Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zebre v Connacht Match Thread

Options

Comments

For some reason either player mic or ref mic seems to be playing the entire time. Can hear someone breathing in the background continually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Oh man those support lines are tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Niyi in again! That was a great break by Aki.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try of the day !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

If TOH could jump on this try scoring bandwagon my Paddy Power account would much appreciate it

• Advertisement

I don't often watch on TG4, but do they ever shut up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

For some reason either player mic or ref mic seems to be playing the entire time. Can hear someone breathing in the background continually.

Heavy breathing ????:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

its_phil wrote:
    If TOH could jump on this try scoring bandwagon my Paddy Power account would much appreciate it

Just subbed off for danie I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Niyi did great! It's ****ing relieving to say game over!

Connacht defence switched off a bit there. Need to be careful with more than ten minutes left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭calico77

defence optional in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

48 all anyone? Need to really focus now.

Heavy breathing ????:D:D:D

I'm listening through headphones, maybe not as clear without them, but its very distracting. Must be from the Ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

vienne86 wrote: »
    Connacht defence switched off a bit there. Need to be careful with more than ten minutes left.

It's amazing how much space there is on a rugby pitch when neither team is applying a defensive system

Akrasia wrote: »
    It's amazing how much space there is on a rugby pitch when neither team is applying a defensive system

It's beginning to remind me of the half time minnies in the RDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Father looked up at the tv there.

"Is this league"

"No union"

"Couldn't be...look at the score"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

vienne86 wrote: »
    It's beginning to remind me of the half time minnies in the RDS!
    I must get down to the RDS more often :D

Minnie_Mouse.png

That got silly looking in the end. Anyway 5 points and table top for Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭maroondog

The 5 points were a must but worryingly how easily Zebre were getting for those tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

So that's another bonus point win in the bag and we're top of the league approaching March. We have also scored more tries than any other team.....and yet I'm distinctly underwhelmed....that's a good sign I guess?? :confused:

First off, let's pray Heenan and Ronaldson haven't picked up anything too serious. I firmly believe this Connacht team are good enough to finish the season in style but injuries are the one thing which could derail us.

On that note, I hope Eoghan Masterson is ok....it looked a horrible one.

Our defence has to be a serious concern though. I was looking at the table during the week and noticed just how many points we had conceded in comparison to the tighter defences. After 14 games (excluding Connacht game today), we have conceded exactly 100 more points than Leinster. That figure has only gotten worse after today's result. Home games to Leinster, Munster, Ospreys, Glasgow are going to be tight and defence will play a huge part in how those games go.....we really need to tighten up there.

• Advertisement

When it was 20-24, with Masterson injured, the game could well have slipped from our hands. Very happy with the BP win 50 points, top of the league 7 games to go. Would we have complained about that in August?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Job done.Mad game. So we were one point shy of the leinster tally last week. The worry would be the amount of points conceded. While Matt scored 3 tries AJ was my MOTM. Was glad to see Tiernan off the field when job was done. He was seriously good again. Well done Pat on that. Masterson injury looks a season ender for him. Couldnt watch the replay of it. Marmion did his credentials a lot of good today. Hope to see him on the bench for Ireland next week (and this time give him time on the field Joe).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

connachta wrote: »
    Would we have complained about that in August?

Probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There's a tear in James Gandolfini's eyes in heaven tonight.

I'm quite happy for Zebres, this BP could help them to be in HCup too, ahead of Treviso. They deserve this, much improved team all in all..

AJ MacGinty tackles made 13 missed 0 :eek::eek::eek:

But there's more impressive McCartney did 16 missed 0! Stunning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

But there's more impressive McCartney did 16 missed 0! Stunning
    And yet we managed to ship 34 points.

Because tackling doesn't always mean not conceeding ground...McKeon did well, we should be fine if Masterson needs a recovey time.
    But disappointed by Marshall, would like to have one of Dillane Roux or Browne for Ospreys. Fingers crossed

PS : I think Heffernan played more minutes as backrow openside flanker cover, than he did as hooker this season :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

But disappointed by Marshall, would like to have one of Dillane Roux or Browne for Ospreys. Fingers crossed
    in fairness it's probably a bit soon to judge someone coming back from injury.

Advertisement