have the wrong forum?

Don't poke the bear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

This certainly is not for A&A, Christianity, as Cabaal suggests would be better, or Conspiracy Theories maybe? Political Cafe? After Hours?

looksee wrote: »
    This certainly is not for A&A, Christianity, as Cabaal suggests would be better, or Conspiracy Theories maybe? Political Cafe? After Hours?

Anywhere but here, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭The Chieftain

Oh no, the message is for the A&A folk. I can sleep like a daisy tonight.

Do daisies sleep? What is the message, as per my name I'm too lazy to click the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Incredible delivery of a really intelligent message. You win this round!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

With soon-to-be-President Trump itching to drop some big ones , I hope you folks are heeding the signs....

OP raises some serious points regarding adequate waste disposal systems in the White House.

lazygal wrote: »
    Do daisies sleep? What is the message, as per my name I'm too lazy to click the link.

Something to do with trumpeting. Whether it's related to elephants, flatulence or Miles Davis' rebirth, I am not sure.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Something to do with trumpeting. Whether it's related to elephants, flatulence or Miles Davis' rebirth, I am not sure.

Any warnings about biscuits and/or pizza?

I suppose whether they sleep depends on how much brain function they have, if they have anything that could be considered a brain. But they do fold up their little petals at night, so that might be considered sleeping. Its odd, they are so pretty in a lawn, but when you mow all their little heads off the area looks so much tidier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The c.t. brigade spouted similar rubbish about Obama when he was first elected, tying in all sorts of 666 to him and eh.. we are still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Whoever wrote that be smokin some good **** - While listening to trumpets. Worth a read if you need to have a laugh!

I suppose whether they sleep depends on how much brain function they have, if they have anything that could be considered a brain. But they do fold up their little petals at night, so that might be considered sleeping. Its odd, they are so pretty in a lawn, but when you mow all their little heads off the area looks so much tidier.
    You have a sadistic streak.

galljga1 wrote: »
    You have a sadistic streak.

Much like OT God. Is looksee God?

Much like OT God. Is looksee God?
    It depends upon what forum you are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Religion really knows how to enslave people, and keep them hanging on. They tell you that the big god is your master, all knowing so you better be good, and that he'll be back in person soon, very soon, and you'll be in heaven - it'll be brilliant. But it never happens, the trumpets aren't trumpets and the rapture never happens, and you have to keep twisting your beliefs to justify this.

It's like upgrading your Mac, all promises but it doesn't fulfil you, so you keep on hoping the next one will be better.

• Advertisement

Not God, just god.

Gordon wrote: »
    Religion really knows how to enslave people, and keep them hanging on. They tell you that the big god is your master, all knowing so you better be good, and that he'll be back in person soon, very soon, and you'll be in heaven - it'll be brilliant. But it never happens, the trumpets aren't trumpets and the rapture never happens, and you have to keep twisting your beliefs to justify this.

It's like upgrading your Mac, all promises but it doesn't fulfil you, so you keep on hoping the next one will be better.

What does that have to do with daisies? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Sounds Like Santa Claus

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

How dare you!
    I'll have you know I'm happy with my Mac, I've no wish to upgrade at all

Windows is the spawn of the devil though,

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

:)

I do find humour in The Chieftan's OP though, he reads the Christianity forum and is annoyed at non-Christians apparently interfering with his desire for an echo chamber, that's fair enough. But he's annoyed at it, and thinks it shouldn't happen, so in true Christian fashion, what does he do? Forgive? Let pass? Pray? Think positively? No, he posts in the A&A forum with the full intention of trolling and winding people up, and doing EXACTLY what he thinks people are doing to the Christianity forum.

Religion: where you can argue any standpoint - an eye for an eye, or forgiveness. Love everyone, or be like Moses and kill and enslave people.

The Chieftan: I forgive you.

Can I give half a like? I am not a Christian so I have issues with the last sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Daisies are just the minions of their subterranean fungal overlords

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141111-plants-have-a-hidden-internet

(read the link, it's actually awesome)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So OP, how are you voting in today's election? :pac:

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    Daisies are just the minions of their subterranean fungal overlords

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141111-plants-have-a-hidden-internet

(read the link, it's actually awesome)

I read that, fascinating. The language was maybe a bit anthropomorphic but the theory is amazing.

Advertisement