Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android tablet minus facebook twitter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

what do you mean by log in? with my gotab i did not log in anywhere unless turning it on is considered logging in. I had a swipe to unlock not a password. Thanks will look at asus memopad

Why are you so worried about being "tracked"? You need to log in to a Google account on any android tablet so from then on they can keep an eye on you but I mean do you really think they care that you downloaded angry birds or browsed on rte.ie? Without letting them do this little bit of tracking you won't get as good a user experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

what do you mean by log in? with my gotab i did not log in anywhere unless turning it on is considered logging in. I had a swipe to unlock not a password. Thanks will look at asus memopad

I mean when you login to play store or any store.

For money, the three of them (because there are different versions) are all great buys.
    Amazon, Nexus and Asus. I was more referring to the memopad HD (ME173X version) But it seems that it's harder to find and may have gone up in price... :/

Amazon Italy always seem to have good prices on tablets and add around €8 for shipping. (They vary which tablets are on sale).
    Fire seems to be your best bet for ease of getting and *price.

(*They'll get it back when they sell your info :p)

Amazon Fire - http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00ZDWLEEG
    Asus Fonepad - http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00L9UFT56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Why are you so worried about being "tracked"? You need to log in to a Google account on any android tablet so from then on they can keep an eye on you but I mean do you really think they care that you downloaded angry birds or browsed on rte.ie? Without letting them do this little bit of tracking you won't get as good a user experience.
    i disagree with it in principle. when they pay my broadband bill they can track me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

i disagree with it in principle. when they pay my broadband bill they can track me

Good luck with that, there's no avoiding it. Every web page uses cookies to track you. You've already given this site lots of information about you

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Gardener

now 74
    i presume that is the one?
    Yes, it was on offer for a few weeks, hadn't realised it had gone up in price already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

Yes, it was on offer for a few weeks, hadn't realised it had gone up in price already.
    OK thanks

Advertisement