Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi nespresso type machine 3/3/16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Looks like the krups pixie machine.

3 years warranty.

At the end of the day these machines just push jets of hot water through a nozzle, so difficult to see what not to like about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Girl 01 Analog

Takes Nespresso capsules. I can't see how the coffee would taste any different from that machine than the real Nespresso machines. The real ones might have better build quality but with a 3 year warranty you can't go wrong. Available in 3 colours too. Sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Girl 01 Analog

Actually I was just on amazon, and you can get the Magimix Nespresso machine delivered to Ireland for €12 more than this one costs. (€70 vs €82)
    http:// www . amazon . co .uk/Magimix-Nespresso-Inissia-Coffee-Machine/dp/B00J4K3338/ref=lp_1655216031_1_1?srs=1655216031&ie=UTF8&qid=1456445635&sr=8-1

Worth spending the extra €12?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the innissia is a bit cheap and nasty in the flash though. factor in that you get a load of nespresso pods free (if that offer is still running. think it is. I got €90)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Think I'll invest in the milk frother that's advertised underneath the coffee machine! Has the milk frother ever been in aldi before? If so is it worth buying?

(Has anyone got the Nescafé aeroccino either?)

• Advertisement

I have the aerocinno and it's great. real easy to clean.
    you can get an innissia and aeroccino for €149 in soundstore, probably elsewhere too, the free pods make up for the extra outlay.

aldi had the frothers in October 2014. not great reviews.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I have the aerocinno and it's great. real easy to clean.
    you can get an innissia and aeroccino for €149 in soundstore, probably elsewhere too, the free pods make up for the extra outlay.

I'm so tempted to just get the aeroccino -- I'll see what the aldi one is like in March and decide then!

the aeroccino is very pretty in comparison as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Get this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0044XU2CU/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Parents, me and sis all had the aerocino. All of them got scratched and mine stopped spinning entirely. This is way handier as the whole cup can go into the sink as opposed to trying to avoid the lead on the aerocino. Plus Amazon are great to deal with if there are any issues

Just in case anyone is looking at one of these, a friend got one today so it was an ideal time to compare with the Nespresso Pixie machine.

First impressions are good, it's got a lot of chrome on it, the handle at the top and the drip tray is metal, the rest is plastic chrome.
    It is quite big though, so takes up a lot more space. One advantage it has over the pixie is that the empty capsule compartment and drip tank is much bigger. Nearly twice as big.

Fit and finish is nice, certainly nicer than the similarly priced Nespresso innissia, the on/off switch on the side is basic enough, (I don't think it automatically switches off) and the top lever has a lot of play in the hinge, so this can rattle when the machine is running. There are rubber pads under the lever, but they're actually recessed too far in the body and aren't even flush so are completely useless.

One big drawback on this compared to the pixie is that you can't program the cup sizes, you get big or small, both of which are small. The big one dispenses between 70ml and 90ml which seemed to depend on the type of capsule used (tried genuine and various compatible pods) bit annoying that you'd haven to press the button, wait or the coffee, then press it again and wait again. Also annoying that the size varies.
    As far as I know, the basic Nespresso innissia doesn't have this function either,

In terms of speed, we ran them side by side and by the time the Aldi machine had done 70ml, the Nespresso was past 100ml

It should be noted that my friends machine was faulty and had to be returned, the second one was fine.

So, the jury's out, I'm not sure whether I'd get an innissia over one of these, the Aldi one just looks more impressive and feels nicer, I'd just have concerns over the quality of it.

Excuse the mess
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I saw someone pick one of these up in Aldi today along with some of the pods. The signup bonus with the Nespresso might swing for if I ever take the plunge. Not sure if that promo is still active.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Going to have a look at this Aldi machine - looks nice, but didn't realise it was bigger than the pixie - that might scupper its chances for me.

As an aside, has anyone tried the Lidl Viola pods? I love them and our Lidl runs out of them as soon as new stock arrives, so I am obviously not the only one!

Yeah, the Lidl ones are savage value at €1.79 - only drawback is they come in a sachet, so you can't stack them on a rack. They're probably 90% as nice as genuine ones for 30% of the price
    Viola us the purple one, yeah?
    Got a batch of genuine pods free recently as part of the promo they were running so the Lidl ones are taking a back-seat for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,321 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Think I'll invest in the milk frother that's advertised underneath the coffee machine! Has the milk frother ever been in aldi before? If so is it worth buying?

