Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,443 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

average 73km/h on a motorway/DC isnt realistic though so it shows that we are not quite there yet.

Depend , I usually take the older national routes when I'm not commuting, having said that when I'm on days I usually avoid the M7/N7 as the road is not fit for purpose. Anyway, I do enjoy taking the older routes when I'm not in a rush. I know a lot of people have the mindset that they have to get there asap or trying to beat the estimated GPS time lol.

I have to say though I don't really want another small car like the Leaf or Ioniq , I'm trying to get my partner to get a 7 seater which would be very convenient for us to take Granny off with us some places or her parents when they come over without having to take 2 cars and I could live with the small hatch but it's a right pain in the ass having a hatch and small estate.

I would imagine those who buy the Zoe could be happy enough getting decent range. I bet it will sell well on the continent as the 22 Kwh was highly successful there.

I normally drive 120 (real world 120, so 128 in the leaf) on the motorway.
    This is what I do normally in an ICE or when I'm not range limited in my leaf. I think thats generally people's mentality.

When there is an EV that can comfortably do dublin to cork non stop at 120 then there will be mass adoption.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

ELM327 wrote: »
    I normally drive 120 (real world 120, so 128 in the leaf) on the motorway.
    This is what I do normally in an ICE or when I'm not range limited in my leaf. I think thats generally people's mentality.

When there is an EV that can comfortably do dublin to cork non stop at 120 then there will be mass adoption.

Most people don't drive at the motorway limit at all.

BoatMad wrote: »
    My experience since getting my leaf
    Range Mode:
    Driving at 100km/h indicated on the motorway to save range, everyone flies by, I make 0 overtakes (except trucks)

Normal Mode:
    Driving at 110-120km/h indicated on the motorway , I make some overtakes but generally 75% of cars pass me, and I pass the other 25%

Non restricted Mode :
    Driving at >120 km/h indicated. When I am travelling less than 70-80 km with a full charge I can drive as I please, and even above 140km/h I still find I am overtaken as much as I overtake

Conclusion: it's not empirical, but based on my opinion more people drive at or above the limit, than below.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

My experience since getting my leaf
    Range Mode:
    Driving at 100km/h indicated on the motorway to save range, everyone flies by, I make 0 overtakes (except trucks)

Normal Mode:
    Driving at 110-120km/h indicated on the motorway , I make some overtakes but generally 75% of cars pass me, and I pass the other 25%

Non restricted Mode :
    Driving at >120 km/h indicated. When I am travelling less than 70-80 km with a full charge I can drive as I please, and even above 140km/h I still find I am overtaken as much as I overtake

Conclusion: it's not empirical, but based on my opinion more people drive at or above the limit, than below.

I would personally say that there is a considerable group of people at around 110 km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 64,841 ✭✭✭✭unkel

BoatMad wrote:
    Range in a Zoe does not fall 25% in winter

Oh yes it does. And the rest. Renault France are very honest about it. They state the NEDC range of 400km on their website. And that the real life range is 300km in good weather and 200km in winter. So 33% less. Nyland didn't even get 200km, but I guess winter in Norway is colder than winter in France :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

BoatMad wrote: »
    I drive at motorway limit, every limit actually. I don't see any reason for why I can drive faster than that limit. I'll hand in my licence if I decide I think it's ok for me to drive faster than the limits. Obeying the rules of the road is a prerequisite for holding a driver's licence, in my eyes.

I think I'm a rare beast!

Most days I plough down the motorway at 120-130 Kph, conditions permitting, in the Leaf once I don't need to worry about range for commuting. I'd imagine I'm pretty hard on the battery to be honest and probably more than a substantial number of Leaf drivers. You definitely won't see me being over taken my other Leaf drivers.

I've seen Gen I Leaf drivers at as low as 60 Kph on the M7 ! shocking !

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Deposit paid- should have it in early July!

• Advertisement

You're mad, with 2 months to go to the announcement of Leaf II, but anyway, best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 35,697 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How has range improved in this Hotty Weather. How is Con Air? Does it work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,841 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I've seen Gen I Leaf drivers at as low as 60 Kph on the M7 ! shocking !

They should be prosecuted for dangerous driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

unkel wrote: »

Worst part is one can travel at 50km/h

My 50cc scooter went nearly double that and wasn't allowed on the motorway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

You're mad, with 2 months to go to the announcement of Leaf II, but anyway, best of luck !

