Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dont Buy a car from <snip>

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnshock1

johnshock1 wrote: »
    I brought it in for ambient light not working and an update to the aircon system the fact its there 3weeks if for comp part to arrive from Germany and I might ad it will be four weeks this coming Tuesday.

Sorry the comp parts were for the Connected drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

will the part from Germany get you connected drive so?

carsfan wrote: »
    will the part from Germany get you connected drive so?

No it cant be fitted after factory is where its at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

If they were to compensate you for the mistake, what form of compensation would resolve the issue for you?

If they were to compensate you for the mistake, what form of compensation would resolve the issue for you?

id like to have it working as its meant to but that's a far cry. Not sure but I think its not my mistake and id have to leave that up to them to figure out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dealer name removed. This isn't the place to sign up to warn people away from businesses.

If you have paperwork showing dealer said the feature should exist, and it doesn't, then you can escalate to BMW Ireland, which you seem to have.
    Keep pushing BMW Ireland.

biko wrote: »
    Dealer name removed. This isn't the place to sign up to warn people away from businesses.

If you have paperwork showing dealer said the feature should exist, and it doesn't, then you can escalate to BMW Ireland, which you seem to have.
    Keep pushing BMW Ireland.

surely I'm entitled to my opinion on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

Oh well
    At least you have a 6 series!
    Awesome car.
    Is it a gran coupe?

carsfan wrote: »
    Oh well
    At least you have a 6 series!
    Awesome car.
    Is it a gran coupe?

yes it is its mad the way the nerves work around here

surely I'm entitled to my opinion on this
    Surely you are. However, signing up and giving out about a company isn't "opinion" and this privately owned site isn't subject to free speech.
    If someone signed up to give out about you or your business we'd remove that too to avoid legal "confusion".

You have some suggestions in the thread. Of course it must be frustrating to not get what you paid for but tbh, it can have been a mistake and let's focus on the solution now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I find other posters picking the op's every post apart in an attempt to back the dealer and/or prove him wrong very unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Personally I don't know the dealer from Adam, don't even live in the same county.

I just believe the OP is being unfair to a business on a public forum and not specific enough in his accusations. If the specification in question was advertised in writing in the advert or similar, then i'd be backing him. But all I can see is that it was simply said in conversation, perhaps by mistake. Which is unfortunate, buts that's about all it is.

It's not a deal-clinching feature, especially on a three year old car that wasn't specifically ordered by the current customer.

What's more unsettling is a brand new poster signing up to a big forum and slating a business over a minor issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

yes it is its mad the way the nerves work around here

It's to prevent legal action taken against the website. If somebody slated your own business, the mods would do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I appreciate Biko's attempts to remove the dealer's name, and reading this thread just now had me going mad that I didn't know who everyone was talking about.

But then I had a quick look at the tags..... ;)

snip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

All these pages in and I'm none the wiser what connected drive is. :)

To be fair, from reading the thread it appears that the sales staff made an honest mistake. Is this connected drive a big deal?

I it not spoil for BMW to retro fit it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Patww79 wrote: »
    It's probably more of a big deal to charge extra for it and offer no reimbursement for their 'mistake' than having/not having it is.

I very much doubt they charged extra for it on a used car....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

OP.... do you have it in writing that your car comes with Connected Drive?
    from the dealer/salesperson

if you do, then very simple.... see a solicitor.... be sorted out in no time.

if you dont have it in writing, its only your word the dealer said it had this and that, which could be your way of scamming the dealer for all anyone knows....

Always get it in writing....

Advertisement