(Has anyone got the Nescafé aeroccino either?)
    I've the aeroccino , the kids use it the whole time to warm the milk for hot chocolate highly recommend it

Had a gander at the Aldi milk frother too, again it's massive in comparison to the Nespresso item, it isn't as cleverly designed though, the whisk bit clips onto the motor shaft which is exposed in the jug itself as opposed to being magnetic without any mechanical contact between the motor and the whisk like you get on the aeroccino.
    You can use the Aldi one to heat milk without frothing it - which you can't do with the Nespresso one, there is a miniature paddle that you need to click onto the motor shaft for heating milk. I assume this is to create centrifugal force around the shaft to prevent warm milk working its way through the seals between the jug and the internals of the machine.
    Looks decent enough. Inside of it is non stick the same as the aeroccino, so obviously won't last forever if you're using a metal spoon to scoop out the froth.

Yeah, the Lidl ones are savage value at €1.79 - only drawback is they come in a sachet, so you can't stack them on a rack. They're probably 90% as nice as genuine ones for 30% of the price
    Viola us the purple one, yeah?
    Got a batch of genuine pods free recently as part of the promo they were running so the Lidl ones are taking a back-seat for now.

Yeah, the purple ones.

I agree that the packaging is a pain, but they taste great - I think I paid €1.69.

I have had a Pixie for years, and have never bought an official Nespresso pod in my life - before the fakes became widely available here, I used to truck them home from France, and they were individually wrapped. I now favour the Super Valu ones - the Java ones especially, but I'll pick up the Viola ones in Lidl if they are on the shelves when I am in.

The good thing about the Lidl ones is that the holes are already in the capsule p, so the machine doesn't have to punch any in, that's why they're wrapped, there was talk that Nespresso had engineered the spikes in the machine to wear out on anything that's harder to pierce than a genuine capsule, not sure how much truth is in that though.

You can use the Aldi one to heat milk without frothing it - which you can't do with the Nespresso one, there is a miniature paddle that you need to click onto the motor shaft for heating milk

My nespresso one came with two whisks, so I can't heat without frothing. Maybe you should read the manual ;)

Never use metal in metal , just tip it over and the milk comes out.

Went into aldi to get a new pod holder, caved and bought the milk frother!! :o the 3 year warranty sold it for me! Used it this evening, no complaints!

ted1 wrote: »
    My nespresso one came with two whisks, so I can't heat without frothing. Maybe you should read the manual ;)

Never use metal in metal , just tip it over and the milk comes out.

Mine only came with the one, same as the one my mum got.
    There are a good few different models of them. The ones for sale now where you'd buy a Nespresso machine and frother between €150 and €300 would be the same type as what I have, which is why I made the comparison where the Aldi machine and frother costs €100 odd.
    the one that heats without frothing is the aeroccino plus or aeroccino 3

The spoon thing was in reply to an earlier post saying it got all scratched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The nespresso pod holders are great value in Aldi today. Got the carousel one, serious quality for 3.99!

Mine only came with the one, same as the one my mum got.
    There are a good few different models of them. The ones for sale now where you'd buy a Nespresso machine and frother between €150 and €300 would be the same type as what I have, which is why I made the comparison where the Aldi machine and frother costs €100 odd.
    the one that heats without frothing is the aeroccino plus or aeroccino 3

The spoon thing was in reply to an earlier post saying it got all scratched.
    This is the one I have: http://www.tuvie.com/nespresso-aeroccino-and-milk-frother-elegant-and-simple-automated-milk-frother/

See the dome at the base, that's where the second attachment is held

Yep, mine doesn't have the dome bit or the switch on the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Will the lidl pods work in the aldi coffee machine on offer today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

But can I make a flat white?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Will the lidl pods work in the aldi coffee machine on offer today?

Yes, all nespresso compatible capsules will work in the machine on sale in Aldi today.

My Pixie, about four years old, is still fine, but I can't resist having a look at Aldi gadgets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Anyone know if this is a once off deal or if they'll be keeping it in long-term to support the pods they sell?

nah just a weekly special.

• Advertisement

nah just a weekly special.

A lot of these types of gadgets, like the kettles for example, appear as an offer about twice per year. I would be surprised if these coffee machines don't appear again in the future.

Advertisement