I would be more concerned about upgraded Ioniq announcement

Leaf 2 is set to be a big disappointment

Leaf is finished

Competition have caught up

Like the micra it will be way behind its rivals.

Won't be able to give a 24kwh Leaf away in 2019

unkel wrote: »

So should all the other slow drivers on the motorways it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

thierry14 wrote: »
    As in used? I'm not concerned. Depreciation sure - but there is a market that's perfect for older Leafs.

thierry14 wrote: »

Like a gen1 now you mean?
    2011-2017, versus 2017-2019 from your example.
    I don't see any chance that your point is true.
    However it wouldn't make much difference to me anyway even if it did, as I am saving money on an end value neutral basis. IE I did the sums assuming a zero value remaining in the car at the end and it still saves money.

(as an aside, I'm aware i'm in a small subset of people where a 70km range EV is still perfectly usable as I do a long commute of approx 60km with work charging.)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

How has range improved in this Hotty Weather. How is Con Air? Does it work well.

The air con is good, it's pretty quick to get up/down to temp.

Higher temps definitely improve range but I'm guessing any gain is probably offset by using air con. Went for a Sunday drive yesterday and did around 95km with air con on and 5 adults in the car all on 33% juice. Averaged 11.5kWh/100km over the whole trip I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Anyone seen the attached come up. Happened while I was driving back from dropping the kids to school this morning.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Was charging via the granny cable yesterday evening, and couldn't unlock the charger from the port. In the end, had to pull the emergency release in the boot. Anybody come across this before?

Anyone seen the attached come up. Happened while I was driving back from dropping the kids to school this morning.

:confused: Never seen it. Did you manage to get the car started again or were you stranded?

Was charging via the granny cable yesterday evening, and couldn't unlock the charger from the port. In the end, had to pull the emergency release in the boot. Anybody come across this before?

Yep. Unplug the car end first and it should release fine. In my experience if you unplug the 3-pin plug side out first it can cause these issues.

I've had the cable stick on me at least twice with the home charge point too. Still not sure why it happened. It also happened me once at a CCS point but not sure if that was caused by the charger itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

That's the weird thing, I was driving at the time. Car started as normal, that notice only came up when the car was in motion.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Maybe message this guy and see if he got to the bottom of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

(as an aside, I'm aware i'm in a small subset of people where a 70km range EV is still perfectly usable as I do a long commute of approx 60km with work charging.)

Thing is, I reckon you pretty much in the majority with a <60km commute.

Most people don't do half the distances they think.

Soarer wrote: »
    Thing is, I reckon you pretty much in the majority with a <60km commute.

Most people don't do half the distances they think.
    Should have specified mine is ~60km each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

UPDATE : Deposit paid, finance agreed, I will have my Ioniq in black on the 5th of July. Car is already in the country but the dealer will wait with registration so it can be 172 car. It will be the first Electric Ioniq to be registered in Mayo. Now I feel like Early Adopter... :)

Fermi wrote: »
    UPDATE : Deposit paid, finance agreed, I will have my Ioniq in black on the 5th of July. Car is already in the country but the dealer will wait with registration so it can be 172 car. It will be the first Electric Ioniq to be registered in Mayo. Now I feel like Early Adopter... :)

Nice! Well wear.

There's a post on the Irish EV Owners FB group about a Hyundai dealer in Mayo.
    Hyundai dealer in Mayo,
    We don't sell electric cars because we were promised an over 200km range but in traffic you wouldn't get 140km, there's no charge points for them this side of the Shannon and the depreciation is too high.
    When did salesmen stop doing sales.

I'm guessing you may not have shopped local. You'll have to call in and show them your new motor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Nice! Well wear.

There's a post on the Irish EV Owners FB group about a Hyundai dealer in Mayo.

I'm guessing you may not have shopped local. You'll have to call in and show them your new motor :D

Yes, I know exactly the dealer they are talking about. Both dealers in Mayo and Sligo do not sell electric versions. Me as a customer having better and more relevant information (e.g. about the ESB charging point, they had no idea). I cannot believe such attitude to business. And also giving me stupid excuses like the car is not available when dealer 100km away can get it for me....

At the end of the day, my business did not stay local I have to say..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Fermi wrote: »

Congrats, well wear!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement